Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.01 Released  (Read 98549 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.01 Released
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2020, 09:57:37 am »

Furthermore, i have found mushroom man serving as executioner for a baron. This all is rather abnormal.

They can join civilization so I don’t see why they can’t be an executioner.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2020, 10:00:18 am »

Altars are confusing me a bit, i thought they would be larger placable bits of furniture like they're commonly referred to in Europe, but it seems to be more of a collection dish going from in-game description.

Also funnily enough, i have a dwarf that has a very colorful screen of attributed relationships as my first migrant. 4 children, romantically involved, 3 5 gods and 1 elven force of nature to worship (Enure). yeah. i think its bugged just a tiny bit. Ill put a report up once my fortress is settled.

Many religions use collection dishes and such as altars with worship eg burning incense in the dish etc. so it seems pretty kosher.
I am an indie game dev!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2020, 10:02:16 am »

Fortress is 3x7 towers, but there is this weird tile on the map. Seemingly nothing is actually there. Can it be something underground?

They added new structures such as castles so that could be one of those. Things just become abandoned sometimes. Mine statues too though they weren’t mentioned in the change log he mentioned them in FOTF and in the dev log.
I know about the castle, i don't know about that weird tile on the bottom-left.  :P

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2020, 10:02:55 am »

Altars are confusing me a bit, i thought they would be larger placable bits of furniture like they're commonly referred to in Europe, but it seems to be more of a collection dish going from in-game description.

Also funnily enough, i have a dwarf that has a very colorful screen of attributed relationships as my first migrant. 4 children, romantically involved, 3 5 gods and 1 elven force of nature to worship (Enure). yeah. i think its bugged just a tiny bit. Ill put a report up once my fortress is settled.

The multitude of gods I believe is an old bug. Currently children simply inherit all of their parents' objects of worship; thus historical figures with families that go way back sooner or later amass long lists of gods they believe in.
Perhaps remarrying (and infildelity) makes intercultural children more common? That would explain the force being among the gods.

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2020, 10:03:37 am »

Making a world now. Maxed out civilization numbers, site numbers and put it to the 550 year mark. Gonna see if my current laptop can handle that (it's pretty bad) just to see what this new update can do. Very hyped!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2020, 10:07:41 am »

Fortress is 3x7 towers, but there is this weird tile on the map. Seemingly nothing is actually there. Can it be something underground?

They added new structures such as castles so that could be one of those. Things just become abandoned sometimes. Mine statues too though they weren’t mentioned in the change log he mentioned them in FOTF and in the dev log.
I know about the castle, i don't know about that weird tile on the bottom-left.  :P

Oh that. I’ve seen random towers around towns or on their outskirts/other places before even in the previous version. Usually the goblins will build them if they conquer a site and then even if they are later re-conquered the towers will be there as essentially little ruins. So I think that’s intended. Though it would be nice if the new town owners would actually use them. Maybe it also happens when other site are conquered by goblins eg a monestary briefly owned by goblins.
I am an indie game dev!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2020, 10:10:48 am »

Equipment screen at adventure mode start sorely needs saving\loading templates. Probably putting what is required by adventurers on top of the list too.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 10:18:12 am by MCreeper »

TeaAndRum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2020, 10:21:37 am »

Awesome! Building a fortress now.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2020, 10:45:58 am »

I was looking for my missing pets, got attacked by a band of bandits, they stole everything I had and crippled me. Dog and eagle yet not found.

edit: it seems the experimented night creatures can be assimilated by civs . It is intended?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 11:34:26 am by thvaz »

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2020, 11:34:06 am »

I was looking for my missing pets, got attacked by a band of bandits, they stole everything I had and crippled me. Dog and eagle yet not found.
Did you find them? I had a similar issue, looks like pets can permanently disappear if left offscreen
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2020, 11:37:23 am »

Did you find them? I had a similar issue, looks like pets can permanently disappear if left offscreen

Are the pets not considered hist figs? I don't see why they would just disappear they would be somewhere, maybe check the hoome town of your adventurer. In df things dont really "just dissappear"
I am an indie game dev!

Doorkeeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2020, 11:39:04 am »

Thanks Toady and ThreeToe.

The files df_47_01_legacy.zip and df_47_01_legacy_s.zip are missing on the download page.

Update: found the two files, they were under slightly different names: df_47_01_legacy64.zip and df_47_01_legacy64_s.zip. The links on the Older Versions page are still incorrect.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 06:05:00 pm by Doorkeeper »

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2020, 11:39:59 am »

edit: it seems the experimented night creatures can be assimilated by civs . It is intended?

Yeah its intended it was mentioned in one of the dev logs. :

08/01/2019
Toady One
August's report. The Future of the Fortress: part 1, part 2.

As we finished off the month, which is mostly an administrative period, there was also a last bit of tangentry and excitement over in necro and demon land. Summons were expanded to include larger nightmarish beings. They last for a short time and can't be called often, but they are trouble. Raising intelligent undead was expanded to include ghosts. These can act as plotters and agents (you can put them down with their names, and likely that'll also come up when we get to interrogating them about their role in plots.) Both of these should also contribute to fun in the fort when we arrive at that part.

Finally, certain necromancers and certain demons can also magically experiment on or otherwise corruptly transform the citizens and livestock of cities that they capture. This leads to a variety of humanoids and quadrupeds and others (like little failed experiment winged blobs), some of which can escape into the wilderness and perhaps even rarely reintegrate into society (and thereby possibly become playable in adv mode and available as fort travelers and migrants.) Collections of citizens can also be amalgamated into monstrous giants.

The creature description includes the conditions under which the creature first appeared, and their creature name often includes the name of the necromancer or demon (e.g. humanoids called Tura's hands), and they are uncommon enough that I think it's a relatively safe step in terms of exposition and potential confusion. That is, while elves, goblins, animal people, etc. are easy enough for most players to parse, along with the occasional forgotten beast, we were worried about throwing tons of procedural beings in before myth generation can cohere them. With the experiments though, despite being random, they still occupy a controlled position that seems to work in the contexts where they appear.

I think the tangents are finally out of my system now, for the time being, and we can get these maps done at long last. These new additions have been very good for the villain theme, though, and it'll be wholesome to see them out in the worlds.
I am an indie game dev!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2020, 12:01:54 pm »

Yeah its intended it was mentioned in one of the dev logs. :

08/01/2019
Toady One
August's report. The Future of the Fortress: part 1, part 2.

As we finished off the month, which is mostly an administrative period, there was also a last bit of tangentry and excitement over in necro and demon land. Summons were expanded to include larger nightmarish beings. They last for a short time and can't be called often, but they are trouble. Raising intelligent undead was expanded to include ghosts. These can act as plotters and agents (you can put them down with their names, and likely that'll also come up when we get to interrogating them about their role in plots.) Both of these should also contribute to fun in the fort when we arrive at that part.

Finally, certain necromancers and certain demons can also magically experiment on or otherwise corruptly transform the citizens and livestock of cities that they capture. This leads to a variety of humanoids and quadrupeds and others (like little failed experiment winged blobs), some of which can escape into the wilderness and perhaps even rarely reintegrate into society (and thereby possibly become playable in adv mode and available as fort travelers and migrants.) Collections of citizens can also be amalgamated into monstrous giants.

The creature description includes the conditions under which the creature first appeared, and their creature name often includes the name of the necromancer or demon (e.g. humanoids called Tura's hands), and they are uncommon enough that I think it's a relatively safe step in terms of exposition and potential confusion. That is, while elves, goblins, animal people, etc. are easy enough for most players to parse, along with the occasional forgotten beast, we were worried about throwing tons of procedural beings in before myth generation can cohere them. With the experiments though, despite being random, they still occupy a controlled position that seems to work in the contexts where they appear.

I think the tangents are finally out of my system now, for the time being, and we can get these maps done at long last. These new additions have been very good for the villain theme, though, and it'll be wholesome to see them out in the worlds.

It is anything but rare then. I am just passing by and saw a lot of different ones.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2020, 12:27:34 pm »

Do i just post errorlog.txt when i get crash in worldgen?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 12:31:31 pm by MCreeper »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16