Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 61

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!  (Read 138332 times)

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!
« Reply #825 on: July 10, 2022, 12:01:47 am »

I am working on a mod to make every civilization be populated by beak dogs, but don't know what I'd need to change to make armor fit their size.

Is there a way to mod armor size, or do smiths automatically size everything?

(I am going to add in grasping, intelligent, can open doors, and so on.)

Edit, I also need to learn how to set up grasping parts on a body.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 03:01:54 am by Zavvnao »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 10, 2022, 06:01:42 am »

I am working on a mod to make every civilization be populated by beak dogs, but don't know what I'd need to change to make armor fit their size.

Armor auto-sizes to the smith by default (same with clothes), but there is a loose directory of size to fits in the 'details' (its not the best list and its hardcoded)

[GRASP] handles it in body tokens which could be done a couple of ways if you dont just add the arm-parts to the body-structure but then it might be gradually moving them towards beak-dog-men (there's a Creature Variation file setting that does the other animalpeople you could use to speed-do this) or a gorlak like body-structure with out of proportion arms and legs which is a bit more complicated.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 10, 2022, 03:47:51 pm »

Can VERMIN, REMAINS or FISH items be used as reagents in reactions at all? They work as products alright. However, when using the same item and material tokens the workshop shows it as a required reagent (as should), but displays the reaction and reagent as red even though the required reagents/items are available.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: July 10, 2022, 06:33:43 pm »

Armor auto-sizes to the smith by default (same with clothes), but there is a loose directory of size to fits in the 'details' (its not the best list and its hardcoded)

[GRASP] handles it in body tokens which could be done a couple of ways if you dont just add the arm-parts to the body-structure but then it might be gradually moving them towards beak-dog-men (there's a Creature Variation file setting that does the other animalpeople you could use to speed-do this) or a gorlak like body-structure with out of proportion arms and legs which is a bit more complicated.

Thank you. I am sometimes slow with learning these things, but I thin k Ican do that. I just got confused as when I looked in standard files for dwarves, elves, etc, there was no [Grasp] token. how is it they are making dwarves grab things without grasp tokens?

But yes, I could put grasp on a beak or maybe the paws being more dexterous.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 10, 2022, 08:08:51 pm »

Thank you. I am sometimes slow with learning these things, but I thin k Ican do that. I just got confused as when I looked in standard files for dwarves, elves, etc, there was no [Grasp] token. how is it they are making dwarves grab things without grasp tokens?

[EQUIPS] is the creature token, while [GRASP] is on the body-tokens. Its been a while since i've had to look for the explanation behind those particular ones to refresh my memory.  [EQUIPS] puts them into clothes, earrings, crowns etc and weapons, and will 'enable' them to [GRASP] once you sort out that beak-mouth/paws to hold weapons too.

Tyxaar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled artist, adequate modder, great Necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 11, 2022, 05:21:40 am »

Heyo, how would I go about making a new type of fuel? I'm having it so the venom of a creature of mine can be made into a type of fuel, and I'm not sure how to make it distinct from charcoal and coke.

The reaction to make it
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My material for the fuel

The creature that makes it

Note: With the setup just posted, I get this error message:
Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction MAKE_FIRESTONE
Unrecognized Coal Token: FIRESTONE
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 05:23:54 am by Tyxaar »
Heyo! I'm Tyxaar, I go by she/her, and I'm an Australian digital artist.
I enjoy modding, games, art, TTRPGs, and other various nerdy stuff.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 11, 2022, 06:44:37 am »

Heyo, how would I go about making a new type of fuel? I'm having it so the venom of a creature of mine can be made into a type of fuel, and I'm not sure how to make it distinct from charcoal and coke.

Coal is a hardcoded material. The Wiki lists CHARCOAL, COKE, or NO_MATGLOSS as valid arguments. It's not possible to add your own fuel type to that list, afaik (or unless there's some DFHack way, but that's beyond me).

