Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 61

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!  (Read 137615 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!
« Reply #720 on: August 13, 2021, 03:46:26 am »

The randomly generated demons and Forgotten Beasts and Titans cannot be altered, but they can be exported from save file to text editor.
Also, I have no idea how one would command any creature or civilization to go attack angels.

Im sure [FEATURE_BEAST] for FB's is usable as a token but i've never really found the time or perfect creature to try it on. Using the Squamous method if nothing else fits of giving it a normal animal ranges (which in his fall mod has UNIQUE_DEMON's living as terrestrial cave monsters) and then removing the forgotten beasts from w.g options to make room for the newcomers.

Titans can't be defined however, there's still too little we know about the successful application of these tags toady's given us since 47.xx .

Angels have attack power way above dwarves all but to the almost almighty supreme continent destroying necromancers, so its very unlikely you can goad a civ into attacking them, happens virtually never naturally.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 03:49:02 am by FantasticDorf »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #721 on: August 13, 2021, 08:12:35 am »

"Titans can't be defined however, there's still too little we know about the successful application of these tags toady's given us since 47.xx ."

Could have sworn that was one of the tokens enabled for modder use amongst other ones that were previously exclusive to procgenned creatures.
I'm personally mostly wondering how custom experiments work, aside from using the [NIGHT_CREATURE] token for them - whether they require specific spheres to be made and/or the [SUPERNATURAL] token.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 13, 2021, 11:51:29 am »

"Titans can't be defined however, there's still too little we know about the successful application of these tags toady's given us since 47.xx ."

Could have sworn that was one of the tokens enabled for modder use amongst other ones that were previously exclusive to procgenned creatures.
I'm personally mostly wondering how custom experiments work, aside from using the [NIGHT_CREATURE] token for them - whether they require specific spheres to be made and/or the [SUPERNATURAL] token.

Squamous uses some interactions to transform the things they interact with afterwards, but in the tokens you could set up [EXPERIMENT_ONLY] interaction entries minus [GENERATED] and then connect the source_hfid to some example experiments.

If every custom necromancer in your world is barcoded to [SOURCE_HFID:1234] with [CREATURE:HF1234_NECROMANCER] and each experiment is respectively put in like [HF/EXP/1234 E_HUMG_/1] with [SOURCE_HFID:1234], it should in theory work with its constituent parts (which like color patterns reads the text directly for input). I do believe that this structuring might be so that worldgen knows when to disable experiments and the behaviour can pan out.

Its kind of a long shot but i've had interest in source_hfid for a while, and i work in the background trying to substantiate a effective use, since you can stamp certain potential trigger conditions like site guardians/unique demons in theory to civs, which i've tried/trying to do in order to generate specific leader circumstances so i can make more of a narrative, like making a Sauron big-bad so he can be gored by a random water buffalo or some circumstance as a premade character.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 13, 2021, 03:49:18 pm »

I’m making a custom race that can create more creatures of the same race through an interaction. I’ve had them make the new creatures tame. How will this work in Fort mode? Will they be citizens of the Fort?
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

umbrelladroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
RAW EDITING ( Creature: Yeti )
« Reply #724 on: August 15, 2021, 12:45:02 pm »

Hi Guys

Have been going around the forums looking for an answer that I just cant get. Maybe some of you can help.

I Like to RP alot with Dwarf Fortress and to do this i need to edit the RAWS.

Specifically "Creature_Standard" Raw File.

So here is my problem.....

I am looking to make Yeti's Trainable so that I can cage them and maybe trade them ( kind of like a labor camp trade ect ).

I have made edits to the RAW .. in the yeti creature i have added Biomes for desert, glacier, forest ect... I increased population and also littersize.. removed [Savage] but for some reason the yetis still are not appearing in any map that i enter.

I am using the Lazy Newb Pack ( specifically "Spacefox" Tileset )

Can someone help me here???

