Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 61

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!  (Read 138066 times)

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!
« Reply #540 on: June 26, 2020, 09:57:00 pm »

If PLAYER_FORTRESS make civ of hillocks, what do MONUMENT site type?
"Valid site types are DARK_FORTRESS (π), CAVE (•), CAVE_DETAILED (Ω), TREE_CITY (î), and CITY (#).
Also recognizes PLAYER_FORTRESS, and MONUMENT, though these likely will not work.

FORTRESS is no longer a valid entry, castles are currently controlled by BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS. Defaults to CITY. Selecting CAVE causes the classic kobold behavior of not showing up on the "neighbors" section of the site selection screen. Selecting DARK_FORTRESS also allows generation of certain other structures. CAVE_DETAILED civilizations will create fortresses in mountainous regions and hillocks in non-mountainous regions.
[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CAVE_DETAILED] "

https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Entity_token
I know about wiki. I even wrote about some rare modding issues. PLAYER_FORTRESS work, it create civ out of hillocks only, and this hillocks may be 'unretired', if this civ has SITE_CONTROLLABLE, but I don't know how this hillocks look in fortress or adventure mode. MONUMENT site type I try with one of my civs, but this cause crash, so I don't test more behavior (maybe, this may cause no crash with some changes). Anyone else test this?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #541 on: June 27, 2020, 04:07:22 am »

Good to know. Could you add the results of your testing to the wiki?
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 27, 2020, 04:45:20 am »

"Valid site types are DARK_FORTRESS (π), CAVE (•), CAVE_DETAILED (Ω), TREE_CITY (î), and CITY (#).
Also recognizes PLAYER_FORTRESS, and MONUMENT, though these likely will not work.

FORTRESS is no longer a valid entry, castles are currently controlled by BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS. Defaults to CITY. Selecting CAVE causes the classic kobold behavior of not showing up on the "neighbors" section of the site selection screen. Selecting DARK_FORTRESS also allows generation of certain other structures. CAVE_DETAILED civilizations will create fortresses in mountainous regions and hillocks in non-mountainous regions.

I know about wiki. I even wrote about some rare modding issues. PLAYER_FORTRESS work, it create civ out of hillocks only, and this hillocks may be 'unretired', if this civ has SITE_CONTROLLABLE, but I don't know how this hillocks look in fortress or adventure mode. MONUMENT site type I try with one of my civs, but this cause crash, so I don't test more behavior (maybe, this may cause no crash with some changes). Anyone else test this?
having tested monument what happens is it makes the capital site empty but treats the rest of the civ the same but if you slap on tombs and builds castles on they start building those. best for making a nomad civ where they have no actual site but they exist in the world gen.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 27, 2020, 12:01:56 pm »

having tested monument what happens is it makes the capital site empty but treats the rest of the civ the same but if you slap on tombs and builds castles on they start building those. best for making a nomad civ where they have no actual site but they exist in the world gen.
Thanks! May worldgen crash be caused by SITE_CONTROLLABLE?
Good to know. Could you add the results of your testing to the wiki?
Now I have some troubles with recapthca - it does not work properly in my browser.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 27, 2020, 11:54:33 pm »

I tried some more MONUMENT civs, but they all cause crashes in worldgen. How you prevent crashes?

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 06, 2020, 01:09:56 am »

How add growth to mushroom trees (towercap and fungiwood)? I need to stop rejections. If possible, this growths must don't grow on trees in fortmode, only be buyable from civ with INDOOR_ORCHARDS.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 07, 2020, 04:11:54 am »

Can I create crop that grow both underground and aboveground?

Hetsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 19, 2020, 12:18:34 am »

I've been having a CTDs resulting from a fault in VCRUNTIME140.dll while loading modded creature files containing a bunch of creatures (essentially giants and especially animal people) containing COPY_TAGS_FROM followed by a few APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATIONSs. I've ruled out duplicate creatures and I think I removed all fractal creatures. Are there known issues regarding those particular tokens interacting or the dll itself?

Barring any particular issue, I think maybe the dll causes a CTD because whatever temporary file it handles while applying creature variations gets too large for it to handle. I'll test that theory out within a few days.

