Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 61

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!  (Read 138354 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!
« Reply #795 on: April 27, 2022, 02:25:18 am »

What exactly makes a plant gatherable? Trying to get exposed pipe "plants" get gathered so they can be used at a workshop later for cleaning into a usable weapon, but it seems they can't be gathered.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 27, 2022, 03:16:03 am »

What exactly makes a plant gatherable? Trying to get exposed pipe "plants" get gathered so they can be used at a workshop later for cleaning into a usable weapon, but it seems they can't be gathered.
If I'm remembering what I learned from the florans, it's something like they need some economic use of some form, otherwise they're ignored.
I know for certain if it has either EDIBLE_RAW or EDIBLE_COOKED then it will be gathered (if one is on the plant's structural mat, it will be gathered; if it's on a growth material then that growth will be gathered), but I haven't looked into other things, such as use tokens (DRINK, MILL, THREAD, EXTRACT_*), or including reaction classes on the materials (from what I've heard, that's how some stones get flagged as economic stone).

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #797 on: April 27, 2022, 04:11:34 am »

If I'm remembering what I learned from the florans, it's something like they need some economic use of some form, otherwise they're ignored.
I know for certain if it has either EDIBLE_RAW or EDIBLE_COOKED then it will be gathered (if one is on the plant's structural mat, it will be gathered; if it's on a growth material then that growth will be gathered), but I haven't looked into other things, such as use tokens (DRINK, MILL, THREAD, EXTRACT_*), or including reaction classes on the materials (from what I've heard, that's how some stones get flagged as economic stone).
Ahh, thought so. Thanks!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 27, 2022, 02:16:38 pm »

Ahh, thought so. Thanks!

Can confirm, adding a reaction class to the plant's material did the job. Probably needs a reaction paired with it, didn't test if it wouldn't or not, but slapped it on and the herbalists happily ripped pipes out of the ground, ready for turning into beating sticks.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #799 on: April 29, 2022, 07:02:10 am »

According to the wiki syndrome page, high levels of syndrome-inflicted bruising will result in the targeted body part being destroyed.  This would be quite nice for my purposes but I have been unable to make it happen.  Are there circumstances that allow a syndrome to destroy or mangle a body part or is the wiki just wrong?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 29, 2022, 05:07:35 pm »

To my knowledge that's just plain wrong. Swelling will turn into necrosis which can be fatal, but bruising and blistering are only a temporary effects that don't ramp up into anything lethal, and will heal once the syndrome ends
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gnomedevourer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 29, 2022, 06:57:25 pm »

It is, I did some testing and it just causes heavy bruising to stuff at best, nothing more can really come from it from it as far as I know-
tried to balance a mod, once upon a time, fell and scraped my knee, ain't doing that again.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile

Okay, here we go!

I am about to mod the game myself for the first time. Pls hold my hand am scared I am adding religious belief to goblins and kobolds. I don't see any tags associated with religion in their raws. Should I just copy and paste the dwarves onto them, modify the spheres and call it a day. Will that work?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, here we go!

I am about to mod the game myself for the first time. Pls hold my hand am scared I am adding religious belief to goblins and kobolds. I don't see any tags associated with religion in their raws. Should I just copy and paste the dwarves onto them, modify the spheres and call it a day. Will that work?

It turns out that was how it exactly worked. Now even elves have gods, instead of those boring, forceless forces.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile

When a growth is available all year round (i.e. it has no defined GROWTH_TIMING), when does it regrow after being harvested?
Is it the start of a new year? Start of a season? One year after its gathered? Never?

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This might not be the right thread for this question, technically speaking. But it's somewhat tangentially relevant.

I was browsing the RAWs and came across a comment I don't think I fully understand.

For certain ores of metal, like specifically native gold and native platinum, theres a comment next [MAX_EDGE] that reads, "no swords until you can pick mats."

What was Toad going for when he wrote this comment?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This might not be the right thread for this question, technically speaking. But it's somewhat tangentially relevant.

I was browsing the RAWs and came across a comment I don't think I fully understand.

For certain ores of metal, like specifically native gold and native platinum, theres a comment next [MAX_EDGE] that reads, "no swords until you can pick mats."

It is a mystery forever lost to the vast, unfathomable mind of Toady.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile

So normally the base game reactions for making edged weapons require the material they're being made out of to be able to hold a certain amount of edge. I imagine the original intention of adding in MAX_EDGE was to prevent the game from automatically using materials that would be terrible for an edged weapon, because there wasn't any way for the player to specify the material they want to use to make it. Nowadays you can almost always manually specify the materials you want to use in a reaction, though there are still some areas where you can't, so maybe sometime soon we'll be free to make crappy golden swords to our heart's content without having to wait for a strange mood.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So maybe sometime soon we'll be free to make crappy golden swords to our heart's content without having to wait for a strange mood.

This theoretically is just a forge related problem that is too important to AI resource generation to remove (since the same rules that attribute it working apply in w.g item accessibility), pseudo craft-workshops don't experience this at all and can make metal out of any reaction class of selected materials.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

So maybe sometime soon we'll be free to make crappy golden swords to our heart's content without having to wait for a strange mood.

This theoretically is just a forge related problem that is too important to AI resource generation to remove (since the same rules that attribute it working apply in w.g item accessibility), pseudo craft-workshops don't experience this at all and can make metal out of any reaction class of selected materials.

It's actually none of this, and it has nothing to do with metals. The reason is because these are stone materials and, by default, the only stone material that you should be allowed to make swords out of is obsidian. Native gold and native platinum technically meet most of the requirements that the game has for allowing stone swords, but they explicitly have MAX_EDGE lowered to prevent this. The point is moot now that you can select specific materials for jobs, of course, but back in 2010 when those raws were made, it would've been a problem, with any fort having native platinum/gold around being essentially randomly making those instead of obsidian swords.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 61