Tyxaar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled artist, adequate modder, great Necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 11, 2022, 07:27:43 am »

Coal is a hardcoded material. The Wiki lists CHARCOAL, COKE, or NO_MATGLOSS as valid arguments. It's not possible to add your own fuel type to that list, afaik (or unless there's some DFHack way, but that's beyond me).

Ah welp. Seems like we're having coal now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Heyo! I'm Tyxaar, I go by she/her, and I'm an Australian digital artist.
I enjoy modding, games, art, TTRPGs, and other various nerdy stuff.

Geldrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 12, 2022, 06:39:04 am »

Here's a theoretical question about interactions (pardon me if it was asked 1000x already): is it possible to add interactions to items?
I want to add material emission interactions to weapons which the AI can use in fortress mode.

I'm currently researching the possibility to create weapons (magical staves and bows, for example) that can fire special projectiles, like multi-projectile shots, flame cones or webs. As far as I know, all these interactions can be added to creature entities, but I can't find any examples where weapons provide the same functionality.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 12, 2022, 06:51:17 am »

Here's a theoretical question about interactions (pardon me if it was asked 1000x already): is it possible to add interactions to items?

No, currently it's not possible.

(I believe you can add syndromes to weapons with DFHack, but I don't know how that works.)

Geldrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 12, 2022, 06:58:29 am »

(I believe you can add syndromes to weapons with DFHack, but I don't know how that works.)

You mean adding contact poison syndromes to weapons which can grant abilities to creatures?

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 13, 2022, 01:32:04 am »

You mean adding contact poison syndromes to weapons which can grant abilities to creatures?
With DFhack you can dynamically add / remove access to interactions based on what items they're using (so you could give them access to particular spells while they're wielding a certain type of wand). I could've sworn there was something out of the box for this, but the closest thing I can find at the moment is modtools/item-trigger. It's a shame that I got bored / too indecisive when I was making a Guild Wars adaptation (I couldn't decide what way I wanted to implement magic), because I was going to make a whole resource for handling spell-granting items and special magical effects that would be very useful right now... >_>

Edit: In fact, I might throw something basic together. Sure, today was going to be the day I was supposed to actually knuckle down and fully focus on a project I've been slowly dragging out because I can't focus on things, but I'm sure that can wait :P
Edit Edit: And by "might throw something basic together" I mean I currently am working on a script for it.
Edit Edit Edit: I finished it and got everything ready for release, only to decide that it'd be better off using item-trigger and trying to make adjustments for reliability...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 05:12:58 am by Atkana »

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 23, 2022, 07:22:21 pm »

[EQUIPS] is the creature token, while [GRASP] is on the body-tokens. Its been a while since i've had to look for the explanation behind those particular ones to refresh my memory.  [EQUIPS] puts them into clothes, earrings, crowns etc and weapons, and will 'enable' them to [GRASP] once you sort out that beak-mouth/paws to hold weapons too.
I forgot to say thank you. I will get to work on this when I can. and hopefully I will have something to share in modding.

hopefullynotobvious

• Bay Watcher
  • Stumbling around obliviously
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 28, 2022, 10:28:16 am »

Does the [ATTACK] token for ammunition affect using the ammunition as a melee weapon, ranged attacks made with the ammunition or both?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #839 on: July 30, 2022, 08:09:04 am »

Does the [ATTACK] token for ammunition affect using the ammunition as a melee weapon, ranged attacks made with the ammunition or both?
bolts being ITEM_AMMO makes them ammo, I believe. Can't melee with an arrow.
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Ammo_token

[ITEM_AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS]
[NAME:bolt:bolts]
[CLASS:BOLT]
[SIZE:80]
[ATTACK:EDGE:19:1890:stab:stabs:NO_SUB:1000] "tore muscle, bruised stomach" of a duck.
   [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]

But you can add a "bayonet" to your crossbows:
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 61