Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.01 Released  (Read 100930 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.01 Released
« Reply #210 on: February 04, 2020, 10:32:19 am »

Does the Dungeon Master noble do anything yet (I know the tags it has, I mean in actual game terms)? Dog training at least doesn't require one.

No, i dont think it has any affectual meaning towards the screen for domesticated familiarity either, since them being present for the mayor does imply they might have a use in later progression for the game on-site. Better off asking Toady what he plans to do with it or waiting within the next few versions - steam version to see what was added.
  • I would also check if candidacy has any skill recommendations like animal trainer more preferable than others relating to role on the nobles screen. I can't find any references for them in legends mode if they do commit to similar taming trips on military strategist's behalf.
v28.~xx~'ish the dungeon master was a nessecity to tame exotic animals and had additional requirements of chains in their rooms, right now its just titular only (unless its bugged, like peace deals over artifacts that never really seemed to happen on 44.12)

They are just there for worldgen scheeming. I think. They have the espionage responsibility.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #211 on: February 04, 2020, 10:35:48 am »

The changes.txt says explicitly that the new responsibilities don't do anything yet... but they get responsibility:espionage, so I guess they're going to be necessary for spy activity from your fort :p
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #212 on: February 04, 2020, 10:50:21 am »

Update, cannot sleep in fort or monestrary even after asking permission. Toady its a very annoying bug/feature/whatever it is plz fix. It reminds me of the old fort bug where you couldn't sleep in them (and i think you cant sleep in those anymore either)
I am an indie game dev!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 04, 2020, 12:25:22 pm »

The changes.txt says explicitly that the new responsibilities don't do anything yet... but they get responsibility:espionage, so I guess they're going to be necessary for spy activity from your fort :p
*Most* don't do anything yet per the changes file. I haven't tested it yet, but ESPIONAGE may have a fortress mode function, and probably a world gen function.

new position responsibilities -- most of these don't do anything yet, but they are linked to the new entity positions
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #214 on: February 04, 2020, 12:30:07 pm »

*Most* don't do anything yet per the changes file. I haven't tested it yet, but ESPIONAGE may have a fortress mode function, and probably a world gen function.

new position responsibilities -- most of these don't do anything yet, but they are linked to the new entity positions

Pretty sure espionage does have some function in worldgen. Tarn has talked at length about this stuff.
I am an indie game dev!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 04, 2020, 05:09:11 pm »

Code: (file changes.txt) [Select]
elf princess gets [RESPONSIBILITY:ESPIONAGE]
The elven princess is a spy!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 04, 2020, 08:26:36 pm »

Oh, my mistake, seems like there is a little variety in night creature adventurers. I finally got one, a demon of the night, with something on the appearance screen. "He is Muscular". Randomize will give me this or nothing at all. Yay options!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #217 on: February 04, 2020, 09:30:46 pm »

So you can go and get the powers of multiple secrets now [IT_REQUIRES:MORTAL] must be failing to check properly

I am an indie game dev!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 05, 2020, 02:27:04 am »

Hello.
I have found something weird in adventure mode, which seems to be a combination of several factors.

A) You can not see sneaking allies. (But they can see you, as evidenced by the fact that they can follow you.)
B) In adventure mode, the AI does not change sneak status.
C) When you start sneaking on a mount it is the mount that sneaks, not you.

This combines into mounts seeming to disappear, when one dismounts them while sneaking. They still exist, can mounted and lead and other creatures can attack them, but they can not be targetted by the player (with "A"ttack, or "l"ook). It can be fixed by player by either mounting them again and making them exit sneak mode, or fast traveling at least one map tile and exiting fast travel again.

I suggest making sneaking mounts exit sneak mode when a creature dismounts them.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #219 on: February 05, 2020, 10:28:33 am »

Hello.
I have found something weird in adventure mode, which seems to be a combination of several factors.

