Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 113737 times)

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #690 on: February 22, 2020, 07:29:08 am »

The ironclad slayer was caught of guard by a trap laid on the floor, but his reflexes didn't fail him, he managed to dodge the ice shards springing upward to impale him but just barely, he managed to avoid its lethal spiked but got caught by its freezing effect. He stumbles on the ground, while Dixie safely dodged the trap and continued in her way towards the darkness.

Unfortunately, calamity hits as the acrobat girl stepped on some traps herself, she managed to dodge some but the place is riddled with it so she eventually got caught.
Maslarein watched as Dixie ran out into the room. He respected that, running ahead to save everyone. She’d probably be fine, she looked like someone who knew what they were doing. Almost the second he thought that, traps around Dixie activated.

He couldn’t see her anymore, the darkness blocking his vision of her probably extremely injured body, but he knew where she would have fallen. ‘Oh, crap. That‘s bad.’. Maslarein was running immediately, as fast as he could, hoping he could get there before another trap triggered, or an enemy appeared, or anything else happened.

No time to get my shield up, I’ll just have to body block anything that attacks her.” Maslarein wasn’t laughing or shouting his words as usual. For once, he was actually serious. Someone needed help, so he would help them. As simple as that.

Maslarein spends 2 AP to Move to I11, and will attempt to interpose himself between Dixie and the Hostile Artifact.
The slayer wanted to help but his foot is still freezing. He rubbed both his hand and slammed his shield against it but its not melting any time soon. Instead his lion headed friend ran in his behalf.

Goddamnit I'm gonna lose again He thought. He willed himself to stand and ran towards the Dixie too, it's dark but he saw where she was when she fell

GSH runs to I11 and picks up Dixie from Maslarien (1AP)
GSH runs back to safety M7 (1AP)

« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 12:00:26 am by invul_nerable »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 22, 2020, 07:36:27 am »

"Hey guys I don't know if anyone else can hear this but there's something moving around in the darkness in front of me and its getting louder."

Burt moves to O7 and gets his revolver ready to kill anything hostile.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 22, 2020, 08:02:50 am »

Doctor Doak realizes he’s less useful in combat than the others, not aided by his dwindling ammunition.

Move carefully toward the electrical wires at P16.

If I reach there, inspect the wires, what do they connect to, what do they do?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 22, 2020, 11:35:00 pm »

Jack cursed and ground his right foot into the polished stone floor.  Why did everyone have to be so obstinately stupid all the [expletive] time?  He really could not grasp how somebody that just took a magical beam to the face, and slumped to the floor, could accept a healing potion and then FAIL to drink it, especially when more [expletive] was clearly bearing down on their stupid fool [posterior end.]

That was it-- he'd had it.  This room was just crap.  It was bull[expletive]. Garbage. A [expletive] deathtrap.

He nudged Mama again, who was getting a bit unnerved with him by this point-- She had a mind of her own, and did not approve of being pushed around, however politely it was done-- and the two moved close to the stairs again.

He did not have enough resolve to clear his mind of the cloying terror that was trying to rip his sanity apart that this room was prompting in him. He longed to have that calming comfort of Mama's collectedness wrapped around his shattering mind, but he did not want to subject her to his existential terror, since he knew he could not keep his thoughts calm and ordered for her to comprehend-- it would just be a static blast of uncontrolled fear extending into infinity for her.  Instead he just knelt to the floor by the stairs, wrapped his arms around her neck, and sniffed in the scent of her fur.  It was beautiful-- Soft grass, leaves, and heavy earthy mud from their triumph against that stupid one-way door. Good wholesome, natural smells. She accepted the hug, but he lingered with it a bit too long for her comfort. He released her, and looked at her eyes, sparkling with curiosity and concern, but he dared not make contact. Not now.  He instead nuzzled her face, then turned toward the darkness, drew his bow, and knocked an arrow.  if something bore down on that deer-headed fool, he would shoot it from right there, near the stairs.

-------

Jack and Mama move to P4.
Jack readies a shot, will shoot if an offensive target appears within the 6 tile distance from his position.
Mama uses Guard.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 11:39:18 pm by wierd »

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 23, 2020, 08:37:19 pm »

I don't want this. I don't want to be clumped together with a ragtag bunch of misfits and see one of them dying right in front of me. Stop scattering around you son of-

If anything, what Linea wanted now is to scream at the top of her lung, but she knew it was better to use every ounce of her energy for something more meaningful than cursing at unruly civilians. Time to rip this goddamn darkness open.

She gripped her bow tighter. An arrow nocked, enchanted with magic and within a second, it lodged at the stone tiles where the armored knight retreated with the wounded girl. One side of the arrowhead then projected a faint, almost invisible magic barrier around them, the other side remained, it was fiery red, glowing menacingly against the darkness.

