Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 61

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!  (Read 136281 times)

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2020, 06:30:42 pm »

Summons do not poof without IE_TIME_RANGE

[IE_MAKE_PET_IF_POSSIBLE] makes summons friendly.

Have we tested if item summons can poof?
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2020, 06:42:43 pm »

*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/interaction_standard.txt"
GIFT_WEAPON:Unrecognized Interaction Token: IE_TIME_RANGE

They can't.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2020, 06:50:15 pm »

You should still be able to do it the old way though, by giving the item material a low HEAT_DAM point.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2020, 07:30:28 pm »

How would I go about making a caste that can summon creatures? I'm trying to make Evokers from Minecraft a thing, but I am not quite sure how I would go about doing that.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2020, 07:36:08 pm »

It's the same as summoning for a whole creature, you just put the CAN_DO_INTERACTION and related stuff in the caste. You can only make one summoner per raw this way, though. If they are summoner only, NO_WINTER, NO_SUMMER, NO_SPRING, NO_AUTUMN, CREPUSCULAR, NOCTURNAL, ALL_ACTIVE, and DIURNAL can be combined in a binary to get 256 summoned creatures. Hopefully Toady will add in castes for summoning soon.
How to make a summoner.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 07:41:29 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2020, 03:26:21 am »

A couple neat things:
[IE_ITEM:100:1:SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS:INORGANIC:IRON] gives 2 boots, not one.
Summoned gauntlets are flagged with left and right tags correctly, unlike gauntlets from custom reactions. Unless that's changed too I guess.
Edit: Just tested, reaction made gloves are still broken.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 03:29:21 am by Nahere »

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2020, 05:57:18 am »

Now demons not tame underground creatures? Because I have world with Goblin Age 10000 years old, but goblins only have trolls and beak dogs in their pits.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2020, 06:13:58 am »

Now demons not tame underground creatures? Because I have world with Goblin Age 10000 years old, but goblins only have trolls and beak dogs in their pits.

A oversight of the 'Risen' demonic forces not having fleshed out entity tokens i believe, they're limited without certain positions (who are not busy doing other things like conquering) to go on journeys to domesticate.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2020, 06:26:50 am »

You should still be able to do it the old way though, by giving the item material a low HEAT_DAM point.

Will that make it evaporate, or just wear down to dust very quickly?
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2020, 06:29:42 am »

A oversight of the 'Risen' demonic forces not having fleshed out entity tokens i believe, they're limited without certain positions (who are not busy doing other things like conquering) to go on journeys to domesticate.
Thanks! What I may do to solve this? I need goblins with more mounts and pets.

Also, can I make goblins and subterranean animal people trade by caravans? If I make subterraean animal people BABYSNATCHER, will they trade with goblins in worldgen and after?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2020, 07:02:46 am »

Also, can I make goblins and subterranean animal people trade by caravans? If I make subterraean animal people BABYSNATCHER, will they trade with goblins in worldgen and after?

I dont know any more about the 'Risen' beyond the speculation that they're hardcoded and don't follow [ENTITY:EVIL] at all, or perhaps they are entity evil clones/just new goverment and more configuration is needed by yourself to supply enough tokens like [RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_STRATEGY] that facilitate taming to the goblin civ. More information needs to be found out about them.

Civs with [BABY_SNATCHER] are friendlly to other civs with the tag (going along usual lines and reasoning of ethic comparisons) but this wont allow them to trade animals. Only in fortress mode does the exhange of animals as units take place. Unfortunately in this version its impossible to edit the rate in which they appear or toggle it, so we may have to just rely on Toady to add more controls/caps on 'Risen' forts happening.

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2020, 08:00:34 am »

I dont know any more about the 'Risen' beyond the speculation that they're hardcoded and don't follow [ENTITY:EVIL] at all, or perhaps they are entity evil clones/just new goverment and more configuration is needed by yourself to supply enough tokens like [RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_STRATEGY] that facilitate taming to the goblin civ. More information needs to be found out about them.

Civs with [BABY_SNATCHER] are friendlly to other civs with the tag (going along usual lines and reasoning of ethic comparisons) but this wont allow them to trade animals. Only in fortress mode does the exhange of animals as units take place. Unfortunately in this version its impossible to edit the rate in which they appear or toggle it, so we may have to just rely on Toady to add more controls/caps on 'Risen' forts happening.
So, if I add to goblins more positions with [MILITARY_STRATEGY], they may tame creatures?

But will they trade items? It may be interesting.

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2020, 08:05:41 am »

I test summoning slug man by code from this thread. In arena mode they vanish if assume control.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2020, 09:59:23 am »

This feels like a bug to me. Maybe you should report it.

Specifically about missing entity positions and domestication
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 10:02:11 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2020, 10:15:24 am »

This feels like a bug to me. Maybe you should report it.

Specifically about missing entity positions and domestication

Probably, they also generate their own gods, bloating the world a bit beyond the scope of control, so i think its definitely leaning towards that they're hardcoded.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 61