Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 61

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!  (Read 137699 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2020, 10:20:04 am »

This feels like a bug to me. Maybe you should report it.

Specifically about missing entity positions and domestication

Probably, they also generate their own gods, bloating the world a bit beyond the scope of control, so i think its definitely leaning towards that they're hardcoded.

Should definitely report that
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2020, 11:49:49 am »

Now demons not tame underground creatures? Because I have world with Goblin Age 10000 years old, but goblins only have trolls and beak dogs in their pits.

A oversight of the 'Risen' demonic forces not having fleshed out entity tokens i believe, they're limited without certain positions (who are not busy doing other things like conquering) to go on journeys to domesticate.
Thanks! What I may do to solve this? I need goblins with more mounts and pets.

Also, can I make goblins and subterranean animal people trade by caravans? If I make subterraean animal people BABYSNATCHER, will they trade with goblins in worldgen and after?

I dont know any more about the 'Risen' beyond the speculation that they're hardcoded and don't follow [ENTITY:EVIL] at all, or perhaps they are entity evil clones/just new goverment and more configuration is needed by yourself to supply enough tokens like [RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_STRATEGY] that facilitate taming to the goblin civ. More information needs to be found out about them.

Civs with [BABY_SNATCHER] are friendlly to other civs with the tag (going along usual lines and reasoning of ethic comparisons) but this wont allow them to trade animals. Only in fortress mode does the exhange of animals as units take place. Unfortunately in this version its impossible to edit the rate in which they appear or toggle it, so we may have to just rely on Toady to add more controls/caps on 'Risen' forts happening.

This feels like a bug to me. Maybe you should report it.

Specifically about missing entity positions and domestication

From what I've learn, the Risen stuff is necromancy related... I havnt noticed anything risen wise from demons or dark fortress civs in general.

Entity positions cant be created without it causing a crash. I assume the new ones are hardcoded since a lot of the titles ive seen seem related, and often than not have no effect in general.

Main Dark Fortresses use:
Master (demons position)
Master of beasts
Chancellor
Counselor
Chamberlain
Executioner
Constable
Doctor
Keeper
Advisor
Butler
Justiciar
Chef
Housekeeper
Advisor

With the game also using "High" "Royal" "Head" and "Chief" at times. (assuming this is apart of the new custom positions mentioned by Vordak at the bottom of the first page)

And Other Dark sites only seem to have Lord/Lady.

I really hope theres a work around with this, since this kills alot of Mods that allow any Civ to be playable, cuz Dark Fortress Civs wont be able to defend themselfves lol.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2020, 12:43:20 pm »

Here's some raws from world gen that have stuff not in the example folder.
Spoiler: ghoul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: nightmare (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: experiment (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2020, 12:56:04 pm »

Here's some raws from world gen that have stuff not in the example folder.
Spoiler: ghoul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: nightmare (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: experiment (click to show/hide)

Those are exceptionally useful, thank you!

Possible to find anymore SECRET_GHOUL ? and post those raws? or SECRET_UNDEAD_RES_9 ? (Presumably that makes intelligent undead, and must have something uniwue given intelligent undead maintain their soul)

I wonder what [EXPERIMENT_ONLY] [I_SOURCE:EXPERIMENT] do i wonder if this means we can add our own experiment interactions... Also i havent seen Ghouls in game yet.
EDIT:
Maybe [EXPERIMENT_ONLY] makes it only happen for experiments and doesnt allow the interaction to show in the x menu in adventure mode?

posted https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Interaction_token#Interaction_Definitions
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 01:28:53 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2020, 01:28:14 pm »

Those are exceptionally useful, thank you!