Another arrow, similar magic properties, securely nocked on her stretched bow. She looked at one party member, an elderly egghead who seemed to have more egg than the head walking alone toward the darkness. What would she do? Well, to hell with him!

Instead of releasing the arrow with her bow, Linea slammed the damn thing against the cold, stony floor right beneath her, shattering the part of the broadhead where her fire magic had been stored.

Fire kindled from the shards and eventually forming a blanket of fire that spreads quickly. And as it reached the second arrow, the fire turned into a shallow tide of flames that scorches the floor it touches, but none of it seemed to burn the tile where the opposite side of the arrow was facing.

Linea used scorch, a large area-denial in a form of fire tide that spans within a cone-shaped area starting from J and L6 to the edge of the room. The fire deals 20% of her fire spell on each tile

Additionally, the arrows also carry a protective spell against its own magic, negating its effect on selected tiles

She braced for any incoming projectile. If there were any remained traps, surely it would be triggered by the fire. An expected result triggered by reckless action. No... the fire was still pretty much under her control, and it was a helluva safer than checking every tile one by one.

Linea still had one protective arrow and she released it as the fire nearly reached the old man. It was a quick aim, and she half expected the arrow to hit his calf instead. Lucky, or rather... unfortunately, it embedded itself on the floor, missing several inches from his heel.

The spell would protect them from fire, but never from any other source of danger. Why did she do that? The old man would still be a dire situation once the fire triggered the trap!

She had no idea. Perhaps it was the pity, perhaps it was simply to relieve herself from the guilty of injuring others.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 08:40:10 pm by Slyph »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 24, 2020, 07:35:45 am »

Maslarein spends 2 AP to Move to I11, and will attempt to interpose himself between Dixie and the Hostile Artifact.
Action registered.

GSH runs to I11 and picks up Dixie from Maslarien (1AP)
GSH runs back to safety M7 (1AP)

Action registered. Dixie is now at M7.

Burt moves to O7 and gets his revolver ready to kill anything hostile.
Action registered.

Doctor Doak realizes he’s less useful in combat than the others, not aided by his dwindling ammunition.

Move carefully toward the electrical wires at P16.

If I reach there, inspect the wires, what do they connect to, what do they do?

Doctor Doak carefully moves towards P16. As he gets closer, the disturbing sound of whirling seems to get louder. When he gets to O11, the noise is at an uncomfortable crescendo.

It's too dark to see clearly, but there seems to be something unusual and glossy underneath the wires, as the floor glows blue-ish green each time the wires flash. Some sort of liquid, perhaps. Some of the wires also seem to be attached to the wall, going along it towards the right.

Suddenly, Doctor Doak notices the bizarre mechanical contraption spinning in place next to him, undoubtedly the source of the strange whirling sounds. Blades jut out in a twisted yet geometrically elegant fashion as the object spins in place like a top, seemingly unaware of the doctor.

Upon it's revelation, Burt shoots at the clearly hostile object twice, dealing 34+37 damage (5+5 blocked) to it. Revolver ammunition remaining: 34.

Jack and Mama move to P4.
Jack readies a shot, will shoot if an offensive target appears within the 6 tile distance from his position.
Mama uses Guard.
Action registered.

Linea used scorch, a large area-denial in a form of fire tide that spans within a cone-shaped area starting from J and L6 to the edge of the room. The fire deals 20% of her fire spell on each tile

Additionally, the arrows also carry a protective spell against its own magic, negating its effect on selected tiles

A wave of fire erupts outward from the ground, spreading in a cone from the origin of Linea's location across the room and lighting up much of it along the way. The enchanted arrows of protection Linea had shot wards off the flames from some of the tiles, however not all the adventurers were protected. As the tide of flames rolls its way through the room, several trap mechanisms are triggered, causing a few blades and magic bolts to go flying in random directions, though fortunately not hitting anyone. (Total stamina used: 100, Arrows remaining: 35)

The mechanical contraption at Q11 takes 9 damage from the flame wave. The inactive artifact at F14 takes 2 damage (80% magic resisted). Maslarein takes takes 7 damage (19% magic resisted).

Spoiler: Scorch coverage (click to show/hide)

Doctor Doak could now see more clearly the nature of the wires. There is a sizable puddle of liquid around the wires, of which the flame wave had little effect on. A few wires run along the wall to the right, ultimately disappearing at around the T11 tile. It is still a bit too dark to see clearly what is on that tile, but there appears to be a peculiar-looking wall of some sort.

The bladed mechanical contraption then suddenly starts to move, zooming towards GSH, Dixie, and Burt, stopping just short of them. As it gets into range, Jack shoots the object with his bow, dealing 20 damage (5 blocked) to it. Arrows remaining: 44.

Meanwhile, Dixie (downed) loses 11 HP. She is now at -13 HP (fatal at -55 HP).

