Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.01 Released  (Read 101385 times)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.01 Released
« Reply #195 on: February 02, 2020, 02:14:32 pm »

Hi, Strange bug, depending of my cursor position the current level (top right) change.  ???

I think the top right cursor covers the number of Z-levels you are above or below the ground, so that's position dependent. Bottom-right uses an objective system.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #196 on: February 02, 2020, 03:49:08 pm »

I've gotten a similar crash-on-embark issue and decided to do a little testing.  I put together a lightly modded entity with a fairly simple two-caste creature and was able to embark. 
Testing some more now, and adding gloomy male, gloomy female, warrior male, warrior female castes back causes embark crash.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 04:08:46 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 02, 2020, 06:30:10 pm »

I've gotten a similar crash-on-embark issue and decided to do a little testing.  I put together a lightly modded entity with a fairly simple two-caste creature and was able to embark. 
Testing some more now, and adding gloomy male, gloomy female, warrior male, warrior female castes back causes embark crash.

I dont mean to be rude but probably risk doing so anyway, but why is this discussion about OldGenesis modded entities happening here if it doesnt particularly draw any objective points about the causes that may apply to the broader experience? Couldnt these posts be moved to the modding forum and come back when some more research is done?
  • Like for instance, notably goblin dark towers had restrictions around the [CHAT_WORTY] token being virtually impossible to attach to a custom position without a crash if they weren't the master/lawgiver with no error message feedback, and other responsibilities like druid's [RESPONSIBILITY:RELIGION] on custom positions outside of elves also causing crashes on 44.xx
This thread has kind of become a bit of a unstable derail from 47.01 and more of a generalised sounding board that's getting a bit heated.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 06:32:30 pm by FantasticDorf »

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #198 on: February 02, 2020, 06:40:21 pm »

My latest test was to give each of the 15 castes a different set of three natural skills - including at least one military and at least one civilian skill for each.  This got the crash on embark.  Maybe it's caused by trying to account for natural skills when putting together the founding party?

(This embark crash seems to be a new bug in 47.01.  It's certainly not limited to OldGenesis, and applies to entity modding in general.  I'm discussing my testing here because the subject had already come up, so I wanted to refine the cause if I could.)

EDIT: Switched back to my original two-caste testing creature.  I gave them NATURAL_SKILL:FORGE_WEAPON:2 and FORGE_ARMOR - got a crash upon hitting embark.  Took it back out and was able to embark without problems.  As best I can tell, this is what's triggering the crash.

EDIT 2: Added natural smithing skill to vanilla dwarves, with no other changes to creature or entity.  Crash on embark.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 07:26:08 pm by Demonic Gophers »
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #199 on: February 02, 2020, 07:52:06 pm »

Found impossible to enter mead-hall, it put the doors on top of it for some reason and i cant enter them.

There was also a town where all the signs were buried.

New map gen bug i think.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 02, 2020, 08:11:16 pm »

Talking of sites, now that we can pick our sites and starting in a Tower will be a regular occurrence. Can we spawn somewhere other than on an outside ledge? Towers are really hard to grip and being able to play a game basically involves jumping off and hoping you're not too high.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2020, 09:45:04 pm »

EDIT: Switched back to my original two-caste testing creature.  I gave them NATURAL_SKILL:FORGE_WEAPON:2 and FORGE_ARMOR - got a crash upon hitting embark.  Took it back out and was able to embark without problems.  As best I can tell, this is what's triggering the crash.
EDIT 2: Added natural smithing skill to vanilla dwarves, with no other changes to creature or entity.  Crash on embark.
Many thanks! I took my modded dwarf creature from OldGenesis 44.12, which always crashed 47.01 on pressing embark,
and search-replaced every NATURAL_SKILL away. This fixed the embark-crash. I've spent like 3-4 hours on this embarkcrash problem so far.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #202 on: February 03, 2020, 05:11:54 am »

Many thanks! I took my modded dwarf creature from OldGenesis 44.12, which always crashed 47.01 on pressing embark,
and search-replaced every NATURAL_SKILL away. This fixed the embark-crash. I've spent like 3-4 hours on this embarkcrash problem so far.
That's weird tho - I just started with a race that has innate discipline skill and there wasnt a crash. Is it selective in what skills cause crashes?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 03, 2020, 05:49:05 am »

These natural_skill lines did not cause an embark-crash for me:
mining, smelting, masonry, the four metalworking skills, they're suspect. Maybe some adventurer-unretire crash is related to gained skill levels.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 03, 2020, 06:43:50 am »

Not sure if this is a repeatable bug, or a one off problem, but it seems as though being transformed into a creature can glitch the weight of your equipment. My copper buckler and scimitar weight eleven and two Urists, respectively. But picking up the scimitar slows me about as much as being in full armour, and the buckler slows me about as much as picking up an elephant corpse.

I had picked up the weapons and strapped them to my body, if it helps, and I was transformed into a giant bark scorpion. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

[EDIT] It appears to have no correlation with weight. Random items, even cloaks weighing under one Urist, are lowering my speed DRAMATICALLY despite only wearing my starting equipment. Very weird, will upload the save later.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 07:09:21 am by George_Chickens »
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 04, 2020, 03:37:00 am »

Bug fixes are coming in, great. Safe flying pets and pettable pets for snake people. Cool.

Just occured to me, if babies think their mothers are mounts and take over their minds. Will the same happen to adventurers retired at fortresses who have little pets? I imagine a fair few adventurers have cute hamsters and parrots on their shoulders. Do they turn on their masters in Fort mode? Science is required.

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 04, 2020, 04:38:50 am »

I imagine a fair few adventurers have cute hamsters and parrots on their shoulders. Do they turn on their masters in Fort mode? Science is required.
Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo? ;)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 04, 2020, 04:49:43 am »

A den of STINKING evil! Cover your nose Boo, we will leave no crevice UNTOUCHED!
Love, scriver~

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 04, 2020, 08:18:00 am »

Does the Dungeon Master noble do anything yet (I know the tags it has, I mean in actual game terms)? Dog training at least doesn't require one.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 04, 2020, 09:39:35 am »

Does the Dungeon Master noble do anything yet (I know the tags it has, I mean in actual game terms)? Dog training at least doesn't require one.

No, i dont think it has any affectual meaning towards the screen for domesticated familiarity either, since them being present for the mayor does imply they might have a use in later progression for the game on-site. Better off asking Toady what he plans to do with it or waiting within the next few versions - steam version to see what was added.
  • I would also check if candidacy has any skill recommendations like animal trainer more preferable than others relating to role on the nobles screen. I can't find any references for them in legends mode if they do commit to similar taming trips on military strategist's behalf.
v28.~xx~'ish the dungeon master was a nessecity to tame exotic animals and had additional requirements of chains in their rooms, right now its just titular only (unless its bugged, like peace deals over artifacts that never really seemed to happen on 44.12)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16