Possible to find anymore SECRET_GHOUL ? and post those raws? or SECRET_UNDEAD_RES_9 ? (Presumably that makes intelligent undead, and must have something uniwue given intelligent undead maintain their soul)

I wonder what [EXPERIMENT_ONLY] [I_SOURCE:EXPERIMENT] do i wonder if this means we can add our own experiment interactions... Also i havent seen Ghouls in game yet.
I have seen ghouls yet. One bit my elephantman companion right after I became a necromancer. Anyway here you go.
Spoiler: SECRET_RES_9 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ghoul 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ghoul 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ghoul_7 (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2020, 01:31:56 pm »

I wonder why they all have [SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED:1000:0] maybe that makes it ally to the necromancer that raises it via some hackiness?
I am an indie game dev!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2020, 01:36:47 pm »

Maybe [EXPERIMENT_ONLY] makes the interaction not show up in the x menu in adventure mode?
What do you mean by that? An interaction only shows up there, I believe, if it has a ce_can_do_interaction. I was able to place them in arena mode with or without the tag if that is what you are asking.

Next, I'm going to test and see if humans won't show up if I place EXPERIMENT_ONLY on them.
EDIT: Oops, its an interaction token, not creature.
EDIT2:When added to a creature action that summoned, it didn't prevent me from using it in arena.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 01:41:54 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2020, 02:20:20 pm »

Maybe [EXPERIMENT_ONLY] makes the interaction not show up in the x menu in adventure mode?
What do you mean by that? An interaction only shows up there, I believe, if it has a ce_can_do_interaction. I was able to place them in arena mode with or without the tag if that is what you are asking.

Next, I'm going to test and see if humans won't show up if I place EXPERIMENT_ONLY on them.
EDIT: Oops, its an interaction token, not creature.
EDIT2:When added to a creature action that summoned, it didn't prevent me from using it in arena.

Hmm maybe it has something to do with how it is used in worldgen than... You would think I_Source:Experiment would handle that fine though, it must do something, right.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 02:25:34 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2020, 04:15:00 pm »

You should still be able to do it the old way though, by giving the item material a low HEAT_DAM point.

Will that make it evaporate, or just wear down to dust very quickly?
It accumulates wear quickly. You might be able to adjust how fast by giving it a MAT_FIXED_TEMP just above the HEAT_DAM.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2020, 06:14:55 pm »

Not registered in raws (entity_default.txt) position tokens:
Hmm, looks like you'd need to use the tokens CUSTOM_OFFICIAL_# currently.  I did not give them good-sounding names.
# 0 = chancellor, 1 = justiciar, 2 = treasurer, 3 = counselor, 4 = chamberlain
5 = master of beasts, 6 = butler, 7 = doctor, 8 = executioner, 9 = chef, 10 = housekeeper

CUSTOM_MARKET_OFFICIAL_#
# 0 = sewer official, 1 = grain official, 2 = fire official, 3 = judge, 4 = building official, 5 = road official

CUSTOM_LAW_MAKER -- this one is ambiguous currently - law-giver, lord/lady, abbot in monastery, castle baron, master (demon)
CUSTOM_OUTCAST_LT -- lieutenant (bandit/villain)
CUSTOM_OUTCAST_FACTOR -- representative (larger criminal gang)
CUSTOM_COMPANY_FACTOR -- factor/agent/governor/administrator (all the same thing, merchant company)
CUSTOM_COMPANY_LEADER -- master/head (merchant company)
CUSTOM_MERCENARY_LEADER -- has a ton of names and is the head of a mercenary/military order
CUSTOM_BANDIT_LEADER -- master/ringleader etc. of bandits
CUSTOM_MILITARY_GOALS -- war leader
CUSTOM_MILITARY_STRATEGY -- general/marshal/constable
CUSTOM_MERCENARY_TREASURER -- treasurer (of military order)
HIGHEST_PRIEST -- holy city priest for any religion, has random name
CUSTOM_LAW_MAKER_2 -- baron for market castles

CUSTOM_GUILD_LEADER -- these four are as they say, the positions in the new crafts guilds
CUSTOM_GUILD_CLERK
CUSTOM_GUILD_STEWARD
CUSTOM_GUILD_ALDERPERSON

« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 06:17:14 pm by Vordak »

Earthbound Modder

• Bay Watcher
  • Sewer Brew Graphical Overhaul Mod, v.50.01 and up
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2020, 08:11:39 pm »

Does anyone know if the "shrine blessing" system can be modded, or point me to how it functions? Being able to use a system like that would be enormously helpful with a mod I'm developing.