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Character Sheets

Next turn has begun.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 24, 2020, 08:53:16 am »

"Damn magic traps everywhere."
Burt quickly drinks the health potion, then shoots the spinning death blades with his revolver until it dies.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 24, 2020, 09:01:53 am »

Doctor Doak stops to consider for a moment.

The peculiar looking wall could be providing power - or something - to the wires, or the wires could be doing the same for the wall.

He decides on the former, and approaches the wall.

Carefully approach the peculiar looking wall at T11 and examine it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 24, 2020, 09:10:26 am »

Jack was VERY thankful he had moved close to the stairs, as fire washed over the room, flooding it in warm light as the wave of liquid fire raced to the far wall.

Struggling to retain bladder continence in the wave of its revelation, concerning the source of the whooshing sound, he stayed squatted down, nocked two more arrows, and shot them at the spinning mechanical monstrosity.

Who would even consider making something like that?  Whoever made this place was twisted beyond reason, and he longed to jam his walking stick up their [expletive] should they ever cross paths.

Right now though, he just wanted to survive.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 24, 2020, 10:52:29 pm »

Fueled with adrenaline, the slayer rushed towards where they came from; where Lucy is located. His allies is shooting something beside him as he ran carelessly towards the entrance. He do not plan to even remotely look back to find out what it is chasing him right now, what is in running in his mind at the very moment is to get Dixie to safety.

Fortunately, he arrived safely and placed Dixie in front of Lucy. He covered his bleeding wound, raised his head and asked. "White beard, is she going to be alright?"

GSH runs towards the entrance.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 25, 2020, 01:27:46 am »

As expected, several mechanical contraptions hurled across the room, causing Linea to draw her bow again to attack them. The fatigue began to hampering her aim, but luckily some other adventurer managed to shot them down before she let loose her arrow.

"I am tired. Let them neutralize the remaining threats."

Linea lowered her bow and undone the enchantment spell, taking rest for this round.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 25, 2020, 02:30:59 am »

"She will." Lucy frowned a bit, pulling out a glasses and replacing its lens with a more tinted pair. "That's better. Do keep the nasty stuff away, this is a delicate process."

There were burn and frostbite injuries, not to mention the bleeding - both inside and out - or the terrible bruising. But her head was intact, and that's the only important part as far as Lucy was concerned. Tuning out the ongoing battle, he focused his attention and began his work.

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 25, 2020, 03:22:49 am »

Maslarein sighed in relief as everything seemed to be pretty much handled. Most of the traps were probably triggered by that Fire Wave, Dixie had been taken to safety by Armoured Comrade and the only remaining threat was some spinning-blade thing that looked almost broken already.

HaHa! Success! This Room has Been Defeated!

He laughed boisterously, confident in their victory, and walked over to the rest of the group.

Maslarein Moves to L8. If the Blade Spinner is somehow still alive, then he’ll Attack it.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 25, 2020, 05:11:14 am »

"Damn magic traps everywhere."
Burt quickly drinks the health potion, then shoots the spinning death blades with his revolver until it dies.
[Burt -1 Health Potion]
[Burt +40 HP]

Burt shoots the Blade Spinner twice, dealing 32+37 damage (5+5 blocked). Revolver ammunition remaining: 42.

Carefully approach the peculiar looking wall at T11 and examine it.
The wall is slightly protruding outwards from the adjacent walls, and the wires are connected to the side of the wall's protruding edge. Seeing as sparks are continuously coming out from the broken wires near the liquid puddle, it is likely that there is something within or behind the wall that is creating the sparks.

Struggling to retain bladder continence in the wave of its revelation, concerning the source of the whooshing sound, he stayed squatted down, nocked two more arrows, and shot them at the spinning mechanical monstrosity.
Jack shoots the Blade Spinner twice, dealing 19+19 damage (5+5 blocked). Arrows remaining: 42.

GSH runs towards the entrance.
Action registered.

Linea lowered her bow and undone the enchantment spell, taking rest for this round.
Linea recovers back to full stamina.

Maslarein Moves to L8. If the Blade Spinner is somehow still alive, then he’ll Attack it.
Maslarein whacks the Blade Spinner with his short sword, dealing 13 damage (5 blocked). Becoming too damaged, the contraption starts to malfunction, soon collapsing onto the ground and breaking into a pile of random blades and metallic parts.

All enemies have been defeated, and combat ends!

Lucy heals the party to full, costing 174 points of healing. Lucy has 126 points of healing remaining for the day.

Dixie has been revived and healed to full, with her fatigue set to maximum.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Character Sheets

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 25, 2020, 08:56:44 am »

"Well that thing wasn't near as threatening as it looked, I mean it died so easy."
Burt reloads his revolver, then look through the broken bits of whats left death blade thing and sees if there's any bits that are good for anything and to figure out how it worked.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 142