Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!  (Read 146888 times)

GadgetPatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!
« Reply #900 on: January 13, 2023, 06:44:32 pm »

I'm trying to make some custom reactions that use skulls specifically, rather than just any bone. For example, the below targets any bone, and I'd like to get it more specific if possible (mostly for vibes-based reasons).

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_SKULL_GOBLET]
[NAME:make bone goblet out of skull]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
[REAGENT:bone:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL][UNROTTEN]
[PRODUCT:100:1:GOBLET:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:bone:NONE]
[PRODUCT_TOKEN:goblet]
[MAX_MULTIPLIER:1]
[SKILL:BONECARVE]

Skulls seem to be a weird case? They're defined as [TOTEMABLE] at the body-part level, but don't have an associated material or item type I can find, or any reaction token I've found that corresponds to TOTEMABLE.

Anyone got ideas for how to target skulls as reagents, or is it just another inaccessible hardcoded thing? Thanks!

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: January 13, 2023, 09:50:17 pm »

It's doable.

Make material & tissue templates for skulls, then add them to creatures using body detail plans (you'll have to set materials, tissues and tissue layers) or do the same for individual creatures (but then it won't affect generated creatures).

I might be forgetting something, but several mods use this method so maybe check how they've done it? (At least Adventurecraft used something like this, iirc.)

...It's also possible there's a simpler way.

Tuna-Fish

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 18, 2023, 10:24:37 pm »

Here's a dumb question: Are all the vanilla workshops found somewhere? Is there any way to modify them?

In 50.x, all workshop tiles are passable. This is a problem for magma-powered ones, because a stray sock dropping into magma from the open tile will produce magma mist and ignite your legendary weaponsmiths. I thought I'd just mod the impassable tiles back in, but to my surprise only 2 of the buildings seem to be found in raws.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 18, 2023, 10:29:31 pm »

Nope. Not yet at least.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 18, 2023, 11:36:06 pm »

My error log after generating a world using my mod (in 50.05) says this:

Code: [Select]
ospreys: Null Pop Num
alligators: Null Pop Num
longnose gars: Null Pop Num
sea lampreys: Null Pop Num
carp: Null Pop Num
alligator snapping turtles: Null Pop Num
pike: Null Pop Num
steelhead trout: Null Pop Num
salmon: Null Pop Num
perch: Null Pop Num
char: Null Pop Num

And other such variations. Not every time, but quite often, though the world seems to generate OK.
Any idea what may cause it and if I should worry about it?

tnuhnivad

• Bay Watcher
  • <dorf> has been possessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: January 19, 2023, 05:02:27 pm »

I want my tweaked large scale continent gen to be dominated by types of dragons. Maybe 75% Dragons and 50% cave dragons or somewhere around those %'s in terms of relative beasts/location.
One would set the dragons to [FREQUENCY:100] and to appear in every type of biome. And set other animal frequencies to lower. (dragon:100, lynx:1, wolf:1, parrot:1, emu:1, frog:1 etc... total sum of freq = 200 ish)

Get a good code editor (Notepad++, Crimson Editor, Emerald Editor) and start editing your game's raws...
(find string in all files: FREQUENCY)
Cannot change the dragon stuff in worldgen-init-file.

AWESOME; thank you, I'm going to try this. I found 'Enemy Posts Assorted Creatures Pack' and borrowed/modified dragons, cave, dragons, and added various dragon types. I use Notepad++ for everything but MS Vstudio has a nice DF raw/mod checker add-on

xzaxza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 07, 2024, 03:22:13 am »

I'm wondering about SELECT_SYMBOL. The wiki says so:
Causes the entity to more often use these symbols in the particular SYM set.
...but how often exactly? I tried it, and saw creatures with almost identical names, and it was kind of lame. Is there some kind of sweet spot? Does the order matter? Like if you put [SELECT_SYMBOL:ALL:ARTIFICE] before other symbol definitions, or after them? And does selecting ALL affect creature names the same way as [SELECT_SYMBOL:REMAINING:ARTIFICE] does, supposing whatever defines them (OTHER?) isn't defined?

