Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 113571 times)

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #555 on: February 13, 2020, 09:43:51 pm »

"I doubt there are some traps are lying anywhere once we get inside.

Mister Jack, would you like to take the job removing traps inside or this tincan will do it?" Laemmle said.

"If tincan will go in, I'm going with him and watch his back from doing reckless again."
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 13, 2020, 10:10:55 pm »

Doctor Doak walks up next to GSH and places a hand on his shoulder.

If you don’t mind I’d like to take a more subtle approach. If it doesn’t work...” he glances back toward the rest of the group, “well, we’ll figure something out, I’m sure.

Doctor Doak then approaches the goblin statue.

Uh... good morning?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 14, 2020, 12:03:45 am »

Dixie approaches the statue as well, following Doak. Daggers unsheathed and held at her back, just in case it tries to attack their possibly frailest member.
I have a YouTube channel.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 14, 2020, 12:11:37 am »

Jack was frowning. This situation had his danger senses tingling like fire down his back, to the point it was distracting.  He had been in a bit of a sour mood since the day before, when he had the argument with the elf-girl.  It wasn't the argument itself that had him so sour; it was more he felt elves were above such pettiness.  He tried to resolve it internally that maybe this was why that clan he encountered were so strongly insistent upon his being kept at arms-length from their younger members, and his only being interacted with by those 200 and older. 

Maybe they had a reason... he wondered to himself. Perhaps the city-elf girl had experienced a poor upbringing, and had taken on the more impetuous behaviors of human peers.

He shook his head. The idea disturbed him greatly.  1000+ year lifespan, with that level of disregard.  The harm that could be done in a single lifetime, should they go bad. He found himself wishing that the point-hatted do-gooder was there with them-- Something he rarely considered in a favorable light since his mandated exodus so many years ago. He KNEW that she would set this girl straight though. That ice-queen could put out ANY fire.

Mama disturbed him from his dark reverie with a hard headbutt.  He turned to see what had her so insistent.

"he (shiny ass) smells (stupid) (again)"

Jack looked in the direction she swung her head, and sure enough, the shiny metal [expletive deleted] was wringing his gauntlets together in a slightly hunched over position looking at the seated statue behind the table in dubious anticipation.  The frail old man with the thick glasses stopped him momentarily, said something to him, then approached the sitting figure, but the shiny nitwit seemed completely undeterred, and began slowly reaching for the pig-sticker on his back.

Jack groaned. Mama was right, they had to intercede on this, before things could go sideways AGAIN. This kid seemed to never learn his lesson (nor how to keep his mouth shut.)

Jack looked back down at Mama, who was looking up at him apprehensively and urgently.  He agreed that they would take preemptive action to keep this under control, and he conveyed the plan. She cheered up almost immediately, and became filled with ornery delight at the prospect.  The two swept into action with no further communication.

Jack waddled up behind the armored fool, and tapped him on the shoulder, much like the old Doctor had, interrupting the slow sword pull, and getting a slight jump out of him. "WHAT DO YOU WANT YOU---" was all he said before spinning around and seeing Jack. "Oh, I thought you were a greenskin! Don't do that friend-- it's--" but that's all the further he got.

Jack effortlessly stepped to the side, as mama stood up behind the slayer, then put both her fore-arms down on his shoulders with a shove, pushing him to the ground, then finishing with a headbutt that pushed him forward. "WHAT ARE---"

Jack sidestepped back over the slayer and sat on his back, much like he had to the city guard some nights before. Mama took her perch on the slayer's butt and legs.  Good girl mama. the hobo rasped lovingly, accepting face licks and a nuzzle.

"GET OFF ME! THE GREEN SKINS---" wailed the armored man, his arms swinging impotently against the ground repeatedly as he tried to get up from being pinned face-down under a 500lb bear, and a 200lb man. "SHE'S HEAVY!!" he wailed.

Jack chuckled despite his best efforts. Ye' should try sleepin' with 'er.

There was a momentary pause in the struggling, followed by intensified struggling. Jack's chuckling turned into bellicose laughter.

Mama nudged him again, and indicated toward the doctor approaching the seated figure. She radiated apprehension, demanding if this was wise, pleading with him to just leave.

Jack stopped laughing, (perhaps to outside observers a bit abruptly), and began formulating secondary and deeper plans of how this could go... Mama did not like his mind running wild like that. So many layers-- "Not now" she blasted at him. She looked down at the flailing metal clad man underneath her, and her previous ornery humor returned, conveying the idea to Jack.

Jack smirked.  He spoke out loud Not a bad idea.. Should be fun ta watch...

