Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.01 Released  (Read 100817 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.01 Released
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2020, 07:47:33 pm »

I am finally home, and df has crashed every time ive tried to generate a world so far. So. :(
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2020, 07:49:59 pm »

I am finally home, and df has crashed every time ive tried to generate a world so far. So.
Wow. Post those seeds!
I've been generating 250 year medium regions and 500 year small regions for a while now and only found one crash.
Anything in the errorlog? (Those damn mountains trying to build instruments again?)

Do you know how we can get at the criminal network and religion spread maps, by the way? Or was that just something for Toady to play with.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2020, 07:50:36 pm »

I am finally home, and df has crashed every time ive tried to generate a world so far. So. :(
I was able to roll a world and start adventuring, Windows 64 bit AND OldGenesis major mod. Fort mode embark crashes every time.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2020, 07:54:04 pm »

I was able to roll a world and start adventuring, Windows 64 bit AND OldGenesis major mod. Fort mode embark crashes every time.

Im on 64 bit aswell.
I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2020, 07:54:38 pm »

I am finally home, and df has crashed every time ive tried to generate a world so far. So.
Wow. Post those seeds!
I've been generating 250 year medium regions and 500 year small regions for a while now and only found one crash.
Anything in the errorlog? (Those damn mountains trying to build instruments again?)

Do you know how we can get at the criminal network and religion spread maps, by the way? Or was that just something for Toady to play with.
I like making large worlds. I didnt have any issues with 1000-3000 year old large world gens in the previous version after the bug fixes, crashed on first couple versions aswell until bug fixes all came through.

The MOUNTAIN error is when dwarf civilizations try to generate instruments, Mountain is just their ID essentially.

Impoverished world selector in error log.
Also heres two of the failed worlds:
Generating world using parameter set CREATE WORLD NOW = 5555535
 Seed: 3PYYXQQSGSZBbX5Pv2jk
 History Seed: BGIBswLKiR9ETG3UH7da
 Name Seed: rlIH7G5FVWbUyzvv5dVM
 Creature Seed: SnuU4ASaYoq3kpO48xDq
*** STARTING NEW GAME ***
Generating world using parameter set CREATE WORLD NOW = 5455545
 Seed: prCWXmaQCG7R11b1jWV4
 History Seed: hySpgUDSYBvKJ45o1v1m
 Name Seed: 7DifhcVdvqzM0NvX1BXK
 Creature Seed: EhGEAq8suUeRYzW8AbrG
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 08:06:58 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2020, 08:07:02 pm »

Some Historical figures in Legend mode have the possibility to export a network map (with 'd') now. I think this is new and I have no clue what they show, though. Maybe that's related.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2020, 08:48:38 pm »

Anyone figured out how to use Altars yet? I have built a couple of those items but no idea how to place them.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2020, 09:12:56 pm »

Wow. Post those seeds!

I like making large worlds. I didnt have any issues with 1000-3000 year old large world gens in the previous version after the bug fixes, crashed on first couple versions aswell until bug fixes all came through.

The MOUNTAIN error is when dwarf civilizations try to generate instruments, Mountain is just their ID essentially.

Impoverished world selector in error log.
Also heres two of the failed worlds:
Generating world using parameter set CREATE WORLD NOW = 5555535
 Seed: 3PYYXQQSGSZBbX5Pv2jk
 History Seed: BGIBswLKiR9ETG3UH7da
 Name Seed: rlIH7G5FVWbUyzvv5dVM
 Creature Seed: SnuU4ASaYoq3kpO48xDq
*** STARTING NEW GAME ***
Generating world using parameter set CREATE WORLD NOW = 5455545
 Seed: prCWXmaQCG7R11b1jWV4
 History Seed: hySpgUDSYBvKJ45o1v1m
 Name Seed: 7DifhcVdvqzM0NvX1BXK
 Creature Seed: EhGEAq8suUeRYzW8AbrG

WOO got another crash, this time on a medium world, not sure what year it was
Generating world using parameter set CREATE WORLD NOW = 4535535
 Seed: WOacmSgOUUgMeM8yugeW
 History Seed: 2q6Iec0A2EIqkguysMsm
 Name Seed: EigYWcyW8KmaGAGoIqAM
 Creature Seed: 0QMYu2iWyWCW08GsYkQa

Probably 700 or so? Or way later, no clue i wasnt paying close attention. You folks need to push world gen harder i have gotten a crash every time.

Created mantis ticket,
https://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11240
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 09:49:13 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2020, 09:13:44 pm »

When a dwarf gives birth to a baby, the baby turns the mother into its mount and rides the mother around like a horse, and the mother eventually dies of thirst, unable to escape the existence of horse.

So DF managed to accidentally mimic the "lead a horse to water" proverb? An early contender for this versions iconic bug.

Doorkeeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2020, 09:16:44 pm »

Some Historical figures in Legend mode have the possibility to export a network map (with 'd') now. I think this is new and I have no clue what they show, though. Maybe that's related.

You got it, those are the network maps Shonai is referring to. Religions in the Civilizations and Other Entities tab have this option too for the religion maps.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2020, 09:46:23 pm »

You got it, those are the network maps Shonai is referring to. Religions in the Civilizations and Other Entities tab have this option too for the religion maps.
Ah, I see it now, in the actual list, not on the religion/criminal's own page. Great.

That actually makes it easier to spot the actual religions and criminals now in the big list.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 09:49:48 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2020, 10:46:16 pm »

Thank you so much! I can't wait to set up proper guilds.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2020, 11:08:44 pm »

I dont see any option to "intimidate" in theconversation options. Only flatter , tell joke, and calm the listener.

In the mean time,
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175455.0

The new human forts are pretty neat, i found one with a cafeteria, barracks, and a keep.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 11:42:30 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2020, 11:26:06 pm »

Was there mention of tweaks to pantheons that I missed? Specifically their size. I tend to do repetitive advanced worldgens for lots of things. One of them is a search for a set of gods that I like which makes the (-much-) bigger pantheons in this version very noticeable to me.

Here's an example from my current gen.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's 64 gods if I counted correctly (human civ has 23). On one hand this Ancient Greek god level is pretty cool, but it could complicate religious needs in fortmode if that wasn't considered when/if it was tweaked. I'm curious whether I missed a devlog entry about it. I imagine it could be so that death gods are more common (one of the reasons I constantly regen my small-world 5-civ maps) so that necromancer content is more likely to arise, but that's just speculation on my part.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2020, 11:32:24 pm »

Was there mention of tweaks to pantheons that I missed? Specifically their size. I tend to do repetitive advanced worldgens for lots of things. One of them is a search for a set of gods that I like which makes the (-much-) bigger pantheons in this version very noticeable to me.

Here's an example from my current gen.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's 64 gods if I counted correctly (human civ has 23). On one hand this Ancient Greek god level is pretty cool, but it could complicate religious needs in fortmode if that wasn't considered when/if it was tweaked. I'm curious whether I missed a devlog entry about it. I imagine it could be so that death gods are more common (one of the reasons I constantly regen my small-world 5-civ maps) so that necromancer content is more likely to arise, but that's just speculation on my part.
Organized religion was added, so it's probably Ok. You'll get a large bunch of Dwarves with the same God to worship (hopefully).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16