And can you use SUBSELECT_SYMBOL without an explicit SELECT_SYMBOL before it? Like, does SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:ALL work or even make any sense?

furthermore, can you do something like this:

[SELECT_SYMBOL:CIV:NAME_ENTITY_KINGDOM]
[SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:CIV:BOUNDARY]
[CULL_SYMBOL:CIV:AQUATIC]

Ie., remove the AQUATIC words from the SUBSELECT?

Or does it work only like this?

[SELECT_SYMBOL:CIV:BOUNDARY]
[CULL_SYMBOL:CIV:AQUATIC]
« Last Edit: July 07, 2024, 04:48:45 am by xzaxza »
Known issues
You may get a dwarf that likes bugged stockpiles.

DPh Kraken

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN:she:her:herself][PRONOUN:it:its:itself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 07, 2024, 11:51:02 am »

I'm wondering about SELECT_SYMBOL. ...but how often exactly?

SELECT_SYMBOL means that a name based on the chosen category (CIV, SITE, OTHER, etc) must use a word from that symbol once. If it's a "The X of Y", then the symbol will always be used as "The X" noun, while compound names can put the symbol in either slot. First names (which are linked to the OTHER category alongside site compound names, usually hit with REMAINING after defining everything else) either use all nouns or nouns from the selected symbol, always respecting culls.

SUBSELECT_SYMBOL works the same for compound names, but will be used for "of Y" or as an adjective in "The Y X". It will also not be used to create first names.

Ie., remove the AQUATIC words from the SUBSELECT?
Culling only targets SELECT_SYMBOL. If you want to further limit a subsymbol, all symbols are raw-defined in language files, so feel free to make your own hand-crafted symbol.

I tried it, and saw creatures with almost identical names, and it was kind of lame.

This is the v47 modding thread, so specific to that version there's bugs with the SUBSELECT_SYMBOL tag - I've had issues where practically every orc was named "Gaisk", and so on with modded civs I gave subsymbols to. I don't know the precise logic, since it all works well and good as I described in v50 and all I took away from it is to not use SUBSELECT_SYMBOL on OTHER and/or REMAINING.
[CHEESE_PLANT] and [CHEESE_GRAPHICS] biggest fan
My mods:
Language & symbolsMiscellanyGraphics resourcesPseudo-ASCII

xzaxza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 07, 2024, 01:53:54 pm »

Okay, thanks, this is very useful. I'm playing with 0.47.05, so I guess some of those thingies are bugged then. Maybe SELECT_SYMBOL and CULL_SYMBOL are enough in practice. Hand-crafting symbol sets seems bit excessive, though I guess I'll try that too at some point.
Known issues
You may get a dwarf that likes bugged stockpiles.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 16, 2024, 11:24:01 pm »

Is there anything else required to trigger necromancer-like behavior in worldgen, besides high anxiety, low trust, and, obviously, being able to animate corpses?
(Note: I don't think an interaction HAS to be a secret to cause tower-building, apparently mummies will occasionally do it.)

I'm trying to make vampires build towers like necromancers do, but they're still just getting driven out of towns and eventually murdered like usual, instead of doing anything necromancer-like.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #910 on: August 09, 2024, 08:57:07 am »

Is there anything else required to trigger necromancer-like behavior in worldgen, besides high anxiety, low trust, and, obviously, being able to animate corpses?
(Note: I don't think an interaction HAS to be a secret to cause tower-building, apparently mummies will occasionally do it.)

I'm trying to make vampires build towers like necromancers do, but they're still just getting driven out of towns and eventually murdered like usual, instead of doing anything necromancer-like.

*Also noticing in legends, my vampires are going to monastery's and then producing written works from there, kinda funny and neat.

Modify the vampire creature size to 700000 or more and they should build Towers, if you have a [MAXAGE:N:N] set in the creature raw, and a secret for them to learn. Probably not the answer you're looking for though.

Okay with further testing vampire do create Tower but it is exceedingly rare and I had to give them immense tower building benefits to make them do it.
https://imgur.com/a/3U6ZEWY
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]