Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 61

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!  (Read 138370 times)

JAL28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!
« Reply #630 on: January 24, 2021, 06:30:47 pm »

Not entirely sure if this is true but in another(probably deleted) thread I heard of a DFHack command called make-citizen which is better than tweak makeown. Only problem is, I can’t seem to find it in my DFHack program. What is the command for running it and if it is a player made command, can someone send the code here? I can’t seem to find it anywhere on the Internet.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 25, 2021, 02:52:20 am »

Not entirely sure if this is true but in another(probably deleted) thread I heard of a DFHack command called make-citizen which is better than tweak makeown. Only problem is, I can’t seem to find it in my DFHack program. What is the command for running it and if it is a player made command, can someone send the code here? I can’t seem to find it anywhere on the Internet.
I don't know if it's technically better, but it at least works :P Here's the thread it's mentioned in (I'm not sure how many of the scripts in the thread are actually up to date, but make-citizen definitely is).

JAL28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 25, 2021, 03:21:55 am »

I don't know if it's technically better, but it at least works :P Here's the thread it's mentioned in (I'm not sure how many of the scripts in the thread are actually up to date, but make-citizen definitely is).

Oh wow thanks, I can't wait to try this out on the troll I have because my existing troll and gorlak military members disappeared after they went to raid a goblin site. Assuming they got deleted because they weren't histfigs.

JAL28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 30, 2021, 10:30:22 am »

Back here with more modding stuffs,

So recently I decided to make a new creature, and a special attack I wanted it to use was to use it's arms to "sweep" the enemy(using the lash template cause why not). Only issue is, I can't seem to find any way to make the attack use the arm at all. Using LIMB and ARM does nothing at all, while using GRASP doesn't seem to make them do the attack(even when attack flag is MAIN). What are the arms catogorized as for attacks, and how do I make the attack use the arm(not the hand)?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #634 on: January 30, 2021, 07:11:45 pm »

So recently I decided to make a new creature, and a special attack I wanted it to use was to use it's arms to "sweep" the enemy(using the lash template cause why not). Only issue is, I can't seem to find any way to make the attack use the arm at all. Using LIMB and ARM does nothing at all, while using GRASP doesn't seem to make them do the attack(even when attack flag is MAIN). What are the arms catogorized as for attacks, and how do I make the attack use the arm(not the hand)?
here's a tentacle strike(lash) example, you may have to tag Newcreature's ARM as a category LASHINGARM or such.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

here's vanilla DF's by category lower arm attack:
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 31, 2021, 02:07:43 am »

"Major bug fixes
Fixed w.g. crash related to dark fortress civs having fixed positions not held by demons"

I havn't had the time to check this yet, but does this finally fix  and once again have our own positions without the crashing issue once again? :D
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Liquidpip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 04, 2021, 08:11:51 am »

"Major bug fixes
Fixed w.g. crash related to dark fortress civs having fixed positions not held by demons"

I havn't had the time to check this yet, but does this finally fix  and once again have our own positions without the crashing issue once again? :D

I changed the dwarves' default site type to dark fortress in it didn't crash, so I guess it worked? I also made a civilization with various positions similar but different to dwarven and it seemed to work just fine. The only thing was that there was the monarch that ruled from the tower, but then there was also a demon that ruled from the place as well as the "master" of the civilization. In fortress mode, he showed up at the bottom of the "important peoples" list, below the monarch. The demon in question seemed to be pretty chill and content to enjoy life by competing in wrestling matches and attending geography lectures. I don't know what's causing this, but he seemed to be a master of nothing and does nothing that demons usually do. More than that, the world is devoid of goblins. More research required?

So now something unrelated, I have a problem with modding shields. I literally copied the shield definition from item_shield and changed the name and tag, but it's ridiculously heavy for some reason. Like, the copper ones weigh 522. Any idea to what's causing this?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 04, 2021, 02:55:32 pm »

Thats good to hear!

