Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 61

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!  (Read 136248 times)

LilyInTheWater

• Bay Watcher
  • Me want bite. Me want plant corn dog delight.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!
« Reply #615 on: January 10, 2021, 08:28:54 pm »

I'm making a syndrome related to an extract and I'm wondering if this is the appropriate amount of pain to be put in if you come in contact with a very, very hot pepper extract for weapon purposes. Does this look like a reasonable amount of pain?

Code: [Select]
[CE_PAIN:SEV:2000:PROB:100:LOCALIZED:ABRUPT:START:0:PEAK:10:END:300:DWF_STRETCH:144]
Whatchu gonna do when I'm fucking small
Like one inch tall
You won't see me coming at all

He or They pronouns

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 11, 2021, 04:41:31 am »

Nah, that will instantly cause anyone to pass out from pain. Maybe like a severity of 200?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LilyInTheWater

• Bay Watcher
  • Me want bite. Me want plant corn dog delight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 11, 2021, 05:46:30 pm »

Nah, that will instantly cause anyone to pass out from pain. Maybe like a severity of 200?

Sounds great. Another question: I want this effect to manifest quickly and then stay around for a while at like equal power until it stops. If a syndrome peaks does it lessen in severity after the peak time until it ends?
Whatchu gonna do when I'm fucking small
Like one inch tall
You won't see me coming at all

He or They pronouns

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 11, 2021, 09:15:06 pm »

Before and after, yes. If it only has start and end times and an ABRUPT flag, it should remain constant throughout.

I did test it with a severity of 200 though, and it will still knock out the average human if it affects just 2-3 body parts simultaneously.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tinfect

• Bay Watcher
  • Want an Orange?
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 17, 2021, 03:45:03 am »

Is there a standing issue with Dark Fortress generation for custom entities? One of the civs I'm putting together tries to spawn Dark Fortresses in deserts, but, in such a state, the game crashes instantly the moment it's done placing civs. Swapping them out for cities, causes it to work flawlessly. I can only assume its the fortresses.

Unrelatedly, is it possible to make custom sites entirely?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 03:54:35 am by Tinfect »
Wizard one casts a Spell, Wizard two casts a Counterspell. Wizard one casts another Spell, Wizard two casts another Counterspell. Army comes along and chops 'em both up.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 17, 2021, 08:44:09 am »

Is there a standing issue with Dark Fortress generation for custom entities? One of the civs I'm putting together tries to spawn Dark Fortresses in deserts, but, in such a state, the game crashes instantly the moment it's done placing civs. Swapping them out for cities, causes it to work flawlessly. I can only assume its the fortresses.

Unrelatedly, is it possible to make custom sites entirely?

Yes, my personal theory based on my play experience, reading of observations made about the tags introduced with 47. and testing is that demons experimenting interactions render them unable to be playable as well with any other race designated this way, with no real way to install a alternative demonic leaders who are compatible because [UNIQUE_DEMON] is not considered egible in absence of a empty underworld or other circumstances like demon experiments being turned off in advanced world settings.

Generated demons nor dark towers can be seperated from one another, leading to the game crashing or the tower never generating in the first place if either condition is absent.

And no, but there are two unintentionally working tokens with dubious playability PLAYER_FORTRESS (creates sole hillocks) and MONUMENT (only occupies world-structures like castles & tombs, known to crash a lot), Layer linked civilizations are also playable with quirks related to location and lack of map presence, but if you ever want to interact with them, i suppose you would need to dip into DFhack to summon caravans (overground? underground i dont know)

Its on paper a theoretical way to add more trading partners without overloading the world with too many entities.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 08:48:39 am by FantasticDorf »

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 17, 2021, 04:32:40 pm »

Anyone know how to remove a tissue layer from a body part without making a new body detail plan? There's REMOVE_TISSUE but I've only seen it be used to remove the tissue type from the creature entirely.

Also, can you connect a body part to multiple body parts? For instance a skin membrane between the upper body and the arm?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 04:35:17 pm by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 20, 2021, 02:28:22 pm »

Is it possible to add reactions into the existing categories for the Crafter's shop?

For example if I want to add new reactions within the wood or bone categories. [CATEGORY:BONE] didn't work, but it was a complete guess. And maybe those specific categories are hard-coded and can't be touched anyways.

Lurksquatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 22, 2021, 10:53:05 pm »

So, I'm trying to create a creature that is constantly on fire. For some inexplicable reason, I cannot get the [IMMOLATE] token to do anything. Even copying it directly from the vanilla fire snake doesn't work. So, I tried to jury-rig a burning effect by making it "Emit Fire" when in combat. While I got it to rapidly emit bursts of extremely hot gas, the gas doesn't catch anything on fire, and is just as likely to melt my creature as it is anything else, despite the creature having both [FIREIMMUNE] and [HEATDAM_POINT:NONE] applied to all of it's materials. Finally, I gave it [MAT_FIXED_TEMP:14000], again on all of it's materials. It still won't catch anything on fire, and seems only moderately likely to melt fat and the like. Any ideas?

