Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 61

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!  (Read 137753 times)

Mim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!
« Reply #300 on: February 20, 2020, 11:12:17 am »

Hey, a few days ago I asked if there was a way to make a civ build only hillocks and I got the advice to make the civ PLAYER_FORTRESS and it worked!...sort of. The civ only built but the sites in adventure mode are SUPER laggy, to the point it takes like 30mins just to walk out of them and you are unable to fast travel while inside of them to boot. Also the site doesn't seem to actually have any sort of structures(I didn't look around for too long, given how tedious it was to walk around).

I presume how PLAYER_FORTRESS works is that it makes it so the site is as if you started playing Dwarf Fortress mode, chose the maximum size area for the embark and then retired the fort immediately and a quick test seems to confirm that.

So yeah, don't use the  PLAYER_FORTRESS method if you plan to visit the sites in adventure mode. If you just want them for extra neighbours in fortress mode it seems to work fine though.
I checked and the PLAYER_FORTRESS hillocks do not have sitemaps: the option to export them in legends is simply greyed out, and DFHack doesn't export their sitemaps either. Thus, I don't think they have any structures, which confirms the earlier observations. Can this be fixed so they have structures like a normal hillocks?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 11:24:23 am by Mim »
I am an excellent proofreader... after I click submit.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #301 on: February 20, 2020, 02:31:07 pm »

Hmm... Well, I still can't figure out how to get it to work.  Even when I copy the genned secrets exactly, I can't get them to create modded experimental creatures.  They do seem to create generated experimental creatures though, even when they aren't given that ability...

It is interesting to note that apparently the reason why necromancers are villainous is because the secrets alter their personalities, not the other way around.  Looks like almost all necromancers have increased anxiety and lowered trust, which explains their rampant paranoia and manipulative behaviors.  This suggests that personality changes are respected in worldgen.  I wonder what else could be done with this...
I looked into this awhile ago, and my findings coincide with yours. (I posted in here about it too but no one seemed willing to answer/acknowledge it even though i posted about it many times) Not sur ewhy everyone here is so keen to ignore me.

Also if you give them the experimenter token and don't give them an experiment interaction they can still make those weird generated experiment monsters.

Also if you do add an experiment interaction (properly, with EXPERIMENT_ONLY etc) they will not do it and they seem far less likely to make towers.

I've reported this in Mantis (Toady said it's not how it's supposed to work), but I couldn't get a world where a modded interaction produced a generated experiment creature (I deleted the old saves where it happened).  Do you have the save?  If so, post it here.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 20, 2020, 06:36:46 pm »

Can [I_SOURCE:ATTACK] do anything other than add a syndrome?

People have made CE_SPECIAL_ATTACK_INTERACTION work, right?
The following test isn't working for me when I start with [SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:BITE] on the bite.
The first bite transforms, but a third creature bitten by the now-human doesn't get the syndrome.
Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:BITE]

[I_SOURCE:ATTACK]
    [IS_HIST_STRING_1: bit ]
    [IS_HIST_STRING_2:, passing on the werebeast curse]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
    [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
    [IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
    [IT_REQUIRES:HAS_BLOOD]
    [IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
    [IT_FORBIDDEN:SUPERNATURAL]
    [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:WERECURSE]
    [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:VAMPCURSE]
    [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:DISTURBANCE_CURSE]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
    [IE_TARGET:A]
    [IE_IMMEDIATE]
    [SYNDROME]
    [SYN_CLASS:WERECURSE]
            [CE_DISPLAY_TILE:TILE:165:5:0:1:START:0]
            [CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:necromancer:necromancers:necromantic:START:0]
[CE_SPECIAL_ATTACK_INTERACTION:INTERACTION:BITE:BP:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH:START:1:ABRUPT]
    [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
        [CE:CREATURE:HUMAN:MALE]
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 06:48:18 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #303 on: February 21, 2020, 02:01:36 am »

Can [I_SOURCE:ATTACK] do anything other than add a syndrome?
You could do a little arena testing on behalf of everyone, see if attack interaction can clean the target ("I'm a vacuum cleaner! Slurp!")
or create_item (boulder fell off earth elemental). Or material_emission a vapor. Or summon a large_bat upon biting.

Slightly related: A few generated extracted interactions that have a syndrome:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
More syndromes, 3.7 MB, in file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14822
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 02:09:06 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #304 on: February 21, 2020, 02:19:38 am »

Already tested, it seems that I_SOURCE:ATTACK can only add syndromes.  RIP plans for Secret of the Megaton Punch or Magma Bite...

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
  • Developing a race, explosive booze and death traps
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 21, 2020, 11:03:17 am »

Is it possible to mod armour and weapons so they can be decorated with gemstones like they can with metal studs?
Urist McRecon cancels make exploding booze: Interrupted by bad idea
Urist McRecon cancels bad idea: missing raw files
Urist McRecon cancels add raw files: Interrupted by fortress mode
Urist McRecon cancels play fortress mode: Needs exploding booze
Urist McRecon cancels acquire exploding booze: No materials

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 21, 2020, 12:39:06 pm »

Is it possible to mod armour and weapons so they can be decorated with gemstones like they can with metal studs?
Uh, can't they already be decorated with gemstones? You just need to connect the jeweler's workshop with a armour or weapons stockpile.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 21, 2020, 01:39:51 pm »

Yeah, it's a thing in fort mode. If you mean like adventure mode you'll have to add a specific improvement reaction, don't recall if the encrusting improvement is the default decoration one or a special improvement type. And if the layer, don't recall if it's easily usable in custom reactions.

