Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 113781 times)

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #645 on: February 16, 2020, 07:23:53 am »

Dixie takes the vine-juice from Jack, then hands it to Lucy.

"Let's do it. Where's the hinge on this thing... no hinge..."

Dixie moves the door slightly to see where it turns. "I see... Let's fill this part here, "  Dixie gestured at the bottom of the door, farthest from where hinges would be if it didn't run on magic. She then held a hand towards it and then channelled mana outward, and the air started to freeze and practically solidify. "Luce, douse it."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 07:54:39 am by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 16, 2020, 08:06:21 am »

"On it."

The liquid flowed, taking shape of a near-perfect half pyramid as it solidfied at the designated spot.

"Perhaps we should freeze the other side too, in case this thing could freely change fulcrum?"

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 16, 2020, 08:12:36 am »

"Hm, yea." Dixie held her extra hand to the other side and started to freeze it too while still freezing the doorstop. She pressed her right knee and foor to the door just in case it suddenly decides to bolt.

Ice skill confirmed as part of Novice Magic?

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 16, 2020, 10:44:18 am »

"You're getting better at it."

Lucy noted to the side as the two of them formed the second block. It was probably the time to move, afterward. They've did their best.

((Sure, it should be there from the start anyway))

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 16, 2020, 11:05:53 am »

"Hm... I suppose so. "

Having finished icing the door stuck, Dixie looked at her hands and  the ice blocks they formed and smiled, then walked to the rest of the group.

"Hm... I suppose I'll take this one, then. " Dixie motioned to the pentagram, having heard that they have to hit it, and having figured that pentagram meant magic but in a rather sinister way.

She held a hand towards the pentagram, heating it with fire. Technically, if she's constantly hitting it the same way the Greenskins' Holocaust is stabbing the sword sigil, then the only thing left is for the arrow sigil to be shot at any point, right?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 16, 2020, 03:20:49 pm »

Jack's eye rolled cartoonishly.

He loaded another shaft, aimed, then fired.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 16, 2020, 04:41:07 pm »

"So we just stick our weapons and everything should work out?"

The ironclad slayer unsheathed his gladius and tried stab the wall with the sword sign. He used both his hands and did his pushed his hardest just so the gladius would stick on the wall.

"Hm... I suppose I'll take this one, then. " Dixie motioned to the pentagram, having heard that they have to hit it, and having figured that pentagram meant magic but in a rather sinister way.

She held a hand towards the pentagram, heating it with fire. Technically, if she's constantly hitting it the same way the Greenskins' Holocaust is stabbing the sword sigil, then the only thing left is for the arrow sigil to be shot at any point, right?

Jack's eye rolled cartoonishly.

He loaded another shaft, aimed, then fired.

All three etchings light up simultaneously, creating a symphony of moving parts from behind the walls of the room. Soon after, the door on the other side of the room slides open, revealing a set of stairs going up.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 16, 2020, 07:21:51 pm »

"Oookay looks like it worked." The slayer scratched his helmet.

"Alright! Let's go!"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 17, 2020, 04:47:11 am »

"Shouldn't someone check for traps before we start walking up the stairs, but if you just want to rush ahead be my guest."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 17, 2020, 08:02:49 am »

Dixie inhaled, and then charged mana through her hands to heed Burt's suggestion, summoning forth two rigid-looking canes -- one to tap the steps and the other to hover just above her head, as she leads the climb up the stairs.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 17, 2020, 10:15:15 pm »

Dixie inhaled, and then charged mana through her hands to heed Burt's suggestion, summoning forth two rigid-looking canes -- one to tap the steps and the other to hover just above her head, as she leads the climb up the stairs.

As the party climbs up the next step of stairs the world around them starts to dim. Some sounds, like the chirping of birds outside or flickering of fire in the lamps set against the walls, which they could hear previously but didn’t register as more than background noise for most, have become more pronounced in their absence. Even the expected *thud* and *clank* of their footsteps quiten to little more than the clink of a needle falling into a haystack. Light itself seems to slowly leak out of their vision and into an imperceptible void, hanging just beyond the extent of their vision. As they make their way into the next room they can make out shadows and silhouettes, presumably similarly attired as the preceding rooms, but the furthest reaches and fine details aren’t visible as little light filters through the windows and no torches have been lit up.

All that can be seen in the darkness is a dim blue sparkling on the other side of the room, of what appears to be some electrical cables poking out of the wall. Aside from the sound of the irregular crackling echoes made by the cables, there is also a low droning noise, something resembling the whirling of fans, seemingly coming from somewhere within the room.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

((Much thanks to wierd for creating the map, and upcoming maps!))
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 17, 2020, 10:24:32 pm »

"It's dark in here... Should I light it all up on fire?

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 17, 2020, 11:58:59 pm »

"That was like visiting the witch's gingerbread house from certain folklore, and now we find her kitchen, where she ate all the unwary traveler."

Linea commented while still holding her playbook and kept her eyes peeled for any signal. Her aforementioned commentary itself was not a good sign at all and they never should have come here.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 18, 2020, 12:17:39 am »

"It's dark in here... Should I light it all up on fire?
"You should." The ironclad slayer affirmed. "Unless someone has a torch then that is more convenient." He suggested.

"I noticed you are getting pale," he said, "I suggest you take turns with elf girl if you plan to use your magic."

"Everyone else, stay close, we need to do this carefully."

The ironclad slayer walked in the dimlit path. His guard is up, his shoulder is tensed, and his senses run wild. Hearing noises from the outside inside a closed room didn't make things less tense, it only made everything a lot more deadly peculiar.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 01:21:52 am by invul_nerable »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 18, 2020, 12:43:01 am »

Satisfied with the work that Clever-girl and the old goat had worked on the purple doors, the old hobo ascended the stairs behind the rest of the group.

Reaching the top, that same group had clustered together near the landing; The room was filled with darkness thick enough to cut with a knife. His sense of danger in the room became an all-encompasing malaise--- It wasn't that he could feel something dangerous in the room-- It was because he could feel NOTHING that was in the blackness. It was the existential terror of finding oneself blind.  Mama was concerned for him, as he had started acting a little strangely.  He had an overpowering desire to stay close to the stair, and run if needed.  He feared if he ventured into the darkness, he would never find his way back.

He took a deep breath, and focused his mind.  Irrational thoughts and panic are more dangerous than what you cannot see or feel. he repeated to himself over and over.  He kept mama close to him, but still stayed close to the stair.  He decided he would sit tight, and let the magic users figure this one out.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 12:46:43 am by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 142