Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dragslay.  (Read 2128 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Dragslay.
« on: February 25, 2018, 05:25:39 pm »

Is there anywhere we can get the last version of Dragslay? There was some discussion a long time ago about it in the Slaves to Armok forum, from which I've learned a bit about the game (the animal people were apparently alive and well even then!), but it'd be nice to play it.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Dragslay.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 06:09:22 pm »

If this is the Dragslay I'm thinking of then I'm pretty sure they won't release it. If you want something roguelike then I recommend playing Adventure Mode, Tangledeep, Clicker Heroes, or Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. There is a roguelike discord with plenty of other suggestions.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 08:15:42 pm »

If this is the Dragslay I'm thinking of then I'm pretty sure they won't release it.

Based on some prodding around, it's more like it doesn't exist in a compilable form anymore, unfortunately. Source would be fascinating too, just to see how structured the coding was prior to DF.

And the entire subboard is locked because of too many revivals of ancient threads? Which sounds kind of like something Yogi Berra would say. ("Nobody posts there anymore; threads keep getting necro'd.")
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 11:50:34 am »

I really would love if Toady could at least post old binaries of dragslay. I'm sure we could make it run in DOSBox or something similar. Also, yeah, a necro but didn't want to open entire new thread and add up to astonishing amount of Dragslay threads out there already.
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).