Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 113555 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #615 on: February 15, 2020, 07:49:42 am »

Jack takes the time to incrementally evaluate every item in his inventory with Mama, finally landing on his last remaining small healing potion.

Go'it. Its [expletive deleted] healin' potion.  I only got's the one lef', who wanna pour one in an' see what happ'ns?

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 15, 2020, 07:59:03 am »

Linea looked around the hall while keep reminding herself to not touch anything. This dazzling place would be a poor choice for anyone looking for a place to hide and rest, but in desperation, the missing team wouldn't have many options anyway.

She opened her playbook at its last page, reaching its back cover made from very hard yet lightweight glass. After chanting a simple spell, the bluish light enveloped the glassy surface of the book, showing a red circle surrounding a white-shaped diamond symbol. Each indicating the presence of her life force and the tracking crystal, which planted on her bow and nearly every weapon recognized or issued by CSA.

And so far, she hadn't seen any other diamond, let alone red circle on her radar. This place was awfully huge and maybe she would find something as they go deeper into this god-forsaken place. Sure, what could possibly go wrong?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 08:04:09 am by Slyph »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 15, 2020, 08:04:21 am »

"When you said the armoured idiot didn't have something everyone else had I was thinking it was going to be brains, and I guess were lucky it isn't that, also I'll sacrifice my potion to the whatever this thing is."

Burt pours his healing potion into the basin, then quickly steps back from it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 15, 2020, 09:14:00 am »

((A sensible person would keep track of what they have so they can do this))

If Doctor Doak has enough ingredients (shichetta leaves and water), make a healing potion for Burt.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 15, 2020, 09:19:45 am »

"When you said the armoured idiot didn't have something everyone else had I was thinking it was going to be brains, and I guess were lucky it isn't that, also I'll sacrifice my potion to the whatever this thing is."

Burt pours his healing potion into the basin, then quickly steps back from it.

The potions pours down the chute and disappears. Nothing happens.

After a few moments the door starts to shudder and slowly opens outwards. There's nothing inside besides a staircase going up.

((A sensible person would keep track of what they have so they can do this))

If Doctor Doak has enough ingredients (shichetta leaves and water), make a healing potion for Burt.

Doak borrows some leftover vine water from One Eye'd Jack and concocts a potion with his leaves.

Lost 1 Shichetta, gained 1 Small Potion of Healing, transferred to Burt's inventory.
:-(

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 15, 2020, 09:32:57 am »

Jack investigates the door mechanism looking for any gears, cogs, screws, or other clear actuation devices he can jam. (He does not want the door to shut.)

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 15, 2020, 09:37:50 am »

Jack investigates the door mechanism looking for any gears, cogs, screws, or other clear actuation devices he can jam. (He does not want the door to shut.)

The door doesn't appear to actually be connected to the wall. There are no visible hinges on it, or traces of wood or metal on the wall adjacent to the door. There's just a bit of recessed space in the wall where one end of the door would fit if it were to be closed.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 15, 2020, 10:10:13 am »

Jack looks at the mating indentation in the floor just between the now horizontal wooden surface and the stair.

He holds a hand up to stop people from entering.

Hold up-- I smells a rat.

Wasting only a moment of time to contemplate (very strongly) the wisdom of the action, he tugs on the knot holding the metal moron's bindings together, and gives it a yank.  The armored bufoon spins around like a top, and bangs against the wall making sounds of protest, followed by sounds of joy, while Jack collects the blanket.

Y'all stay right there till mama and me get back 'ere, ya'hear?! he intoned forcefully.
I don wanna have to waste 'nuther potion to get this gall-durn thing op'n again just a 'cause ya all a bunch a [plural expletives deleted]. Gimme a bit, and we'll keep this magical piece o [expletive deleted] from closin behin' us.

He knelt to the ground, and looked at the bear.
C'mon Mama, let's go get dirty!