Spoiler: Raw (click to show/hide)

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 23, 2021, 02:33:25 am »

So, I'm trying to create a creature that is constantly on fire. For some inexplicable reason, I cannot get the [IMMOLATE] token to do anything. Even copying it directly from the vanilla fire snake doesn't work. So, I tried to jury-rig a burning effect by making it "Emit Fire" when in combat. While I got it to rapidly emit bursts of extremely hot gas, the gas doesn't catch anything on fire, and is just as likely to melt my creature as it is anything else, despite the creature having both [FIREIMMUNE] and [HEATDAM_POINT:NONE] applied to all of it's materials. Finally, I gave it [MAT_FIXED_TEMP:14000], again on all of it's materials. It still won't catch anything on fire, and seems only moderately likely to melt fat and the like. Any ideas?

Spoiler: Raw (click to show/hide)
Throwing out some random uneducated suggestions/thoughts:
  • You've got the HOMEOTHERM set so that the creature is only 37'C. Since HOMEOTHERM overrides the temperatures of their materials, consider either removing that tag, or setting it to the level that's used for creatures made of fire: 14000.
  • Remember to also modify the boiling point, melting point, and ignite point of your creature's materials if you don't want it melting itself (see the edits that are made in the DRAGON's definitions).
  • The wiki mentions that IMMOLATE makes a creature ignite items they stand on, so maybe FLIER might interfere with the part? (though unlikely)
  • There's actually a material template for fire materials if you're unaware - FLAME_TEMPLATE.
  • If even after the changes the creature doesn't burn things, you could try making it constantly secrete a fire-causing substance with SECRETION (that is, assuming you want it to spread fire everywhere it goes). The material may need to be in a non-gas form that then boils into gas to get rid of it (I'm not sure if gasses can ignite the ground or not? Though I've never looked into it).

Lurksquatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 23, 2021, 08:39:41 am »

Throwing out some random uneducated suggestions/thoughts:
  • You've got the HOMEOTHERM set so that the creature is only 37'C. Since HOMEOTHERM overrides the temperatures of their materials, consider either removing that tag, or setting it to the level that's used for creatures made of fire: 14000.
  • Remember to also modify the boiling point, melting point, and ignite point of your creature's materials if you don't want it melting itself (see the edits that are made in the DRAGON's definitions).
  • The wiki mentions that IMMOLATE makes a creature ignite items they stand on, so maybe FLIER might interfere with the part? (though unlikely)
  • There's actually a material template for fire materials if you're unaware - FLAME_TEMPLATE.
  • If even after the changes the creature doesn't burn things, you could try making it constantly secrete a fire-causing substance with SECRETION (that is, assuming you want it to spread fire everywhere it goes). The material may need to be in a non-gas form that then boils into gas to get rid of it (I'm not sure if gasses can ignite the ground or not? Though I've never looked into it).

Ok.

I finally got it to work. Sorta. I guess.

Removing [HOMETHERM] did nothing. I didn't try removing [FLIER] because the whole point is for it to fly, and it really shouldn't matter. I made a phoenix before and it flew around on fire no problem. Copying the various material values (i.e. melting point, ignite point, etc.) from the dragon made it stop melting itself to death, so that helped. Thanks.

I eventually made it continuously secrete the FLAME material as a gas. It melted a person, and then the person caught on fire, so I guess it works. I don't know why the earlier [MATERIAL_EMISSION] didn't work, since I just copied the FLAME material to make the flame gas, but whatever. It caught a dude on fire, so I'll take it lol. Thanks very much for the assistance.

I am still curious why IMMOLATE didn't work. I literally slapped IMMOLATE on an eagle a while ago and -POOF- fire bird. Slap it on a bat? Nothing. The mind boggles.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 23, 2021, 03:29:43 pm »

Anyone have files with list of entity and creature tokens? I search this examples, because in entity file were list of professions that have no fortmode jobs.

Seraphim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 23, 2021, 04:15:44 pm »

Not sure if allowed to link to other sites but its the wiki so hopefully its okay.

You can find pages for full lists of entity, creature and profession/skill tokens: https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Category:DF2014:Tokens

Hope that in some way helps!

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 23, 2021, 04:23:34 pm »

Not sure if allowed to link to other sites but its the wiki so hopefully its okay.

You can find pages for full lists of entity, creature and profession/skill tokens: https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Category:DF2014:Tokens

I need FILES. I know all tokens ad even wrote to wiki by myself, I just need that files that were in their own thread here on modding forum.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 24, 2021, 10:40:47 am »

That https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14543 files I mean.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 61