Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I need it!  (Read 1736 times)

Iherbir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I need it!
« on: January 24, 2020, 05:42:47 pm »

I need the steam version now! I mean, for real! My doctor said my life depend on it! I really need it! I already quit my job to play it! How much longer will it take?!?!?!

fdkajkfadkgbfdjsbdlknjfgsdfkgsldg...

*Dies of anxiety*

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I need it!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 05:49:50 pm »

Expect it to take a year more, as the deadline appears to be in about a year's time, so you'd better write your will (and I assume you can let Bay12 inherit your money) and get your papers in order...

The next release (Villains) is expected to appear before the end of this month, though, but that's NOT the Premium release (and it will probably take a number of patches before it's playable).

Iherbir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 11:19:24 pm »

Why? Why?! WHYYYYYY?!?!?!?!

Ok.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 03:19:12 am »

Why don't you just use the free version and a tileset? It's not like the Steam version is going to actually change anything dramatically.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 03:22:37 am by George_Chickens »
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 04:13:43 am »

And here I am, waiting for mythgen...
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 04:46:08 am »

Roll on Starting Scenarios!

FAA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 07:49:51 pm »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 01:23:22 am »

There is no such thing as "waiting" for DF - we mortal players merely exist alongside its creation.

Iherbir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2020, 04:52:42 pm »

Why don't you just use the free version and a tileset? It's not like the Steam version is going to actually change anything dramatically.

Dude, it's like christmas, you know... you just wait for it even if it january.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2020, 05:21:57 pm »

Dude, it's like christmas, you know... you just wait for it even if it january.
Still, Steam is kind of an odd thing for current players to be excited about when it comes to DF releases. No new features, a tileset (got one thanks), some music (got some thanks), a tutorial (can play thanks) and a whole bunch of new people (which is great, but how many times can the front page support "OMG. My outpost liaison is a goblin!!" threads...).

Most exciting thing is that villains and army improvement development can start up again.

(New graphics capabilities are exciting for tileset developers though).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 05:27:50 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2020, 06:59:11 pm »

Still, Steam is kind of an odd thing for current players to be excited about when it comes to DF releases. [...]

UI overhaul and quality of life improvements are long overdue.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2020, 09:58:04 pm »

Still, Steam is kind of an odd thing for current players to be excited about when it comes to DF releases. [...]

For attracting and retaining new players, absolutely.

But are regular, current, right now players of the game actually frothing at the mouth excited at the thought of mouse control and new keys?

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2020, 10:03:38 pm »

But are regular, current, right now players of the game actually frothing at the mouth excited at the thought of mouse control and new keys?
I'm not, but I play DF without tilesets or utilities, so I'm hardly representative of even longtime players. Still, I'm excited because it should give the game more exposure, make it more accessible to casual gamers, and give the Adams' clan some much-needed revenue.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2020, 10:11:44 pm »

I'm not, but I play DF without tilesets or utilities, so I'm hardly representative of even longtime players. Still, I'm excited because it should give the game more exposure, make it more accessible to casual gamers, and give the Adams' clan some much-needed revenue.
Yep, absolutely. Steam release will be fantastic for DF. I don't doubt that.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2020, 05:57:15 am »

Players have been wanting it for a long time.

Of interest to me in particular.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?