Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 61

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!  (Read 136252 times)

Scruiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2020, 09:38:52 am »

Also, if there isn't, the token MAGICAL will be useful for summons, since it has no actul use AFAIK.

A bit of a pain that the summoning interaction happens to have the limitation of "only random creatures not on the blacklist", but if it can be made to consistently spawn a debug creature and transform it/give it interactions, it'll open up a whooole lot of interaction loops that I believe were entirely dependent on dfhack before to work i think.

So we could use the MAGICAL token on the debug creature which then gets transformed into the appropriate creature with a secondary transformation (assuming you can target just summoned creatures?).  If you can't target just summoned creatures, maybe you could spread an AOE effect with an instant syndrome that only transforms the debug creature (maybe using the TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW aimed at the summon location, or the new weather effect to summon a mist which only transforms the debug creature?

The summons argument takes multiple restrictions right?  So you could use the MAGICAL token in conjunction with tokens that have minimal effects on newly summoned creatures to further specify the desired summons.  Actually, since you can also blacklist tokens, you can get 2^tokens number of specifiable summons based on the exact combination of and presence/absence of tokens.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 09:40:45 am by Scruiser »
Things I have never done in Dwarf Fortress;

- Won.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2020, 10:26:49 am »

Also, if there isn't, the token MAGICAL will be useful for summons, since it has no actul use AFAIK.

A bit of a pain that the summoning interaction happens to have the limitation of "only random creatures not on the blacklist", but if it can be made to consistently spawn a debug creature and transform it/give it interactions, it'll open up a whooole lot of interaction loops that I believe were entirely dependent on dfhack before to work i think.

So we could use the MAGICAL token on the debug creature which then gets transformed into the appropriate creature with a secondary transformation (assuming you can target just summoned creatures?).  If you can't target just summoned creatures, maybe you could spread an AOE effect with an instant syndrome that only transforms the debug creature (maybe using the TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW aimed at the summon location, or the new weather effect to summon a mist which only transforms the debug creature?

The summons argument takes multiple restrictions right?  So you could use the MAGICAL token in conjunction with tokens that have minimal effects on newly summoned creatures to further specify the desired summons.  Actually, since you can also blacklist tokens, you can get 2^tokens number of specifiable summons based on the exact combination of and presence/absence of tokens.
Good point. NO_AUTUMN works as a summon limiter, and it has no effects on creatures that don't appear anywhere naturally, I believe.
I assume that NO_SPRING, NO_SUMMER, and NO_WINTER would also work.

EDIT: By the way, SMALL_RACE is not a creature token, but giving a creature the class SMALL_RACE doesn't seem to allow them to be summoned that way.
I have no idea why SMALL_RACE is a forbidden flag in the example.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 10:31:55 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2020, 10:31:39 am »

I can't seem to get item summoning to work with a location, but it works with a creature, and can summon water. That is, [IE_ITEM:100:3000:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:WATER:NONE] creates a tile of water on your target. Presumably it does magma as well.

Can you post that interaction.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2020, 11:20:21 am »

I can't seem to get item summoning to work with a location, but it works with a creature, and can summon water. That is, [IE_ITEM:100:3000:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:WATER:NONE] creates a tile of water on your target. Presumably it does magma as well.

Seconded.

Is there a way to put a syndrome on a creature as it is summoned?
I want a way to make the MAGICAL creature transform into the desired creature easily, and also I gave dwarves the ability to summon dwarves, and in arena two hostile dwarves turned into 260 before I was done, so I want a way to make summoned dwarves unable to speak so they can't themselves summon.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2020, 11:47:00 am »

You cannot target the summoned creature. However, the aoe effect might work. I'll need to test.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2020, 12:25:19 pm »

By the way, SMALL_RACE is not a creature token, but giving a creature the class SMALL_RACE doesn't seem to allow them to be summoned that way.
I have no idea why SMALL_RACE is a forbidden flag in the example.

