Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.01 Released  (Read 98546 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.01 Released
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2020, 11:34:37 pm »

I think my crashed worldgen may not have been caused by the "MOUNTAIN trying to generate instruments" error. My last couple of worldgens have produced a similar error (PLAINS trying to generate musical instrument form without speech or instruments) but with no crash.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2020, 11:41:40 pm »

I think my crashed worldgen may not have been caused by the "MOUNTAIN trying to generate instruments" error. My last couple of worldgens have produced a similar error (PLAINS trying to generate musical instrument form without speech or instruments) but with no crash.

I didnt see that error in any of my crashing worlds so. Probably same error im getting friendo.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2020, 12:07:50 am »

New bug, experiments are all very cordial and friendly even though theres also zombies who are aggressive to me around the experiments are all friendly and conversational in this necromancer tower complex.

These experiments in a tower complex all seem very friendly. They arent attacking me at all.

Also as a side note, The necromancer sites are cool looking now. This one has a bunch of little pyramids filled with undead and experiments.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2020, 12:17:13 am »

Quote from: FantasticDorf
One last question burned into the back of my mind from reading through, is the position-responsibility of MAINTAIN_TUNNELS responsible for creating new ones? (eitherway im probably going to be pre-occupying myself trying to find this out anyway under some test conditions as well as checking out the other new stuff.)

Ah, all those new positions pretty much don't do anything (the spy one does.)  Hopefully they will matter at some distant future point, but we just needed some intermediate people for now.

Quote from: Vordak
Would like to look a full list of new intermediate positions.
These intermediate positions can have own tile graphics? Or for they all like at necromancers - profession based tile?

Hmm, looks like you'd need to use the tokens CUSTOM_OFFICIAL_# currently.  I did not give them good-sounding names.
# 0 = chancellor, 1 = justiciar, 2 = treasurer, 3 = counselor, 4 = chamberlain
5 = master of beasts, 6 = butler, 7 = doctor, 8 = executioner, 9 = chef, 10 = housekeeper

CUSTOM_MARKET_OFFICIAL_#
# 0 = sewer official, 1 = grain official, 2 = fire official, 3 = judge, 4 = building official, 5 = road official

Quote from: Shonai_Dweller
Errorlog:
MOUNTAIN trying to generate musical form without speech or instruments.

Seed: rHq4d0aoyuJFdnBTFOpW
 History Seed: fE4XicHEghrOnElk1P3w
 Name Seed: jjyl54v77gnUMzff1dxK
 Creature Seed: KzCGycAgKMg5gZE8YTv2

(Medium region. 250 years. Crash is repeatable with these seeds).

This reproduces in release mode only for me, so it'll take a zillion years, but hopefully I can get it.  Agree that the musical form probably doesn't matter -- happens in year 196, crash is ~216.  No other info yet.

Quote from: MCreeper
Hmm... are gorlacks founding monasteries intended? Just asked some monk about a monstery we was in, and he told me that it was founded by gorlack. With mountains trying to make music...

Furthermore, i have found mushroom man serving as executioner for a baron. This all is rather abnormal.

Yeah, this is intended, broadly speaking, since local heroes can arise from those pops, but once underground sites/travel are a little better respected I expect they'll stay underground more often.

Are these new demon lead goblin civs perhaps a little too friendly with the civ which discovered them?

Ha ha, that's quite possible.

Fortress is 3x7 towers, but there is this weird tile on the map. Seemingly nothing is actually there. Can it be something underground?

Ack, all single castles should be ~3x3...  I have no idea what these builders were doing.  And no idea about the oddity.

Quote from: thvaz
I started a ranger with a dog and a eagle and the animals promptly disappeared.

Ack.  The doors are bad.  Thinking about leaving adv mode doors open longer/permanently (but closable).  All pets are historical, so they shouldn't be deleted, but I did have trouble with my large birds especially just flying all over the place.  I use 'c' to keep tabs on them a bit -- do we know more about when they left?  Did they not follow in 't'ravel or were they already offloaded locally before that?

Quote from: Orkel
I'm assuming now begins a bunch of bug fix releases including important old bugs?

Some, yes, though I can't go on for too long in order to get the artists unblocked.  So we do have to change gears at some point, but the bug fixing releases will continue even then, periodically.  It'll be different this time.  Certainly going after e.g. the raid crash again once I clean the new stuff up.  But by the end of February will see if I really have to switch.  These are odd times, and will be for a bit.