And with that, the hobo takes the blanket, and disappears out the front door of the tower.

Walking past the goblin statue, he gives it an obscene hand gesture as he walks past, before disappearing around the edge of the wall.  Some 10 minutes or so later, he and mama bear both return, completely covered in mud from head to foot, dragging a very heavy makeshift "bag" filled with something clearly filthy, leaving muddy footprints and a trail of gooey mud behind them.

They drag it through the immaculately clean entry way, and to the door, then begin packing the recess with bits of dug up flint rock and cleachy mud, until instead of a recess, there is a clear (but easily stepped over) furrow of concreted rocks and muck in its place.

He looks very pleased with himself.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 10:17:25 am by wierd »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 15, 2020, 10:22:54 am »

Dixie scratches her cheek, glancing away from the last cup and towards the higher part of the tower.

"I think you won't have a tower left to guard at the end of this... So, when that time comes... You know, if you're bored or up to exploring... "

Dixie grabs the air and a throwing knife appears in her hand. She then stabs the table with it, making sure she went in deep enough that it wouldn't be able to fly back on its own.

"Set it free, and it'll lead you to me. Maybe tell me your name then."

Dixie then walks towards the gate for a bit, and then stops. She held a hand to the side and wiggled it, then revealed the marble she apparently stole, holding it with two fingers.

"Misdirection.' She then gently tosses the marble back to the goblin, and then finally heads through the gate and into the tower.

Heading inside, Dixie looks for any loose metals or gems scattered around while following Jack's mud trail.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 10:24:30 am by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 15, 2020, 10:34:50 am »

"That's very kind of you."

Lucy's voice trailed. He stood just out of sight behind the wall right next to the gate, casually taking a sip from his flask.

He walked in together with Dixie.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 15, 2020, 10:44:06 am »

!? Dixie was startled a bit, and then chuckled. "Quit popping out of everywhere, will you? Did you really wait for me?"

She extended her hand and let him grab it as they walk into the tower.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 15, 2020, 12:49:06 pm »

Dixie scratches her cheek, glancing away from the last cup and towards the higher part of the tower.

"I think you won't have a tower left to guard at the end of this... So, when that time comes... You know, if you're bored or up to exploring... "

Dixie grabs the air and a throwing knife appears in her hand. She then stabs the table with it, making sure she went in deep enough that it wouldn't be able to fly back on its own.

"Set it free, and it'll lead you to me. Maybe tell me your name then."

Dixie then walks towards the gate for a bit, and then stops. She held a hand to the side and wiggled it, then revealed the marble she apparently stole, holding it with two fingers.

"Misdirection.' She then gently tosses the marble back to the goblin, and then finally heads through the gate and into the tower.

The goblin stares at the marble Dixie tossed at him for a moment, before opening the last cup, an identical marble nestled like a pearl inside. He then tosses both to the air and goes back to napping.

Heading inside, Dixie looks for any loose metals or gems scattered around while following Jack's mud trail.

There are no stray gems or metals anywhere, they are firmly affixed to whichever surface they are adorning, whether floor, wall or ceiling, and don't look like they can be readily pried loose with any application of force.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 15, 2020, 06:58:50 pm »

Will Dixie's Daggers be enough to pry loose any of the gems? She tries.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 15, 2020, 07:12:19 pm »

!? Dixie was startled a bit, and then chuckled. "Quit popping out of everywhere, will you? Did you really wait for me?"

She extended her hand and let him grab it as they walk into the tower.
"Would you believe it if I tell you I'm only out for a walk?"

Lucy asked back, taking her hand. Whatever her answer, he only chuckled as per usual.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 15, 2020, 09:04:33 pm »

"All right is this all the preparations we need?" He asked.

"Okay I'm climbing up now, I don't know if this stairs have traps but we have come so far to turn back now." He faced at the stairs, "the only way left is up."

"Okay, wish me luck."

The ironclad slayer took the first step up on the stairs.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 142