Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 61

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!  (Read 138402 times)

thegamezbeplayed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!
« Reply #855 on: August 18, 2022, 12:35:41 pm »

Can anyone assist with my post above? I guess it boils down to are furnaces handled differently than custom workshops? I cant get my overrides to actually override

EDIT i resolved the issue i was under the impression that the datatypes were from df itself but theres a full write up and explaination on twbt https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt#tables

I needed to use FURNACE_CUSTOM when using a furnace not workshop_custom. might seem obvious but i didnt know that existed and no one else uses that for overrides.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 03:25:33 pm by thegamezbeplayed »

JPapas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: October 05, 2022, 11:52:30 am »

Trying to see if there's a way to change the materials weapons are made of by civs, especially for adventurer mode. For example, bows being made out of wood.

Qev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: October 14, 2022, 11:35:19 pm »

I'm guessing the answer is "no" but I'll inquire anyway. :D

Is there any way to get (usable!) clay to generate as clusters or veins in stone layers?  I can get it to appear, but it can't be zone collected.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: October 15, 2022, 02:03:46 pm »

That's because if it's mined out the floor left behind is the bedrock material. Sometimes dwarves can collect from a wall, try leaving a few tiles of it unmined and include them in the collection zone
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Qev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: October 15, 2022, 05:04:47 pm »

That's because if it's mined out the floor left behind is the bedrock material. Sometimes dwarves can collect from a wall, try leaving a few tiles of it unmined and include them in the collection zone
Sadly that doesn't seem to work either; clay can't be collected from walls like sand can, only floors.  If I do finagle things using DFHack to get the floors to be made of the clay, it still shows "0 clay" in collection zones.

Gnomedevourer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: October 17, 2022, 08:29:46 pm »

How does wool and yarn work? I can make creatures able to be sheared but I can't seem to make it where their hair can be spun and made into yarn actually, it just doesn't recognize them for some reason.

tried to balance a mod, once upon a time, fell and scraped my knee, ain't doing that again.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: October 17, 2022, 09:13:02 pm »

How does wool and yarn work? I can make creatures able to be sheared but I can't seem to make it where their hair can be spun and made into yarn actually, it just doesn't recognize them for some reason.

Have you added YARN to the creatures' hair material?

Like this:
Code: [Select]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:HAIR]
[YARN]

You also have to define the shearable tissue (though you probably already have done this):

[SELECT_CASTE:ALL] (example from sheep)
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:HAIR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:WHITE:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:wool:SINGULAR]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:wool:SINGULAR]
[APP_MOD_RATE:1:DAILY:0:300:0:0:NO_END]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:10:50:100:150:200:300]
[SHEARABLE_TISSUE_LAYER:LENGTH:300]

Gnomedevourer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: October 17, 2022, 11:03:06 pm »

Have you added YARN to the creatures' hair material?
I have, but it still isn't working for some reason, the creature's relevant code is
[SELECT_MATERIAL:HAIR]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:wool]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:wool]
[YARN]
[SELECT_TISSUE:HAIR]
[TISSUE_NAME:wool:NP]

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:HAIR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:WHITE:1:BLACK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:wool:SINGULAR]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:wool:SINGULAR]
[APP_MOD_RATE:1:DAILY:0:250:0:0:NO_END]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:10:50:100:150:200:300]
    yet whenever I select the the spin thread job (after shearing so i know they have it's wool) they simply ignore it and it throws a "needs unrotten hair/wool body part" at me it only has the hair on it's back if that's somehow relevant
tried to balance a mod, once upon a time, fell and scraped my knee, ain't doing that again.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: October 17, 2022, 11:42:47 pm »

Do you have the "shearable tissue length" token as well, with its value set below the max length of the tissue? I don't see that in your code there.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gnomedevourer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: October 18, 2022, 04:11:02 pm »

Do you have the "shearable tissue length" token as well, with its value set below the max length of the tissue? I don't see that in your code there.

oops, that got cut out of the segment I sent, but yes, it is there, I'm gonna redo the creature from the top down and see if it works after that

edit: got it to work finally, after redoing the creature from scratch, still not sure what was making them not able to spin the yarn!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 08:19:08 pm by Gnomedevourer »

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: October 21, 2022, 08:52:24 pm »

Has there been any documentation/discussion released on how modding will work for the steam version including sprites?

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #866 on: October 22, 2022, 06:58:39 am »

There has been some in the devlogs and the FotF replies, including the idea that they might release the formatting early for modders to prepare. But in large they've avoided going into details because it's been unclear how much of the formatting would change. Dunno if showing it is still in the plans before the initial release.

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: October 28, 2022, 07:31:39 pm »

Is there an actively maintained RAW validator?
Not here at the moment

Vindcara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 01, 2022, 05:33:00 pm »

Is there any method of editing the growing seasons for one plant, pig tails for example, without conflicting with other mods that edit a different plant in the same file?
as in, right now I make pig tails grow year round by editing plant_standard.txt, but presumably anyone who edits plump helmets would have there own version of that same file, and only one of our mods could be used at a time, is there a solution to this?

(I have some personal QoL edits I thought I might make available once steam release hits, but I want them to be maximally compatible)

brushapocalypse

• Bay Watcher
  • creatures creaching
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 02, 2022, 11:51:12 am »

Is there any method of editing the growing seasons for one plant, pig tails for example, without conflicting with other mods that edit a different plant in the same file?
as in, right now I make pig tails grow year round by editing plant_standard.txt, but presumably anyone who edits plump helmets would have there own version of that same file, and only one of our mods could be used at a time, is there a solution to this?

(I have some personal QoL edits I thought I might make available once steam release hits, but I want them to be maximally compatible)

To my knowledge, as the raws currently work, the only way I can think of would be to manually enter the file and find the individual plants to replace them. IIRC, Toady's mentioned making some changes to make managing mods a little easier, but I don't remember if that includes picking and choosing individual sections inside of files. Such a situation seems very likely to result in raws-duplication-based !!Fun!!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 61