People are hiring mercenaries to attack the fortress of those same mercenaries. Repeatedly. Very, very much times, actually. And some without hiring them in between.

Ha ha ha.  Whoops.

Quote from: FantasticDorf
Also funnily enough, i have a dwarf that has a very colorful screen of attributed relationships as my first migrant. 4 children, romantically involved, 3 5 gods and 1 elven force of nature to worship (Enure). yeah. i think its bugged just a tiny bit. Ill put a report up once my fortress is settled

The worship stuff comes from the new shrines and so forth - it diffuses out and everybody is influenced by their local situation.  So this is working as intended, though I agree it's a bit odd.  They shouldn't belong to multiple organized religions.

Quote from: thvaz
(assimilated night creatures) is anything but rare then. I am just passing by and saw a lot of different ones.

Yes, the individual original event is kinda rare, but it doesn't take much beyond that.  Should probably be dialed back, or there could be some initial tensions that stop integrations at first sometimes.

Quote from: Untrustedlife
Does breeching the fun in fort mode also result in new gobbo civs?

Not yet!

I assume Alliances were meant to be a counter to the influx of new goblin civs? Perhaps balance is a little out (very rng based though, I haven't seen any total goblin takeover worlds yet - making medium regions of 200-300 years mainly).

Or perhaps it's because anyone seems to be able to breach the HFS (my human civ did, I assume they just need a fortress site to manage it). Which potentially means goblins are breaching the HFS themselves from the sites they take over in the initial invasion. Might be a bit much?

Yeah, overall I think breaches are a bit much now.  At least that's what I'm seeing in some of the reports of total dwarf death in not-too-many years.

Quote from: CaptainArchmage
1) Can I directly import a save from 44.12 to this version?

Should just be able to copy over your save folder, yeah, though as people have noted, not sure about the mod situation etc.

Quote from: Orkel
When a dwarf gives birth to a baby, the baby turns the mother into its mount and rides the mother around like a horse, and the mother eventually dies of thirst, unable to escape the existence of horse.

He he he he, this is the sort of thing I'm looking for.  A fine companion for the drunk tavern cats and executioner arm-in-mouth.  Will fix, of course, but this is good.

I dont see any option to "intimidate" in theconversation options. Only flatter , tell joke, and calm the listener.

Intimidate and persuade are tactics restricted to interrogation currently.  Hopefully can get stuff out and generalized over time.

Quote from: DG
Was there mention of tweaks to pantheons that I missed? Specifically their size.

Hmm, I just added some new death deity guarantees...  if that's the result, it appears I screwed up a loop or something, ha ha ha.  Is that total exhaustion of all spheres?  It'd be cool as a rare thing.

New bug, experiments are all very cordial and friendly even though theres also zombies who are aggressive to me around the experiments are all friendly and conversational in this necromancer tower complex.

Hmm.  They are supposed to have the kill/identify strangers on site ethic at the very least.  I wonder why they are confused.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2020, 12:59:30 am »

Quote from: DG
Was there mention of tweaks to pantheons that I missed? Specifically their size.
Hmm, I just added some new death deity guarantees...  if that's the result, it appears I screwed up a loop or something, ha ha ha.  Is that total exhaustion of all spheres?  It'd be cool as a rare thing.

Yeah, it does seem to be all of them. At least, all the ones that are missing seem to be covered by others. I'm not certain which child/parent/friend sphere relationships make an individual sphere redundant.

Animals and Plants are missing but there's Nature. Boundaries is missing but Coasts is there. No Charity but is that because there's already Generosity? etc etc. I haven't done an exhaustive search.

Anyway, I agree that it's cool so a +1 on not making this sort of thing impossible even if it is toned down to be rarer.  :)

LordBSD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2020, 02:02:43 am »

Hello, I didn't know where else to post so I am posting here I hope that's ok. I am trying to get the new build running on FreeBSD and have already made much progress. I had to remove all the libs in libs, and let it use the linux compatability ones on my system. Then it complained about libgraphics.so so I hunted that down and I can't remember what else I did. Anyway to the problem. When running, I get this:

