Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!  (Read 136265 times)

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.47.x General modding questions thread - lots of new stuff!
« Reply #885 on: December 23, 2022, 04:48:15 pm »

I gave vampires an experiment interaction to make more vampires in worldgen, but they never actually use it and there ends up being like two vampires per world (I have regular base-game vampires disabled).
They aren't making generated experiments either, despite me giving them NIGHT_CREATURE_EXPERIMENTER.

How do I get experimenters to actually experiment?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 05:00:33 pm by ChaosPotato »
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 25, 2022, 03:12:16 pm »

I'm trying to make a custom workshop with a custom reaction in 47.05 to carve a stone bed. The workshop isn't showing up in the build menu. I've gone through the wiki pages and can't figure out what is wrong. I've made similar mods in previous versions. Anyone have any ideas?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 25, 2022, 07:06:56 pm »

Do you have [PERMITTED_BUILDING:MOTLAMKIZ] added to the civ [ENTITY:MOUNTAIN] in entity_default.txt?

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 25, 2022, 09:22:37 pm »

Do you have [PERMITTED_BUILDING:MOTLAMKIZ] added to the civ [ENTITY:MOUNTAIN] in entity_default.txt?

Thank you! I knew it had to be something simple I was missing.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 30, 2022, 02:49:59 pm »

Is there a limit on how many materials a given creature can have?

I was trying to simplify animal products into broader categories using a single generic animal creature to hold all of the materials, but after a point, materials are called 'unknown frozen creature substance' or 'unknown frozen plant substance' instead of something like 'reptile' or 'feline' leather. As far as I can tell, the raw formatting is correct, and I haven't duplicated any names.

Spoiler: an embark example (click to show/hide)

tnuhnivad

• Bay Watcher
  • <dorf> has been possessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 30, 2022, 02:56:59 pm »

Hello,

I have this world gen param in DF 47.05 that I've been working on for a while. One gameplay aspect I wish to add to my genereated worlds is more Cave Dragons and 'regular' dragons. I have noticed Cave Dragons are relatively rare and running world gen at enough length to allow for some 'regular' dragons to reach maximum size or close to it often causes what few cave dragons which gen'd with the world to die during world gen.

I want my tweaked large scale continent gen to be dominated by types of dragons. Maybe 75% Dragons and 50% cave dragons or somewhere around those %'s in terms of relative beasts/location.

I'd also like to add a few intelligence aspects to dragons if anyone has experience with this or can recommend mods or pages maybe I missed please do.

Thanks  :)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #891 on: December 30, 2022, 05:59:25 pm »

Is there a limit on how many materials a given creature can have?

I was trying to simplify animal products into broader categories using a single generic animal creature to hold all of the materials, but after a point, materials are called 'unknown frozen creature substance' or 'unknown frozen plant substance' instead of something like 'reptile' or 'feline' leather. As far as I can tell, the raw formatting is correct, and I haven't duplicated any names.

Spoiler: an embark example (click to show/hide)

Interested to know if anything comes out of this. A multiple of two would be my best guess, like 32 or 256. Below are a few lines you should be able to use for testing:

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 30, 2022, 08:14:54 pm »

I added the milk materials into the sheep, plus new milkable tags for each milk material, on an otherwise unmodded world. It looks like only the last milkable tag will be used, so I'll cut out materials and generate new worlds as I go along.

At embark and when in-fort, the sheep produced unknown creature substance.

I jumped down to 128 instances and it seemed to work. Though I don't know the exact point the materials started working again, or even how many materials a sheep has by default. Either way, I'll just break up my generic animal into several generic animals.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 08:26:48 pm by BlackFlyme »

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #893 on: December 31, 2022, 07:31:28 pm »

I added the milk materials into the sheep, plus new milkable tags for each milk material, on an otherwise unmodded world. It looks like only the last milkable tag will be used, so I'll cut out materials and generate new worlds as I go along.

At embark and when in-fort, the sheep produced unknown creature substance.

I jumped down to 128 instances and it seemed to work. Though I don't know the exact point the materials started working again, or even how many materials a sheep has by default. Either way, I'll just break up my generic animal into several generic animals.

I did some testing with a modded copy of the flesh ball, giving it 257 "flesh"/meat materials. The flesh ball doesn't use body detail plans to mass-define materials, and the embark screen (in v50/Premium) showed meats up to "flesh ball flesh 200". I then added three materials for skin, leather, and parchment, and this caused the number to drop to "flesh ball flesh 197". So 200 seems to be a number of importance. In theory, this could be a number separate from the actual limit of materials, a limit to how many show up in the embark screen.

That said, as I actually embarked and got to the stockpile screen, it too also shows only up to 197 (plus the skin, leather, and parchment). Consequently, if the material limit is something other (how do you test that - by butchering a really large animal?), then 200 is still the limit you're usually interested in. Anything above that seemingly won't appear in the menus. This might differ between v50 and v0.47 though, as I did not see any unknown substances.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #894 on: January 02, 2023, 12:37:08 pm »

I want my tweaked large scale continent gen to be dominated by types of dragons. Maybe 75% Dragons and 50% cave dragons or somewhere around those %'s in terms of relative beasts/location.
One would set the dragons to [FREQUENCY:100] and to appear in every type of biome. And set other animal frequencies to lower. (dragon:100, lynx:1, wolf:1, parrot:1, emu:1, frog:1 etc... total sum of freq = 200 ish)

Get a good code editor (Notepad++, Crimson Editor, Emerald Editor) and start editing your game's raws...
(find string in all files: FREQUENCY)
Cannot change the dragon stuff in worldgen-init-file.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Emilovich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: January 02, 2023, 04:01:54 pm »

Hi everyone, I'm trying to update my language overhaul for the Steam version. I can get it to show up in the menus in-game, but it doesn't seem to have any effect when creating a new world. Is it because I need to use the new "cut token" feature now or is it something else? Thanks!

EDIT: Got it to load the mod using CUT_TRANSLATION.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 06:27:50 pm by Emilovich »

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: January 03, 2023, 07:23:17 pm »

Any idea what would happen to a pregnant creature if their gender is changed during pregnancy with a transformation interaction? Will they remain pregnant when changed to a male or nogender caste and give birth normally or would the pregnancy be terminated (or will the game crash)?

Couldn't find any other info than this topic, but that didn't help much.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 04, 2023, 10:46:23 am »

Any idea what would happen to a pregnant creature if their gender is changed during pregnancy with a transformation interaction? Will they remain pregnant when changed to a male or nogender caste and give birth normally or would the pregnancy be terminated (or will the game crash)?

Couldn't find any other info than this topic, but that didn't help much.

They will miscarry immediately

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 10, 2023, 02:17:51 pm »

I'm trying to create a custom secret that adds pyromancy, but... I have absolutely no idea which file I should add these new raws to so I can test it. Google's given me nothing, and world.dat comes up as gibberish in my editor. Have I got to decrypt that file or is there a specific raw I should check?

New to modding so chances are I've been looking in the wrong places, but any advice would be a godsend.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61