Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.01 Released  (Read 98568 times)

Ouan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.01 Released
« Reply #225 on: February 06, 2020, 07:41:58 am »

Did we ever figure out what causes Mountains to sing?

My first stab at a large world resulted in the Plains and the Mountains having a sing off. Apparently, they can now sing well because their words are Impoverished.

Oh well, time to spend another hour or ten generating a world. Fingers crossed that this one does not crash eight hours into generation.

<crosses fingers>
When it says MOUNTAIN, it actually refers to Dwarves. The same goes for PLAINS and Humans. It’s an internal system for categorising the Civs. So in truth, the Dwarves and Humans were having a sing-off so catastrophically loud that Armok decided to kill them all before they broke his favourite wineglass.

Lols. I figured that is what was going on. Dang Armok breaking the world for being too happy. I just want to know what to do to prevent it from happening again. I so far have not been able to generate a history past 750 years or so before the world degenerates according to Armok's hatred of sing offs. Ah well, I will keep tinkering. So many threatened wineglasses.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 06, 2020, 07:48:07 am »

My current Dwarven Civ has no less than three gods of lies, trickery, and treachery, except in different order. I don’t think I’ve ever seen multiple Gods in the same pantheon Sharing spheres before.

Another thing: one effect of having 28 Gods seems to be that one of My Dwarves who worships 13 of them became hideously depressed almost immediately after getting bad thoughts from not praying. This update has been quite the ride.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 07:53:11 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #227 on: February 06, 2020, 01:47:28 pm »

In regards to adventure mode, are all intelligent wilderness creatures deity-less now? I notice that when I pick those I don't worship any of the civs deities - maybe just a couple weird occurences.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #228 on: February 06, 2020, 02:02:17 pm »

My current Dwarven Civ has no less than three gods of lies, trickery, and treachery, except in different order. I don’t think I’ve ever seen multiple Gods in the same pantheon Sharing spheres before.

Another thing: one effect of having 28 Gods seems to be that one of My Dwarves who worships 13 of them became hideously depressed almost immediately after getting bad thoughts from not praying. This update has been quite the ride.

Im actually quite happy with it so far. Though i think kitfox claiming they didnt put pressure on tarn to get the release out may be a thinly veiled lie/half truth given how he seems so worried about it. I doubt its him putting this much pressur eon himself. But i trust kitfox for the most part.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 06, 2020, 03:42:06 pm »

I'd expect Toady to be under quite some pressure due to contractual deadlines (I certainly have been for close to a year: 5 years worth of work to be done in what was originally two, but now down to one. I don't envy his situation), and I see no reason to put additional pressure on top of that (there might have been some reminders initially to get the situation to sink in, but once the pressure is on, there's definitely no need to add to it).

Also, the artists claim to be in waiting mode (which Toady has said as well), and that adds pressure too. I guess it was a fair number of years since Toady was in the situation that others were waiting for him to deliver so they can get on with their jobs (and I don't count the community here: Toady doesn't have any delivery obligations time wise, even though some individuals are jumping up and down at times).

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #230 on: February 06, 2020, 03:49:02 pm »

I'd expect Toady to be under quite some pressure due to contractual deadlines (I certainly have been for close to a year: 5 years worth of work to be done in what was originally two, but now down to one. I don't envy his situation), and I see no reason to put additional pressure on top of that (there might have been some reminders initially to get the situation to sink in, but once the pressure is on, there's definitely no need to add to it).

Also, the artists claim to be in waiting mode (which Toady has said as well), and that adds pressure too. I guess it was a fair number of years since Toady was in the situation that others were waiting for him to deliver so they can get on with their jobs (and I don't count the community here: Toady doesn't have any delivery obligations time wise, even though some individuals are jumping up and down at times).

Id say a contractual deadline is the same as pressure in this situation, i thought they said they didnt give him a specific deadline hmm
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]