Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 112338 times)

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #570 on: February 14, 2020, 02:34:52 am »

Dixie sighed and looked at Linea with one eye closed. "I was very much hoping we could save that question for last, but whatever. I didn't wanna confirm that we're indeed playing its game. Not a ward in the universe can't be brute-forced or circumvented, anyway."

She crossed her arms, a firm grip on her daggers as she stared idly at the robo-goblin.
I have a YouTube channel.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 14, 2020, 02:45:41 am »

"Can't you just let us pass through so we can free you from... whoever turned you into that? Are you enslaved or something? How much of your life has been wasted sitting here and waiting for people to play this inane mess? "

"Woah hey now, maybe you oughta take some pointers from that pretty oaf there. This game's all you need to know about, my tragic life history's too much for you to handle right now."

The goblin replies while banging a fist on the table, wheezing from uncontrollable chuckling fits.

A thought then struck Dixie.

" You're the one who tossed that other dwarf thereto, aren't you? "

"Hey, I'm just in charge of the gate here. I don't associate with no dwarfs, and no self-respecting dwarf is gonna associate with no goblin either, whether its the automated or the regular variety. You gonn have ask someone else about tossed dwarfs."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Linea stepped up. At a glance, this goblin automaton might be a trap set up by enemies, but it could be one of the two; either she was wrong or this enemy wanted to toy with them first before exploding his contraption right in front of their faces.

"Right, destroying you won't work, as you claimed. But I just want to let you know, the very thought of dismantling and finding some keys in your metallic gut repeatedly crossed my mind, and then we all will see if you are being honest or not. But I want to suspend that wish for now and instead, asking, what if we lose?"

"Hey hey woah, having your hands inside me might be too much for me to handle. What say you demonstrate the particulars to me somewhere in private, huh?"

The goblin leers at Linea and starts chuckling again.

"Ah, now there's a decent question. What indeed if you lose... Well, I'm a affable sorta guy. I don't like making pretty missuses like all ya lose, so if you lose, I'll simply have ya try again. And if you lose again, I'll have ya try again. I'm a good sport, I'll let you try as many times ya want. Heck, how about I make it easy on allya? I'll start with five cups. Only one cup will have a marble in it and you have to guess which one. If ya lose, I'll go down to four. If ya lose again, I'll go down to three. If ya luck still sore, I'll go down to one even. Heavens help allya if ya lose even then."
:-(

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 14, 2020, 02:53:04 am »

!? Ah, so that's what's going on... This guy's just bored. Is it because he's bound here? But he doesn't really seem obligated to do this, if he'd let his game stoop that low to the point of being moot...

Dixie looked up, at the tower. Her eagerness to find out what's in there just rises. She glances at the table.

"... Let's play. "

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 14, 2020, 02:56:35 am »

ONE cup...

Jack had heard enough; He KNEW this trick.  He hadn't been born yesterday, and he knew how this was going to go down. Calmly and coolly, he extracted his tin cup from his bag, along with one of the bottles of gape-vine sap he had collected the day before.

As he sat the cup on the ground, he scanned it for anything small and hard that could pass as a marble from this distance, finding a small acorn.  It would do.  He nonchalantly palmed it, then poured his drink, and picked up the cup.

He waited for the inevitable end-game.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 14, 2020, 04:27:27 am »

!? Ah, so that's what's going on... This guy's just bored. Is it because he's bound here? But he doesn't really seem obligated to do this, if he'd let his game stoop that low to the point of being moot...

Dixie looked up, at the tower. Her eagerness to find out what's in there just rises. She glances at the table.

"... Let's play. "

"Aright looks like we're going places. So how allya wanna do this?"

The goblin looks at each party member in turn, taking an uncomfortable few seconds too long with the bear.

"I have a feeling I'll be here a while if I ask where the bear came from so Imma reserve the question. So, allya can pick one person among you to pick a cup. Or you can vote for the cup among yaselfs. Or howelse allya want it. Allya prolly wanna discuss this first, so do that and lemme know when you're ready. I'll be right here.