Worst-case scenario, you'd have to settle for the item description saying "decorated with X" instead of "encrusted with X" I hope.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
  • Developing a race, explosive booze and death traps
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 21, 2020, 02:22:47 pm »

https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Decoration

the wiki says it cant, I have had it with artifacts but not regular gems?
Urist McRecon cancels make exploding booze: Interrupted by bad idea
Urist McRecon cancels bad idea: missing raw files
Urist McRecon cancels add raw files: Interrupted by fortress mode
Urist McRecon cancels play fortress mode: Needs exploding booze
Urist McRecon cancels acquire exploding booze: No materials

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 21, 2020, 02:28:25 pm »

Hmm. Not sure since gem encrusting isn't really accessible in the raws. It does mention that the default COVERED improvement can be described as covered/studded/encrusted so that should work. The only part I'm not sure of if whether it'll preserve the gem shape, or it'll just say "encrusted with emerald" or what-have-you. Though I don't even remember if it preserves the gem shape when you do it from a jeweler's workshop, so hmm. :/
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #310 on: February 22, 2020, 12:54:58 pm »

Does anyone know the dwarven sciences dictating specifically how resistant an [ITEM_ARMOR:*] is?
I know about coverage, upstep and ubstep related shenanigans, and that ARMORLEVEL is likely cosmetic except for preventing wear, but given that thickness is relative I was wondering if that or material size affects armor characteristics, or are all armor pieces effectively identical except for:
>what it covers
>what you can wear under/over it
>whether certain materials severely compromise it's integrity.
From a purely defensive perspective.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #311 on: February 22, 2020, 04:13:49 pm »

Does anyone know the dwarven sciences dictating specifically how resistant an [ITEM_ARMOR:*] is?
I know about coverage, upstep and ubstep related shenanigans, and that ARMORLEVEL is likely cosmetic except for preventing wear, but given that thickness is relative I was wondering if that or material size affects armor characteristics, or are all armor pieces effectively identical except for:
Can arena test, different materialsize chainmails, which 12-team survives, given everything else is equal.
Also copper vs steel testing is easy to do.
Armor weight formula from 2013: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126119.0

A 10-ton humanoid's clothes are ultra armor, "The clothing worn by very large creatures requires weapons with larger penetration values (in the weapon raws) in order to cause damage through the clothing, even if the clothing is weak to the weapon."

2012 armor flesh penetration testing: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=116151.msg3766880#msg3766880
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #312 on: February 22, 2020, 04:47:06 pm »

Can arena test, different materialsize chainmails, which 12-team survives, given everything else is equal.
Also copper vs steel testing is easy to do.
Armor weight formula from 2013: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126119.0

A 10-ton humanoid's clothes are ultra armor, "The clothing worn by very large creatures requires weapons with larger penetration values (in the weapon raws) in order to cause damage through the clothing, even if the clothing is weak to the weapon."

2012 armor flesh penetration testing: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=116151.msg3766880#msg3766880
Nice! This is some helpful stuff right here.
Also, is it me, or does the default values for PLANT_THREAD_TEMPLATE seem really borked?
Code: [Select]
[MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:THREAD_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:GRAY]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:fiber]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:fiber]
[STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:BLACK]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:none]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:none]
[STATE_COLOR:GAS:BLACK]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:none]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:none]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:7:0:0]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
[SPEC_HEAT:420]
[IGNITE_POINT:10508]
[MELTING_POINT:NONE]
[BOILING_POINT:NONE]
[HEATDAM_POINT:10250]
[COLDDAM_POINT:9900]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:NONE]
[SOLID_DENSITY:1520]
[LIQUID_DENSITY:NONE]
[MOLAR_MASS:NONE]
[IMPACT_YIELD:10000]
[IMPACT_FRACTURE:10000]
[IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100000]
[COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:10000]
[COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:10000]
[COMPRESSIVE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100000]
[TENSILE_YIELD:10000]
[TENSILE_FRACTURE:11000]
[TENSILE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100000]
[TORSION_YIELD:11000]
[TORSION_FRACTURE:11000]
[TORSION_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100000]
[SHEAR_YIELD:600000] used cotton
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:600000] used cotton
[SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100000]
[BENDING_YIELD:10000]
[BENDING_FRACTURE:10000]
[BENDING_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100000]
[MAX_EDGE:0]
[ABSORPTION:100]
[THREAD_PLANT]
[ITEMS_SOFT]
A lot of the values are at the "default" "low as meaningful" amounts of 10,000, except for shear yield which is sky-high at 600,000. I'm actually wondering where Toady got the number for the latter, but overall it makes trying to make "woven cloth armor" such as gambesons a headscratcher to balance, as the sky-high shear resistance is immediately supplanted by STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_WOVEN_THREAD, but when i remove that token my gambesons instantly become bulletproof fullbody vests.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 22, 2020, 05:31:19 pm »

I would need to check, but outside of something relating to a bug to do with merchants muskmelon plant mats never seem to rot even when forbidden and left outside for a year compared to soft fruit and harvestables.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 22, 2020, 07:33:00 pm »

I've had a hideous brainwave.

The summoning interactions can spawn something in as a pet - which means in fort mode, they'd be subject to butcher immunity.

Cats have a "head bump" interaction which, as pets, they use on their owners. This interaction and its benign usage hint could be repurposed to, say, slowly erode the owner's brain.

Gentlemen - we can make Hypnotoads.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 61