So it's been a lot longer than anticipated, been burned out on DF modding. While I didn't pinpoint the source(s) of the CTDs, I did find that the token [CHANGE_FREQUENCY_PERC], when included, turns an otherwise ~20% CTD rate to a ~90% CTD rate. I'm at a loss, any ideas why this would happen?

Edit: Used a debugger, it's crashing during a memchr call.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 03:24:31 am by Hetsin »

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 22, 2020, 11:50:50 am »

Does anyone know what function "REQUIRED" serves in the CE:COUNTER_TRIGGER token, if any? For instance, the example vampire interaction contains the folllowing:
Code: [Select]
[CE:COUNTER_TRIGGER:DRINKING_BLOOD:1:NONE:REQUIRED]I've experimentally tried used "NONE" in its place without producing any errorlog messages (under the assumption that it might cause the syndrome effect to remain active outside of the specified counter trigger range), but I've failed to notice any difference.

Hetsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 22, 2020, 06:23:53 pm »

I've now come to the conclusion that my issue is a 64 bit version bug. Using the main download of 47.04 and the 64 bit non-SDL version, my raws have a near 100% CTD rate. However using the 32 bit non-SDL version I've loaded the test arena ten times consecutively. Sorry for the spamming.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 23, 2020, 09:42:50 am »

Anyone know about counter triggers work? I want solve some bugs by them. Bird women don't hatch eggs and tapir women cannot be milked. So I want to make syndromes that caused by any alcohol (for fortress mode usable), work only on special classes and make them temporary non-sentient for solve bugs (and then make them sentient back). This syndromes must work by counter triggers. For egglayers, bird woman become non-sentient before her eggs will be hatched. For tapir woman, she become non-sentient when will be able to be milked and then become sentient back when was milked. Sorry for bad English.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 25, 2020, 04:29:03 pm »

If I add to plant [UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:1], will this plant be farmable both underground and aboveground? If I add both chasm and land biomes?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 09, 2020, 05:58:02 pm »

Coulda sworn I'd already asked this, but since IG I haven't, has anything changed in the transition from 44 to 47 that would affect my creature mods?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 09, 2020, 06:55:17 pm »

Coulda sworn I'd already asked this, but since IG I haven't, has anything changed in the transition from 44 to 47 that would affect my creature mods?

Only changes i can recollect is that by default unicorns & beak dogs now have pet tags for yoinking the animals off-site & some of the [UNIQUE_DEMON] , [FEATURE_BEAST] tokens were implemented by toady to work on worlds with those 'hidden secret things' on valuation 0 so you can substitute them for your own on file.

Most else includes entity level changes, which may interact with your creature file mods, though there are a few specific new spell like ability interactions that can be undertook like voluntary transformations & summons by psuedomagical ability. There's necromancer experiments which are a island of doctor Moreau tropes just as they sound & unless you modify advanced world-gen, primordial evil biomes are greatly reduced by default because initially evil biomes spread outwards from certain civ-level actors in power.

You can for instance say `here is where the evil desert snakemen live` tack on their evilness with [SPREAD_EVIL_SPHERES_IF_RULER] (new token) and in theory for lack of using new effects now assocated to sphere affected evil biomes to affects biome & vegetation, mod in a bunch of ubiqitous custom sphere monsters to fill the space.

Bogeymen are also very rare on account of being nightmare sphere creatures now.

Long and short, it shouldn't affect anything as it stands now but there were plenty of tools given over this version to further refine and play with your modding scope. You might just get slightly dissapointed if a lot of your features were contained within evil biomes, not that primordial evil regions aren't too hard to put into worldgen settings; good biomes were just as they are.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 11, 2020, 05:53:49 pm »

So, how make cow woman milkable? When I try to add syndrome, they are all time sentient (so, not milkable) or all time non-sentient (so, cannot work, eat, be nobles et cetera). It must work by counter trigger: milked cow woman is sentient, when she can be milked - non-sentient (and wild cow women are sentient all time, so I will add this syndrome to alcohol templates). If I remember right, MILK_COUNTER exist only if bigger than 0.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 61