"WHAT ARE YOU TWO PLANNING!? LET ME GO!!" shouted the man underneath him, his struggling never once ceasing.  Jack leaned over, and opened the man's visor, which let out a sharp high-pitched squeak of rusty metal. Jus' what we intend ta do if'n this goes sideways despite stopping yer fool ass. Jack rustled in his bag and extracted one of the remaining health potions in his bag, and shoved it unceremoniously into the visor's blackness, before shutting the visor with a clang. Ye might be needin that fer the landin, ifn' things go sour-- Else, I'll be wantin that back.

Muffled wails and the continued beating of arms was the only response.

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 14, 2020, 12:38:26 am »

Maslarein looked on as Bear sat on Armoured Rival. He stared blankly for a second, as if trying to comprehend what he just saw, until he burst out in laughter.

HAHA! Well, you seem to be in quite the predicament, Friend! I would help you, but I am needed elsewhere!” Maslarein gave Armoured Comrade’s struggling body a thumbs up, his grin halfway between it’s usually infuriating cheerfulness and a more natural looking mirth. “I believe in your strength! Good Luck! HAHAHA!

Maslarein then ran to catch up with Dagger Girl (Dixie) and Smart Person (Dr. Doak), just in case they needed any help.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 14, 2020, 01:26:49 am »

Doctor Doak walks up next to GSH and places a hand on his shoulder.

If you don’t mind I’d like to take a more subtle approach. If it doesn’t work...” he glances back toward the rest of the group, “well, we’ll figure something out, I’m sure.

Doctor Doak then approaches the goblin statue.

Uh... good morning?

The goblin opens one of his eyes, gazes lazily at Doctor Doak for a moment, then closes it again.

"Seems closer to noon to me, donnit?"

The goblin lowers his feet to the ground and adopts a less casual sitting pose. He then opens both his eyes and gazes at the party with strangely expressive ball bearings in place of irises.

"And what are you supposed to be anyway, pointdexter? Hey woah wait, forget I asked, you got a whole menagerie with you? Lemme guess, travelling circus?"

Dixie approaches the statue as well, following Doak. Daggers unsheathed and held at her back, just in case it tries to attack their possibly frailest member.

"Well hello beautiful, ain't seen nothing so pretty for a full five days now. What do you do, juggle the clowns?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maslarein looked on as Bear sat on Armoured Rival. He stared blankly for a second, as if trying to comprehend what he just saw, until he burst out in laughter.

HAHA! Well, you seem to be in quite the predicament, Friend! I would help you, but I am needed elsewhere!” Maslarein gave Armoured Comrade’s struggling body a thumbs up, his grin halfway between it’s usually infuriating cheerfulness and a more natural looking mirth. “I believe in your strength! Good Luck! HAHAHA!

Maslarein then ran to catch up with Dagger Girl (Dixie) and Smart Person (Dr. Doak), just in case they needed any help.

"Look like spring come early this year donnit? And they call my species horny maniacs. 'Tis been but a second and nonnya can restrain yourselfs in fronna a stranger like mineself. Not so much as an introduction or even 'hey what this here tower's doin' inna middle of the forest'. It's straight to bedtime busyness in the middle of the day."

The goblin lets out an exaggerated sigh and starts to strum the table.

"Kneeway, don't think we get far much with howdy do's and so forth, nonnya look like ya have enough marbles to fit a normal cranium between ya. So might be I'll lend you mine.

The goblin undoes a screw near his temple, opens the top of his skull like a door on its hinge, takes out several marbles and some cups, and closes his skull back after placing the cups on the table.

"Now I doubt you all wanna stand there gawking all day, but suit yourselfs. If anyall wanna play a game, step up."

The goblin places a marble under one of the cups, then starts switching the cup with several others back and forth with mechanical precision.

"Rules are simple, use your eyes to figure which cup the marbles under. Ya get it right, you can go inside."

The goblin thumbs at the closed gate behind him, the maw of a winged beast gawping at them.

"You can try scaling the wall, or breaking it down, sure. If you want to be magically cursed a dozen ways to Sunday that is. Beating me is the surefire way, aright? Any questions."

The goblin looks at the party with a worried look for a second, then corrects himself.

"No I don't mean questions like my mother's maiden name, or how big my nuts and bolts are. Show a goblin automaton some privacy. I mean like if ya get how to play this game, and that you all's can go inside the tower if you win aright?"
:-(

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 14, 2020, 01:41:24 am »

A little disturbed by the goblin opening his head like a toolbox, Dixie sheathed her daggers and crossed her arms. "I was gonna ask how long you've been in here, but i guess that's bitta private as well, so instead... What's stopping us from torturing you and letting us pass without having to waste time on parlor games?"

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 14, 2020, 01:53:22 am »

After hearing the goblin statue talk. The ironclad slayer wriggled even more, he would've escaped the bear if it was stationary but the bear adjusts to his movement.