Code: [Select]
root@core:/home/mike/df/df_linux # ./df
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
Unknown binding: CHOOSE_NAME_FIRST
Unknown binding: A_CONV_PERSUADE
Unknown binding: A_CONV_INTIMIDATE
Unknown binding: A_ASSUME_IDENTITY_NEW
Unknown binding: A_ASSUME_IDENTITY_NONE
Unknown binding: A_ASSUME_IDENTITY_NAME
Unknown binding: A_ASSUME_IDENTITY_ORIGIN
Unknown binding: A_ASSUME_IDENTITY_PROFESSION
Unknown binding: A_ASSUME_IDENTITY_WORSHIP
Unknown binding: A_TACTICAL_SETTINGS
Unknown binding: HOTKEY_BUILDING_DISPLAY_FURNITURE
Unknown binding: CIV_RAID
Unknown binding: CIV_CENTER_ON_FORT
Unknown binding: CIV_HOLDINGS
Unknown binding: CIV_MAP_LEGEND
Unknown binding: CIV_REMOVE_MISSION
Unknown binding: CIV_RESCUE
Unknown binding: CIV_RECOVER
Unknown binding: CIV_WORLD
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSIONS
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_DETAILS
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_FREE_CAPTIVES
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_RELEASE_OTHERS
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_TAKE_ARTIFACTS
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_TAKE_ITEMS
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_TAKE_LIVESTOCK
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_RAID
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_PILLAGE
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_RAZE
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_TRIBUTE_ONE_TIME
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_TRIBUTE_ONGOING
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_CONQUER
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_DEMAND_SURRENDER
Unknown binding: CIV_NEWS
Unknown binding: CIV_PEOPLE
Unknown binding: CIV_ARTIFACTS
Unknown binding: CIV_CIVS
Unknown binding: CSHEET_BACKGROUND
Unknown binding: CSHEET_NEW_CHARACTER
Unknown binding: CSHEET_SKILLS
Unknown binding: CSHEET_APPEARANCE
Unknown binding: CSHEET_PERSONALITY
Unknown binding: CSHEET_EQUIPMENT
Unknown binding: CSHEET_PETS
Unknown binding: CSHEET_RANDOMIZE_BACKGROUND
Unknown binding: CSHEET_SELECT_BACKGROUND_OPTION
Unknown binding: CSHEET_WORSHIP_UP
Unknown binding: CSHEET_WORSHIP_DOWN
Unknown binding: CSHEET_NEW_ITEM
Unknown binding: CSHEET_QUALITY_UP
Unknown binding: CSHEET_QUALITY_DOWN
Unknown binding: CSHEET_NAME_PET
Unknown binding: CSHEET_REMOVE_PET
Unknown binding: CSHEET_ADD_PET
Unknown binding: A_LOG_SORT
Unknown binding: A_LOG_PIN
Unknown binding: A_LOG_ARTIFACTS
Unknown binding: A_LOG_INTRIGUE
Unknown binding: BUILDJOB_NAME
Unknown binding: BUILDJOB_DISPLAY_FURNITURE_SET
Unknown binding: BUILDJOB_DISPLAY_FURNITURE_CANCEL
Unknown binding: D_BITEM_NAME
Unknown binding: ARENA_CREATURE_TAME
Unknown binding: A_BARTER_SHOW
Unknown binding: ANNOUNCE_ZOOM_2
Unknown binding: JUSTICE_INTERROGATE
Unknown binding: JUSTICE_COUNTERINTELLIGENCE
Unknown binding: CIVZONE_NAME
Unknown binding: UNITVIEW_PRF_EXPEL
Unknown binding: LOCATION_GUILDHALL
Unknown binding: LOCATION_RECOGNIZE_PRIESTHOOD

Why am I getting those errors on a fresh install? Is that from using the older libgraphics.so I found? Is libgraphics.so and the game itself linked, like is libgraphics.so a library in general or specific to DF? How can I fix this I almost have it running. Thank you so much. Once this is done I will make a freebsd port and maintain it. I will also post it here I know somewhere buried in this forum there are people that run FreeBSD too and would love to have a port as the current one has been outdated for YEARS with no focus on it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 02:04:55 am by LordBSD »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2020, 02:14:03 am »

Is it just my RNG or are all positions being created "as a matter of course" now?
Not seeing "by force of argument", "pushed by a wave of popular support" and other such methods in this version.

--edit
Never mind, found one "wave of support" statement. Doesn't seem to happen often.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 02:46:38 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Zarathustra30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2020, 02:19:52 am »

Found a bug on a save imported from old version with DFHack, where ordering a statue relating to a guild winds up as a "Statue of ." I am furiously trying to get a guild in a clean save to try to reproduce.