A) You can not see sneaking allies. (But they can see you, as evidenced by the fact that they can follow you.)

This combines into mounts seeming to disappear, when one dismounts them while sneaking. They still exist, can mounted and lead and other creatures can attack them, but they can not be targetted by the player (with "A"ttack, or "l"ook). It can be fixed by player by either mounting them again and making them exit sneak mode, or fast traveling at least one map tile and exiting fast travel again.

I suggest making sneaking mounts exit sneak mode when a creature dismounts them.

Have you considered putting alot of points into observer and see if that allows you to see them. I dunno if the allies disappearing whilst sneaking thing should count as a bug since they are, in fact, sneaking and that does, in fact, hide them. I imagine if you go into sneak then tab to an allie they can't see you.

Them being able to "see you" as evidenced by following is probably more a bug in the follow AI . Maybe it permanently follows no matter what status. But they should definitely stop sneaking when you do.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 10:33:37 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 05, 2020, 12:26:23 pm »

Hello.

Have you considered putting alot of points into observer and see if that allows you to see them. I dunno if the allies disappearing whilst sneaking thing should count as a bug since they are, in fact, sneaking and that does, in fact, hide them. I imagine if you go into sneak then tab to an allie they can't see you.

Them being able to "see you" as evidenced by following is probably more a bug in the follow AI . Maybe it permanently follows no matter what status. But they should definitely stop sneaking when you do.

I have. It did not make a difference. Max level observer (Grand master) was still not able to see a sneaking horse.
But I may have been mistaken about AI toggling sneak mode. I was tracking a human and from time to time his tracks ended. Each time, he appeared some time later near where his tracks ended and started running again.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 12:28:47 pm by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 05, 2020, 02:21:31 pm »

An update regarding the Dark Fortress position crash - in addition to the already documented example of having variable and raw-defined positions in the same entity causing a crash, it appears that having any LAND_HOLDER positions at all in a dark fortress entity also causes a crash. If there isn't a bug report when I next get on Mantis, I'll create one then.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 05, 2020, 02:29:17 pm »

Some minor issues that may or may not be intended that I have noticed.
(All in fort mode)
1. Lots of the new undead showing up in my fort. Everyone of them acts friendly but is trying to steal artifacts. These guys have really bad disguises to the point that its probably a bug. Stuff like “grim slayer” etc. These guys are a light blue n the with umlat. Once they serve their prison sentence the get put in a cage and deposited in the animal stockpile, which may or may not be intended. I also had a bright red capital H come once. It routed through doors but went into a side room to specifically destroy a farmers workshop. I thought it was strange it didn’t break the doors. (Killed it before it could do anything else.)

2. Loyalty cascades still occur. Had one when a criminal beating turned deadly.

3. Lastly the elves keep trading me grown metal pedestals and other items.

If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 05, 2020, 03:06:13 pm »

Some minor issues that may or may not be intended that I have noticed.
(All in fort mode)
1. Lots of the new undead showing up in my fort. Everyone of them acts friendly but is trying to steal artifacts. These guys have really bad disguises to the point that its probably a bug. Stuff like “grim slayer” etc. These guys are a light blue n the with umlat. Once they serve their prison sentence the get put in a cage and deposited in the animal stockpile, which may or may not be intended. I also had a bright red capital H come once. It routed through doors but went into a side room to specifically destroy a farmers workshop. I thought it was strange it didn’t break the doors. (Killed it before it could do anything else.)

2. Loyalty cascades still occur. Had one when a criminal beating turned deadly.

Those cyan folks are resurrected beings which means historically they died and got revived and pretty much got free will. the kicker is they pretty much friendly outside of trying to steal stuff like the other folks that probably come to the site. the H folks are hybrid experiments of the necromancers... or young horses.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 05, 2020, 04:46:21 pm »

:

The odd "grown stuff" elven trade bug isn't new. It's been in the game for a long time, and should be on the bug tracker.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16