Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 61

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!  (Read 138138 times)

Dubya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!
« Reply #780 on: December 02, 2021, 06:17:54 am »

Why doesn't this interaction work? Chaospotato was trying to get the same thing to work a few pages back, but the suggestions given to him don't work for me, nor did he ever update if he got the interaction to work. I can get the syndrome to work in arena mode, but when I use the "Glimpse of the Void" granted ability, nothing actually happens.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The [CAN_DO_INTERACTION] and [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE] sections are obviously located in the creature file, and the interaction token is in the interaction file.

Dubya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 03, 2021, 01:36:06 am »

Why doesn't this interaction work? Chaospotato was trying to get the same thing to work a few pages back, but the suggestions given to him don't work for me, nor did he ever update if he got the interaction to work. I can get the syndrome to work in arena mode, but when I use the "Glimpse of the Void" granted ability, nothing actually happens.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The [CAN_DO_INTERACTION] and [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE] sections are obviously located in the creature file, and the interaction token is in the interaction file.

It turns out that this [CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:ACID:LIQUID_GLOB] can't be done from inside an interaction file, or at least that's what I'm assuming. Changing it to an inorganic material and adding it to my material files fixed the issue.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #782 on: December 03, 2021, 01:47:39 am »

It turns out that this [CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:ACID:LIQUID_GLOB] can't be done from inside an interaction file, or at least that's what I'm assuming. Changing it to an inorganic material and adding it to my material files fixed the issue.

You can use a creature material, it just can't be "local".  [CDI:MATERIAL:CREATURE_MAT:{your creature's id}:ACID:LIQUID_GLOB] should work.
This is generally a better option than defining liquid or gaseous INORGANICS, since titans and forgotten beasts can be generated made of any INORGANIC material, and they will melt when venturing onto the map.
I usually create a "virtual" creature with the [DOES_NOT_EXIST] tag to store all materials that are meant to be used exclusively in interactions.

Dubya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 03, 2021, 02:15:52 am »

You can use a creature material, it just can't be "local".  [CDI:MATERIAL:CREATURE_MAT:{your creature's id}:ACID:LIQUID_GLOB] should work.
This is generally a better option than defining liquid or gaseous INORGANICS, since titans and forgotten beasts can be generated made of any INORGANIC material, and they will melt when venturing onto the map.
I usually create a "virtual" creature with the [DOES_NOT_EXIST] tag to store all materials that are meant to be used exclusively in interactions.

That is indeed the better way to do it. Doing it the way I was trying was ignoring the colors I defined for the material and defaulted to red when flying in the air, although it turned to the correct color once on the ground. Having it a creature mat makes it use the correct color while in the air.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #784 on: December 03, 2021, 08:57:07 am »

Can also put [SPECIAL] on inorganics.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 05, 2021, 08:32:04 pm »

Are the adjectives given in creature names used for anything in game?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #786 on: December 06, 2021, 05:15:16 am »

They are used for a few things, but not very much. Megabeast attacks in worldgen, for instance (an attack from multiple dragons is called a "draconic rampage"). I...can't think of any other examples.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #787 on: December 06, 2021, 10:25:43 am »

They are used for a few things, but not very much. Megabeast attacks in worldgen, for instance (an attack from multiple dragons is called a "draconic rampage"). I...can't think of any other examples.
When the world is genning and it shows a site it'll also use the adjective form i.e "the dwarven hillocks of X" - and for adventure mode when you check your attributes with z it might say "superdwarven strength" - aside from these I don't think the adjective form shows up much.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 06, 2021, 12:59:41 pm »

When the world is genning and it shows a site it'll also use the adjective form i.e "the dwarven hillocks of X" - and for adventure mode when you check your attributes with z it might say "superdwarven strength" - aside from these I don't think the adjective form shows up much.

To add to the list:
deity species is displayed as an adjective in Legends mode (e.g., dwarven deity, feline deity).

memzak

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 02, 2022, 01:20:27 am »

Does adding new reactions / reaction categories require you to create a new world? I can modify a reaction and load up a save to use the new reaction with my adventurer without issue; but no matter how I try to add a new one to the list (new ID and all) it doesn't appear when loading up a save.

I currently have the adhoc solution of just restarting the game and editing an already present directly whenever I want to do a reaction that isn't available.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 02, 2022, 02:59:38 am »

Does adding new reactions / reaction categories require you to create a new world? I can modify a reaction and load up a save to use the new reaction with my adventurer without issue; but no matter how I try to add a new one to the list (new ID and all) it doesn't appear when loading up a save.

I currently have the adhoc solution of just restarting the game and editing an already present directly whenever I want to do a reaction that isn't available.
New reactions will indeed require creating a new world.

The dfhack script devel/inject-raws exists for adding some things such as reactions into existing worlds, but I can't comment on its effectiveness since I've never used it.

memzak

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 02, 2022, 06:17:34 am »

Thankeee for the advice, I thought it might be something along those lines! I'll backup my save and try out data/inject-raws to see if that does the trick  :)

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 05, 2022, 04:45:44 pm »

If I add necromancer powers (copy the vanilla ones minus any generated ones) to a new creature, will they get used during world gen? Or do they have to be part of a learned secret/curse for this to happen?
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #793 on: March 06, 2022, 10:17:46 am »

If I add necromancer powers (copy the vanilla ones minus any generated ones) to a new creature, will they get used during world gen? Or do they have to be part of a learned secret/curse for this to happen?
Simple to test: give all dwarves and elves the powers, and set secrets number in worldgen to zero, then run for 300 years. If necro stuff happened in the legends, the manually added necropowers did it.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Qev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 18, 2022, 08:57:17 pm »

I've defined a new inorganic material (currently using the stone template), and I'd like for it to wind up in BAR stockpiles, but I'm not sure how to go about getting it to show up there.  Is my only option to pretend it's a metal and then try to keep it out of all the metal applications?

Edit: defining it as a metal worked, though it does rather clutter up the metal bars list... XD
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 10:27:16 pm by Qev »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 61