Edit: Reproduced! http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14683

Edit 2: Bug tracker: https://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11242
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 04:12:30 am by Zarathustra30 »
How did we pass from inns with merry songs and happy music to temples of doom and medieval torture with so much easiness and eagerness??

Evillee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2020, 03:17:33 am »

When I raise undead lieutenants as a necromancer they become hostile to me
Was there sand? Was it coarse and rough and irritating and did it get everywhere?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2020, 03:38:33 am »

Anyone encountered a giant monstrosity yet?
Interested in seeing the description of one.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2020, 03:45:02 am »

Hello, I didn't know where else to post so I am posting here I hope that's ok. I am trying to get the new build running on FreeBSD and have already made much progress. I had to remove all the libs in libs, and let it use the linux compatability ones on my system. Then it complained about libgraphics.so so I hunted that down and I can't remember what else I did. Anyway to the problem. When running, I get this:

Code: [Select]
root@core:/home/mike/df/df_linux # ./df
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
Unknown binding: CHOOSE_NAME_FIRST
Unknown binding: A_CONV_PERSUADE
Unknown binding: A_CONV_INTIMIDATE
Unknown binding: A_ASSUME_IDENTITY_NEW
Unknown binding: A_ASSUME_IDENTITY_NONE
Unknown binding: A_ASSUME_IDENTITY_NAME
Unknown binding: A_ASSUME_IDENTITY_ORIGIN
Unknown binding: A_ASSUME_IDENTITY_PROFESSION
Unknown binding: A_ASSUME_IDENTITY_WORSHIP
Unknown binding: A_TACTICAL_SETTINGS
Unknown binding: HOTKEY_BUILDING_DISPLAY_FURNITURE
Unknown binding: CIV_RAID
Unknown binding: CIV_CENTER_ON_FORT
Unknown binding: CIV_HOLDINGS
Unknown binding: CIV_MAP_LEGEND
Unknown binding: CIV_REMOVE_MISSION
Unknown binding: CIV_RESCUE
Unknown binding: CIV_RECOVER
Unknown binding: CIV_WORLD
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSIONS
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_DETAILS
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_FREE_CAPTIVES
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_RELEASE_OTHERS
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_TAKE_ARTIFACTS
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_TAKE_ITEMS
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_TAKE_LIVESTOCK
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_RAID
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_PILLAGE
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_RAZE
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_TRIBUTE_ONE_TIME
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_TRIBUTE_ONGOING
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_CONQUER
Unknown binding: CIV_MISSION_DEMAND_SURRENDER
Unknown binding: CIV_NEWS
Unknown binding: CIV_PEOPLE
Unknown binding: CIV_ARTIFACTS
Unknown binding: CIV_CIVS
Unknown binding: CSHEET_BACKGROUND
Unknown binding: CSHEET_NEW_CHARACTER
Unknown binding: CSHEET_SKILLS
Unknown binding: CSHEET_APPEARANCE
Unknown binding: CSHEET_PERSONALITY
Unknown binding: CSHEET_EQUIPMENT
Unknown binding: CSHEET_PETS
Unknown binding: CSHEET_RANDOMIZE_BACKGROUND
Unknown binding: CSHEET_SELECT_BACKGROUND_OPTION
Unknown binding: CSHEET_WORSHIP_UP
Unknown binding: CSHEET_WORSHIP_DOWN
Unknown binding: CSHEET_NEW_ITEM
Unknown binding: CSHEET_QUALITY_UP
Unknown binding: CSHEET_QUALITY_DOWN
Unknown binding: CSHEET_NAME_PET
Unknown binding: CSHEET_REMOVE_PET
Unknown binding: CSHEET_ADD_PET
Unknown binding: A_LOG_SORT
Unknown binding: A_LOG_PIN
Unknown binding: A_LOG_ARTIFACTS
Unknown binding: A_LOG_INTRIGUE
Unknown binding: BUILDJOB_NAME
Unknown binding: BUILDJOB_DISPLAY_FURNITURE_SET
Unknown binding: BUILDJOB_DISPLAY_FURNITURE_CANCEL
Unknown binding: D_BITEM_NAME
Unknown binding: ARENA_CREATURE_TAME
Unknown binding: A_BARTER_SHOW
Unknown binding: ANNOUNCE_ZOOM_2
Unknown binding: JUSTICE_INTERROGATE
Unknown binding: JUSTICE_COUNTERINTELLIGENCE
Unknown binding: CIVZONE_NAME
Unknown binding: UNITVIEW_PRF_EXPEL
Unknown binding: LOCATION_GUILDHALL
Unknown binding: LOCATION_RECOGNIZE_PRIESTHOOD

Why am I getting those errors on a fresh install? Is that from using the older libgraphics.so I found? Is libgraphics.so and the game itself linked, like is libgraphics.so a library in general or specific to DF? How can I fix this I almost have it running. Thank you so much. Once this is done I will make a freebsd port and maintain it. I will also post it here I know somewhere buried in this forum there are people that run FreeBSD too and would love to have a port as the current one has been outdated for YEARS with no focus on it.