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 15, 2021, 05:07:12 pm »

trying a modded civilisation that I'm making.
Works fine when creating a pocket world.
Generating a large world, it crashed out, no error log, when it was saving the world, having got to the end date.

Any suggestions on what may be happening, and how to fix it ?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: RAW EDITING ( Creature: Yeti )
« Reply #726 on: August 17, 2021, 07:22:42 am »

I am looking to make Yeti's Trainable so that I can cage them and maybe trade them ( kind of like a labor camp trade ect ).
I have made edits to the RAW .. in the yeti creature i have added Biomes for desert, glacier, forest ect... I increased population and also littersize.. removed [Savage] but for some reason the yetis still are not appearing in any map that i enter.
Greetings.
Yeti [SAVAGE][DIFFICULTY:2][FREQUENCY:1]
into --SAVAGE] --DIFFICULTY:2]  [FREQUENCY:90]
so they appear more often.

delete line [BUILDINGDESTROYER:2]

add tags [PET_EXOTIC]   [TRAINABLE]   [MOUNT_EXOTIC].

In my OldGenesis, Yeti Poets often come visiting due to    [INTELLIGENT]   [LOCAL_POPS_PRODUCE_HEROES] --new with 0.42.xx: wild creature can join a civilization.

==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 17, 2021, 02:29:47 pm »

I have some reactions that keep using up entire stacks of meat instead of just one item. Anyway to fix this or am I screwed?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 17, 2021, 03:06:19 pm »

I have some reactions that keep using up entire stacks of meat instead of just one item. Anyway to fix this or am I screwed?

The second value of a reagent is its quantity, ei [REAGENT:A:1: while reagent A is just its referencial name (to call upon later like if a container has reagent x inside it), after that is the arguement for making it.

Setting it to 1 should fix the issue, as instead of pulling a by default as much meat as availible it will decide on exactly 1, unless i've mistook something. I do know eggs can be a finnicky resource in reactions but meat should hopefully be straightfoward.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 18, 2021, 01:24:02 am »

Generally, reactions involving stacks will use up the entire stack (like for example the brewing reactions) unless you use MAX_MULTIPLIER to limit them.

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 18, 2021, 08:22:18 pm »

That did the trick! Thanks.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 01, 2021, 08:43:33 am »

Do syndromes of a material carry over to an item if the material is used as an improvement/decoration?

For example if I'd make a reaction to glaze something edible with another edible ingredient (like syrup) that has a syndrome (ingested) attached to it, would the glazed item then have the syndrome when ingested? Or are improvements merely cosmetic?

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 02, 2021, 03:47:36 pm »

Is there any way to make vampires transmit vampirism through an attack in worldgen but NOT in fortress or adventure mode?

I thought of making it so they only transmit vampirism through an attack for an extremely short period of time, but that relies on temporary symptoms:
1. Being recognized in worldgen.
2. NOT being recognized as being temporary in worldgen.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 03:52:21 pm by ChaosPotato »
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Tinfect

• Bay Watcher
  • Want an Orange?
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 29, 2021, 09:03:04 pm »

Is there a way to make a piece of armor apply to a new limb? Specifically, arms that do not end in hands.

More specifically is there a way to make armor apply to a new limb and still allow it to serve as a weapon? IE; a praying mantis claw in a copper 'sheath' of sorts.
Wizard one casts a Spell, Wizard two casts a Counterspell. Wizard one casts another Spell, Wizard two casts another Counterspell. Army comes along and chops 'em both up.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #734 on: September 30, 2021, 08:05:05 am »

Is there a way to make a piece of armor apply to a new limb? Specifically, arms that do not end in hands.
More specifically is there a way to make armor apply to a new limb and still allow it to serve as a weapon? IE; a praying mantis claw in a copper 'sheath' of sorts.
Kick while wearing a metal boot? Yes.
12-legged spideroctopus wearing metal boots? Yes.
Armor is defined by humanoid limbs though, but you can rename the limbs to different names.
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Armor#Coverage
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 61