The goblin closes both his eyes, leans back and starts to snore.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 14, 2020, 05:40:55 am »

The ironclad slayer managed to get his head from the crutches of the bear momentarily. "I choose the middle one, number three ecause Im gonna rip you apart into in the middle and in three piec--"

The bear managed sit on him again.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 14, 2020, 06:05:59 am »

"I don't believe this!" Linea said, taking a few steps back while having her bow drawn in anticipation. The trigger discipline was still there as she still refrained herself from aiming her bow and having her fire spell in check. Just letting everyone know because she felt some of them was staring at her as if she planned to burn the whole place down.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 14, 2020, 08:18:01 am »

Burt steps out from the back of the group and looked at the weird goblin thing for a minute.

"Just play the damn game already, its not like its that hard of a thing to figure out."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 14, 2020, 08:32:00 am »

The ironclad slayer managed to get his head from the crutches of the bear momentarily. "I choose the middle one, number three ecause Im gonna rip you apart into in the middle and in three piec--"

The bear managed sit on him again.

The goblin looks bemused.

"I ain't actually started kneething yet, I thought allya talk first. Well then, here."

The goblin holds up a marble for all to see clearly. He slowly puts in under the middle cup. He then starts shuffling five cups around. Slowly at first, then gathering speed until his movements become a blur, too fast for all but the fastest of eyes to follow. He stops abruptly and squints at the downed, armored man.

"You the one picking again? Don't matter much to me, which one do you pick?"

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 14, 2020, 08:41:26 am »

"It's in none of them. " Dixie interjected with confidence.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 14, 2020, 08:54:55 am »

Jack slurped his drink with haste.

Too early! he thought to himself bitterly, as he slipped the acorn into the cup quietly, careful not to have it plink.

He waited for the golem's reaction.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 14, 2020, 08:57:12 am »

"It's in none of them. " Dixie interjected with confidence.

"That's the answer you wanna go with miss? If ya wrong, it'll count as a loss."

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 14, 2020, 08:59:47 am »

"Hmmm... Hm, fine. Third cup, then." Dixie replied, still with that same confidence she exuded a second ago.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 14, 2020, 09:04:35 am »

Burt steps out from the back of the group and looked at the weird goblin thing for a minute.

"Just play the damn game already, its not like its that hard of a thing to figure out."

Doctor Doak chuckles softly.

People can make a living off others betting on this game. It is quite spectacular the sleight of hand involved in this. Perhaps made more challenging by the addition of a mechanical man, which can move the way a human can’t.

Quite frankly, I am of the opinion we can’t win with the level of knowledge we currently have regarding the makeup of our metal friend or the table and cups with which he intends to play the game.

I deduce will likely play a significant part in all proceedings regarding the game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 14, 2020, 09:07:58 am »

"Hmmm... Hm, fine. Third cup, then." Dixie replied, still with that same confidence she exuded a second ago.

The goblin lifts the third cup. There's no marble under it.

"You win some you lose some, miss. Wanna give it another go? Or someone else maybe, whole lotta twitchy fellas at the back there.

The goblin casually tosses one of the cups behind him, reducing the total to 4. He shuffles them much the same way he did previously and stops. He doesn't say anything this time, just looks at the party expectantly.

Doctor Doak chuckles softly.

People can make a living off others betting on this game. It is quite spectacular the sleight of hand involved in this. Perhaps made more challenging by the addition of a mechanical man, which can move the way a human can’t.

Quite frankly, I am of the opinion we can’t win with the level of knowledge we currently have regarding the makeup of our metal friend or the table and cups with which he intends to play the game.

I deduce will likely play a significant part in all proceedings regarding the game.

"You'd like a crack at it now, eh? Let's see what you got then."
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 09:12:10 am by Frank »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 142