Those are all relatively new key bindings...  is it an old version of the linux DF side of things?  I don't remember all how that is set up, but the keybindings.cpp file etc. that's distributed with the linux version has all those definitions, and those would be the ones that don't show up if an older version is being used against a more recent interface.txt.  It might be that old version bit you are mentioning over there.  It needs to use the new code to build, however they are building it.

--

Hmm, it's not completely surprising about the lieutenants, since they are free-willed and only join with the necromancers in w.g. because of entity link stuff (which is a handwave.)  But perhaps they should at least show you that much courtesy.

Fixed Shonai_Dweller's w.g. crash, I think, though I have to run another test and they each take about 40 minutes (which is why this is the sum of today's progress.)  Had to do with invaders claiming animal populations when attacking a site without an entity...  as for why they were attacking a site without an entity, I have no idea, but I think for instance the necros might do that if they are snow-balling, though it is still very strange.  In any case, the crash part of it should be fixed for next time.  It's unclear whether that handles the other crashes people have, though it would certainly be a candidate.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2020, 03:47:09 am »

Quote from: Toady One
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Biggest thanks.

I'm probably going to be very impudent and ask one more strange question about position tokens.

Little preamble.
Some civs have positions with unknown tokens, like Master (goblins) or Lord, Lady, Law-Giver (humans).
I also found in Dwarf Fortress.exe next strings, I don't sure that all of these is position tokens:
Spoiler: list (click to show/hide)

Question:
Could you provide a correct list of these unknown positions?
Only need is right token name and its name in game.
I think this information will be very useful for tileset makers. It may become useless after Steam release, but nevertheless.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2020, 03:53:35 am »

I've seen entities attack sites of civilized population 0 in worldgen in the previous version. It's about the only time I ever saw Dwarves actually launch an attack. Thought it was kind of buggy at the time.  :)

alex-wev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2020, 04:04:11 am »

I always play in large regions, like the sense of acting in realy big world.
The 0.47.01 crashes during large region worldgen (years counting) for me literally always.
So far, i made 5 or 6 tries. One time it got to ~700th year, all other tries it always crashed at 400+ year.
Completely vanilla 0.47.01, no any mods/changes/etc.
Windows x64, core i5, 16GM of memory, 70% is free, also nothing specific - no overclocking, no undervolting etc. No any other issues in any other software (at least which could be attributed to HW failures).
0.44.12 works in the same conditions perfectly fine for me.

I'll do a few more tries now, and put here data from game/error logs with seeds and error messages. Hopefully this will help.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 04:06:37 am by alex-wev »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2020, 04:12:23 am »

I always play in large regions, like the sense of acting in realy big world.
The 0.47.01 crashes during large region worldgen (years counting) for me literally always.
So far, i made 5 or 6 tries. One time it got to ~700th year, all other tries it always crashed at 400+ year.
Completely vanilla 0.47.01, no any mods/changes/etc.
Windows x64, core i5, 16GM of memory, 70% is free, also nothing specific - no overclocking, no undervolting etc. No any other issues in any other software (at least which could be attributed to HW failures).
0.44.12 works in the same conditions perfectly fine for me.

I'll do a few more tries now, and put here data from game/error logs with seeds and error messages. Hopefully this will help.
It's to do with new things interacting badly during worldgen. The bigger the world, the longer the history the more likely it is to happen because more stuff is actually happening. New version release always starts like this. Nothing to do with memory probably.

Incidentally Toady, are seeds better off posted here or over at the tracker? I see a fair few building up over there now.

Here's another crash I had:

Medium Region.
Set for 550 years and 75% Megabeast cutoff.
Crashes just before 500 years.

Seed: WIYSKc2OMaWUS2iwSsme
History Seed: 8s0sAgW0eKAg0ayeskSS
Name Seed: SaI68Wig2UqEwySysoy2
Creature Seed: OqW6IUkoQcQmmCS6IQWe
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16