As for the shield issue, Im not sure. I would say Check the [MATERIAL_SIZE:2] but if you copy/pasted a normal one and its still doing that.. hmm.. check your copper raw to see if there was any accidental change in numbers.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 10, 2021, 08:24:06 am »

Shields are made to size of the craftsman, so gear made by larger workers scales up by default since its armor and not a weapon. Falling in the same category to the things that happen to clothing when the same design is passed between. Without a 'd'etail it'll always be made to fit the wearer.

"Major bug fixes

The demon in question seemed to be pretty chill and content to enjoy life by competing in wrestling matches and attending geography lectures. I don't know what's causing this, but he seemed to be a master of nothing and does nothing that demons usually do. More than that, the world is devoid of goblins. More research required?

Already all powerful in a dwarven civilization which prizes itself on different values to goblins, so by extent it seems the demon does things the dwarven orderly way, while the monarch still pulls the strings of power to stop unwanted wars.

Probably a bug manifested in some way to have two hardcoded monarchs at once (they both allocate personal advisors and such) but it does make the civs playable because experimenter leaders will CTD without the other monarch there. So having two leaders who in theory powershare (and the demon dies off and becomes replaced in the council of 2 civ leaders) maintains equilibrium.

Pre 47.05, [POSITION:MONARCH] over dark sites used to be one and the same, it'd allocate to them, but nobody knows what the new token for demons would be. A likely rumor from uncompressed saves is that it could be now hardcoded to [POSITION:CUSTOM_LAW_GIVER] but that can as easily just be a catch-all based on site type for mead hall lords.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 10, 2021, 08:29:21 am »

I'm currently having some problems with this secret-based interaction. I'm trying to have it work only when the user can touch something else, but it seems to be able to occur from several tiles away. Anyone able to help fix it?

Spoiler: Raws (click to show/hide)
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 11, 2021, 04:11:58 pm »

This syndrome isn't doing anything besides the FLASH_TILE (tested in arena mode). It's supposed to make werewolves heal from non-silver-inflicted wounds.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 04:42:52 pm by ChaosPotato »
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 12, 2021, 01:38:39 am »

This syndrome isn't doing anything besides the FLASH_TILE (tested in arena mode). It's supposed to make werewolves heal from non-silver-inflicted wounds.

Healing effects undo a given quantity of damage per tick, as opposed to instantly restoring creatures to full health. My guess is that you need to either drastically raise that SEV to enable more damage reduction per unit time, and/or prolong the effect duration to give the effect more time over which to undo damage (though this will of course be offset by any new wounds received in combat if the rate is too low).
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Liquidpip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 12, 2021, 08:21:01 am »

Shields are made to size of the craftsman, so gear made by larger workers scales up by default since its armor and not a weapon. Falling in the same category to the things that happen to clothing when the same design is passed between. Without a 'd'etail it'll always be made to fit the wearer.

Ah, ok, thanks! Is there any specific body part that the shield uses for its size? Like helms would use the head etc., then what does the shield use? And is it affected by the [UPSTEP] token in some way?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 12, 2021, 02:43:47 pm »

Just a cubic proportion to the creatures own body-size, i dont think it particularly interacts any such way with what you've mentioned.

The tiniest dwarf-made shields provide cover adequate for a bronze colossus for instance, and in many other examples the contact area of the shield might end up blocking a ballistae bolt, but it isn't big enough to stop the bolt simultaneouly penetrating many different places at once on medium-goblin sized creatures.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 12, 2021, 05:44:34 pm »

Healing effects undo a given quantity of damage per tick, as opposed to instantly restoring creatures to full health. My guess is that you need to either drastically raise that SEV to enable more damage reduction per unit time, and/or prolong the effect duration to give the effect more time over which to undo damage (though this will of course be offset by any new wounds received in combat if the rate is too low).
It still does absolutely nothing even if I make the severity 1000.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 61