Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.01 Released  (Read 100919 times)

johantux

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.01 Released
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2020, 12:31:22 pm »

If you are a Linux user and you are receiving an error similar to the following, try removing the file libstdc++.so.6  file from your DWARF_FORTRESS libs subfolder (Not your system's library  ;) )

./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /home/johan/games/df/df_linux-47_01/libs/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLU.so.1)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /home/johan/games/df/df_linux-47_01/libs/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLU.so.1)

I post this because each time i install DF on a new system, I spend 30 minutes troubleshooting this before I facepalm myself for not remembering this fix from last time.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2020, 01:02:06 pm »

Looks like cave adaptation bug is back with vengeance. Some of the started seven are cave adapted on start.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2020, 01:07:59 pm »

Looks like cave adaptation bug is back with vengeance. Some of the started seven are cave adapted on start.
Can confirm.

Also, Dwarven Civs seem to breach the Fun and found Goblin Civs near-constantly. After 250 Years, You’re lucky if each Dwarven Civ has only summoned 2 Clowns each. It feels like the kind of thing that should be rare, that should shatter the Earth, that should change the face of the globe forever, but instead, the number of Goblin Civs is equal to the number of all the other Civs combined, Kobolds included.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2020, 01:15:17 pm »

Can confirm.

Also, Dwarven Civs seem to breach the Fun and found Goblin Civs near-constantly. After 250 Years, You’re lucky if each Dwarven Civ has only summoned 2 Clowns each. It feels like the kind of thing that should be rare, that should shatter the Earth, that should change the face of the globe forever, but instead, the number of Goblin Civs is equal to the number of all the other Civs combined, Kobolds included.

Eh im okay with there existing multiple morias in one world. Does breeching the fun in fort mode also result in new gobbo civs?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 01:16:49 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2020, 01:41:09 pm »

These interactions are looking neat. Fun modding ahead!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2020, 02:06:51 pm »

Can confirm.

Eh im okay with there existing multiple morias in one world. Does breeching the fun in fort mode also result in new gobbo civs?
Multiple Morias is fine, more Morias than there Countries on the Planet is pushing it a bit.

As for thing 2, I don’t know, but I intend to find out.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2020, 02:32:44 pm »

When choosing a profession in adventure mode, you get a set amount of skill levels, and can increase these even further by adding skill points. However, the levels still cost as much, just with your starting point shifted. Also, there is no max skill limit, so now I'm leaving my village as a Legendary +11 cheesemaker.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2020, 04:10:45 pm »

I assume Alliances were meant to be a counter to the influx of new goblin civs? Perhaps balance is a little out (very rng based though, I haven't seen any total goblin takeover worlds yet - making medium regions of 200-300 years mainly).

Or perhaps it's because anyone seems to be able to breach the HFS (my human civ did, I assume they just need a fortress site to manage it). Which potentially means goblins are breaching the HFS themselves from the sites they take over in the initial invasion. Might be a bit much?

---
Oh, how do we get at the religion and criminal network maps? That's a thing now, isn't it?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 04:39:44 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2020, 04:49:43 pm »

Quick test: Previous parameters with the new values added in no longer generate same geography and cause rejections, this might be unintentional. Also, these parameters segfault on year 138X (1 rejection on gen with standard linux download): https://pastebin.com/zrYgKzny (Expected year 2 image)

Where X varies, seemingly ranging from 0 to 7 in several tests so far.

Going by errlog, it's another case of silent mountain, but might be useful for end date/geography/inconsistent wg change.

E: Thought this wasn't supposed to happen?:
||

(Unknown parentage; initially settled in a good region before joining the tavern as their second action ever after being born.)

E3: Oh I see - they keep their original idendity, but get "fallen zombie" like "ghostly fisherdwarf".

E2: missing "with" between "brawl" and "the":

||

« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 07:22:20 pm by Fleeting Frames »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2020, 05:02:22 pm »

Ok saw what the bogeyman special power was,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

so far realized the adventure mode party stuff is tied to the ones you made at the start of the session and not your entire companion party. shame you can't just be 'Tilat of the Corn' and just assimilate folks into a collective.
other than that this update seems alot of fun Modding wise on an entity modding level.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2020, 05:46:45 pm »

Hurrah! Praise Toady One!

Edit: My quick-and-dirty summary of RAWS changes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 06:55:45 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2020, 05:56:16 pm »

Making a world now. Maxed out civilization numbers, site numbers and put it to the 550 year mark. Gonna see if my current laptop can handle that (it's pretty bad) just to see what this new update can do. Very hyped!

I kind of did that... after (as usual) running into the worldgen failure 86ing issue (more like 89ing), I paused the worldgen at year 316.

My. God.

It seems like a lot of dwarven fortresses "too deep" themselves and ended up being contested between Humans, Elves, Goblins, and necromancers in the aftermath. And I didn't go max sites. Literally, even. Actually, this is killing dwarven civilisations*.

*Based on anecdotal evidence, i.e. the one gen I did on a medium world...

Hmm... are gorlacks founding monasteries intended? Just asked some monk about a monstery we was in, and he told me that it was founded by gorlack. With mountains trying to make music...

Not sure about whether this is *intended*... but is a logical consequence of gorlacks being [INTELLIGENT]. Also Gorlaks apparently are liked by dwarves for their "helpful".

Also I think the error about mountains making music is a case of [ENTITY:MOUNTAIN] (i.e. dwarves) making a musical style.

Questions I have for now are:

1) Can I directly import a save from 44.12 to this version?
2) Anybody been having save file corruption issues? No issues on my end (yet), but this is the one thing where fixing it results in save game incompatibility...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 06:12:00 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2020, 06:23:47 pm »

When a dwarf gives birth to a baby, the baby turns the mother into its mount and rides the mother around like a horse, and the mother eventually dies of thirst, unable to escape the existence of horse.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2020, 06:32:09 pm »

When a dwarf gives birth to a baby, the baby turns the mother into its mount and rides the mother around like a horse, and the mother eventually dies of thirst, unable to escape the existence of horse.
Revenge for being used as a shield for all these years.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2020, 07:00:10 pm »

1) Can I directly import a save from 44.12 to this version?
2) Anybody been having save file corruption issues? No issues on my end (yet), but this is the one thing where fixing it results in save game incompatibility...
Importing the raws changes to OldGenesis now, I would say "no way, it will surely crash".
Well, didn't crash when ran a little of 44.12 fort save...
Did crash on trying to embark on an "old raws, let us make a world" world.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16