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2020, 12:01:17 am »

Does anyone know if the "shrine blessing" system can be modded, or point me to how it functions? Being able to use a system like that would be enormously helpful with a mod I'm developing.

It's in the scope of hardcoded procedural stuff. You might be able to make your own blessing interactions and get them to appear by reducing the number of generated blessings to 0 in advanced world gen, but I don't think you have much more control over it than that.

Earthbound Modder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2020, 12:59:26 am »

It's in the scope of hardcoded procedural stuff. You might be able to make your own blessing interactions and get them to appear by reducing the number of generated blessings to 0 in advanced world gen, but I don't think you have much more control over it than that.

Hey thanks for the response that's super helpful! Are blessings gained through the divination dice, or through another system?

If they're gained by the altar, is that a reaction, or how is it used?

Earthbound Modder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2020, 05:06:25 am »

Also, if there isn't, the token MAGICAL will be useful for summons, since it has no actul use AFAIK.

A bit of a pain that the summoning interaction happens to have the limitation of "only random creatures not on the blacklist", but if it can be made to consistently spawn a debug creature and transform it/give it interactions, it'll open up a whooole lot of interaction loops that I believe were entirely dependent on dfhack before to work i think.

So we could use the MAGICAL token on the debug creature which then gets transformed into the appropriate creature with a secondary transformation (assuming you can target just summoned creatures?).  If you can't target just summoned creatures, maybe you could spread an AOE effect with an instant syndrome that only transforms the debug creature (maybe using the TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW aimed at the summon location, or the new weather effect to summon a mist which only transforms the debug creature?

The summons argument takes multiple restrictions right?  So you could use the MAGICAL token in conjunction with tokens that have minimal effects on newly summoned creatures to further specify the desired summons.  Actually, since you can also blacklist tokens, you can get 2^tokens number of specifiable summons based on the exact combination of and presence/absence of tokens.

Ok, So I was searching through the Future Of The Fortress thread and Toady specified a method of summoning specific creatures! Here's the code to summon  a human that you can test in arena.

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:SUMMON HUMAN]
   [I_TARGET:A:LOCATION]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_LOCATION]
   [I_TARGET:B:LOCATION]
      [IT_LOCATION:RANDOM_NEARBY_LOCATION:A:5]
   [I_EFFECT:SUMMON_UNIT]
      [IE_TARGET:B]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
[CREATURE:HUMAN:ALL]
      [IE_TIME_RANGE:200:300]
[IE_MAKE_PET_IF_POSSIBLE]

and here's a "secret" that would allow you to create a "summoner" class to use it in the arena:

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:SUMMON SECRET]
[I_SOURCE:SECRET]
[IS_NAME:the secrets of congregation]
[IS_SECRET_GOAL:IMMORTALITY]
[IS_SECRET:SUPERNATURAL_LEARNING_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RESEARCH_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_TEACHING_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RECORDING_POSSIBLE:objects/text/book_instruction.txt:objects/text/secret_death.txt]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:Summoner]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0:ABRUPT]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Summon a human]
[CDI:INTERACTION:SUMMON HUMAN]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:DEFEND]
[CDI:VERB:wave wildly:waves wildly:NA]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:10]

[CREATURE:HUMAN:ALL] being the key, the unedited form being:

[CREATURE:<creature name>:<caste name>].

I was fairly excited to post this after it had worked for me several times when tested. With the influx of questions and disappointment coming in regarding inability to summon specific creatures, I'll see if I can get the chance to throw this in the wiki to help others.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2020, 08:45:41 am »

Has anyone figured out a way to have interaction-created items show up in the hands of the creature using the interaction? I was hoping to give certain monsters of mine the ability to summon a "signature weapon" of sorts, which doesn't really work if it lands at their feet.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 61