Maybe SMALL_RACE targets any creature with a small body size. It avoids bogeymen transforming themselves into ducks or fluffy wamblers.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2020, 01:37:59 pm »

*cracks knuckles*

Alright.... as im slowly updating my mod.. ive came to my first fun issue... seems like theres a few positions that cannot be specific for goblins now, seems to be crashing due to them.. time to find out which one it is.. and then find out about the other Fortress/Retreat/City civs...
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2020, 02:19:14 pm »

*cracks knuckles*

Alright.... as im slowly updating my mod.. ive came to my first fun issue... seems like theres a few positions that cannot be specific for goblins now, seems to be crashing due to them.. time to find out which one it is.. and then find out about the other Fortress/Retreat/City civs...

Id take a safe bet at [ESPIONAGE] (unlikely) and any of the new positions in file changes.

Mainly as i loaded a goblin entity up with all of them present in custom defined nobles and crashed on world generation, taking a guess; that a Dark tower has no 'household' to upkeep (id have thought the throne room counted), or place to prepare meals etc & construction and maintenance to facilitate. Might still check out managing beasts abstractly though.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2020, 02:23:55 pm »

You know, I am tempted to actually use some of this magic stuff a bit more extensively, but...I'm not really sure what to do with it. Adventurecraft isn't really a magic mod after all, though alchemy is part of it, so hmm...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2020, 02:26:36 pm »

Here:
Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:OBSIDIANIZE]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:obsidian]
[I_EFFECT:CREATE_ITEM]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ITEM:100:3000:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:WATER:NONE]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ITEM:100:3000:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE]
This will encase any creature in obsidian by summoning water and magma onto it.
If anyone can get it to work with I_TARGET:A:LOCATION instead, let me know.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2020, 02:31:43 pm »

You know, I am tempted to actually use some of this magic stuff a bit more extensively, but...I'm not really sure what to do with it. Adventurecraft isn't really a magic mod after all, though alchemy is part of it, so hmm...
The interaction that pushes stuff away would probably make sense as a melee attack.

From LubedDwarf on the Discord. Supposedly this makes them invincible.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 02:38:57 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2020, 02:33:14 pm »

*cracks knuckles*

Id take a safe bet at [ESPIONAGE] (unlikely) and any of the new positions in file changes.

Mainly as i loaded a goblin entity up with all of them present in custom defined nobles and crashed on world generation, taking a guess; that a Dark tower has no 'household' to upkeep (id have thought the throne room counted), or place to prepare meals etc & construction and maintenance to facilitate. Might still check out managing beasts abstractly though.

Yeah im currently thinking that.. Human and Elf civs seem to work fine with the changes (even adding dungeon master to them). But with goblin it instant crashes, regaurdless of any position from what ive tried.

Unless theres a new way do to custom positions for dart fortress civs... if not that kinda kills being able to play as them... Kinda wish it was included on the file changes so we know what is and isn't allowed anymore with entities.

EDIT: Even making a random new position doesn't seem to do anything but crash.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 03:04:24 pm by Fatace »
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2020, 02:57:51 pm »

You could use something like this, so you could brew a potion that would give you the one time ability to make an artifact weapon.
[INTERACTION:GIFT_WEAPON]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
      [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:obsidian]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [IE_ITEM:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_2H:INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE]
      [IE_ITEM_QUALITY:ARTIFACT]
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2020, 03:06:10 pm »

Yeah, even double checking by making goblins playable thru fortress mode, doesn't seem to show any noble positions.. and if none can be made... making any dark fortress civs playable will seem unplayable to a offensive degree.. ect...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2020, 03:08:10 pm »

Conjuring weapons out of thin air is still...dunno yet. I AM tempted to give elves the ability to magic up a branch made out of some sort of wood-like, elf-kosher material though.

Yeah, even double checking by making goblins playable thru fortress mode, doesn't seem to show any noble positions.. and if none can be made... making any dark fortress civs playable will seem unplayable to a offensive degree.. ect...

You'll need to replace generated positions with raw-defined ones, I've had to do that before when toying with human and goblin civs in some of my unreleased projects.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 61