"It toks? h hel om gan no kill it" he mumbled.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 14, 2020, 01:57:02 am »

A little disturbed by the goblin opening his head like a toolbox, Dixie sheathed her daggers and crossed her arms. "I was gonna ask how long you've been in here, but i guess that's bitta private as well, so instead... What's stopping us from torturing you and letting us pass without having to waste time on parlor games?"

The goblin sticks out his tongue, which is literally as sharp as a knife.

"Wowzers, you what they call a femme fatale? Lady I won't stop you from poking me all you want, I might even be into it."

The goblin claps his hand to his mouth to stifle a laugh.

"Seems you don't notice yet I'm made of metal? Blades don't hurt me, bullets don't hurt me, no magic you lot have don't hurt me and mean words might hurt me but it won't let you get pass the gate. The gate's the only way in, and you have to beat me for it. In this game, I don't mean beat me with your fists. I hope I make that part abundantly clear? A goblin automaton don't care much for torture and violence."

After hearing the goblin statue talk. The ironclad slayer wriggled even more, he would've escaped the bear if it was stationary but the bear adjusts to his movement.

"It toks? h hel om gan no kill it" he mumbled.

The goblin looks over to the pinned party member with a look of concern on his face.

"He don't look like he consented to me. You lot aright with this, poor man might be in some discomfort."

The goblin yawns loudly and starts humming a tune to himself.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 14, 2020, 02:01:28 am »

"Sooo, if we turn you into scrap metal, that gate still won't open?"

Dixie unsheaths the daggers on her waist again. "Is it not worth a shot?"

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 14, 2020, 02:01:45 am »

MIND YA'OWN BUSINESS, YA RUSTY OL' BUCKET!! rasped the hobo back at the sassy tincan, before gently knocking the slayer on the metal of his helmet with his fist for attention.

Pipe down 'ere lad-- This goes a sideways, You' be getti' yer chance at 'im, now jus' be patient.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 14, 2020, 02:06:59 am »

"Perhaps a riddle or some puzzle to proceed on the gate?" Laemmle spoke on the goblin statue. She approached it with non combat mode, yet her right arm is ready to pull her sword and her left arm is with the shield. Keeping aware from danger, ready to fight back.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 14, 2020, 02:18:39 am »

"Sooo, if we turn you into scrap metal, that gate still won't open?"

Dixie unsheaths the daggers on her waist again. "Is it not worth a shot?"

The goblin looks at her but says nothing.

MIND YA'OWN BUSINESS, YA RUSTY OL' BUCKET!! rasped the hobo back at the sassy tincan, before gently knocking the slayer on the metal of his helmet with his fist for attention.

Pipe down 'ere lad-- This goes a sideways, You' be getti' yer chance at 'im, now jus' be patient.

The goblin's metallic face locks onto an overly comical look of bemusement.

"Woah hey, which woodland critters you're privy to is your business. I don't say nothing now."

"Perhaps a riddle or some puzzle to proceed on the gate?" Laemmle spoke on the goblin statue. She approached it with non combat mode, yet her right arm is ready to pull her sword and her left arm is with the shield. Keeping aware from danger, ready to fight back.

The goblin starts nodding enthusiastically.

"Yes yes, you get it dontcha? Play the shell game, win, go through the gate to the inside. You're the brains of this group, I can tell."

The goblin nods sagely, failing at keeping his guffaws to himself.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 14, 2020, 02:23:24 am »

"Can't you just let us pass through so we can free you from... whoever turned you into that? Are you enslaved or something? How much of your life has been wasted sitting here and waiting for people to play this inane mess? "

A thought then struck Dixie.

" You're the one who tossed that other dwarf thereto, aren't you? "

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 14, 2020, 02:28:15 am »

"Seems you don't notice yet I'm made of metal? Blades don't hurt me, bullets don't hurt me, no magic you lot have don't hurt me and mean words might hurt me but it won't let you get pass the gate. The gate's the only way in, and you have to beat me for it. In this game, I don't mean beat me with your fists. I hope I make that part abundantly clear? A goblin automaton don't care much for torture and violence."

Linea stepped up. At a glance, this goblin automaton might be a trap set up by enemies, but it could be one of the two; either she was wrong or this enemy wanted to toy with them first before exploding his contraption right in front of their faces.

"Right, destroying you won't work, as you claimed. But I just want to let you know, the very thought of dismantling and finding some keys in your metallic gut repeatedly crossed my mind, and then we all will see if you are being honest or not. But I want to suspend that wish for now and instead, asking, what if we lose?"

" You're the one who tossed that other dwarf thereto, aren't you? "

And the question made Linea feel like they were in greater danger than everyone could ever think.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 02:32:25 am by Slyph »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 142