Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Fun (or not) divination dice effects?  (Read 13378 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fun (or not) divination dice effects?
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2020, 04:34:51 pm »

The healing effect seems to be bugged. One of my current adventurers got a couple fingers bitten off by goblins. She's got a healing effect active from divination dice. The weird thing is that her missing fingers keep reappearing and disappearing, seemingly at random. I can only imagine how annoying it would be if the same thing happened with an entire limb.

I also got a holy weapon that's an artifact adamantine crossbow. A little disappointing to be sure, but interesting to note that adamantine weapons are a possibility. (though unfortunately, so are training weapons)
Someone reported healed limbs returning on the bug tracker, but attributed it to Fast Travel. Toady tried to replicate it but it didn't work. If you can work out some way to make it happen for sure (or have a couple of  pre-healing, post-healing saves), that might help pin down the issue.

Bug report:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11396

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2020, 05:10:22 pm »

whoops
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 05:13:42 pm by ChaosPotato »
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

AshTheTiefling

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Artist, Adequate Modder, Necromancer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2020, 10:07:08 pm »

I got turned into a snowy owl...
By MY OWN GOD.
(Hoot!)
You know what was happening? The terrifying master, nearly maxed all combat skills, was hitting me with some copper earring. Over and over. It took it few days, but he managed to beat me with copper earring.
Welcome to... Megabeast Park! *Raaawr!*

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2020, 02:48:13 pm »

The healing effect seems to be bugged. One of my current adventurers got a couple fingers bitten off by goblins. She's got a healing effect active from divination dice. The weird thing is that her missing fingers keep reappearing and disappearing, seemingly at random. I can only imagine how annoying it would be if the same thing happened with an entire limb.

I also got a holy weapon that's an artifact adamantine crossbow. A little disappointing to be sure, but interesting to note that adamantine weapons are a possibility. (though unfortunately, so are training weapons)
Someone reported healed limbs returning on the bug tracker, but attributed it to Fast Travel. Toady tried to replicate it but it didn't work. If you can work out some way to make it happen for sure (or have a couple of  pre-healing, post-healing saves), that might help pin down the issue.

Bug report:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11396

In older versions where I used transformations alone to heal, I found that it had to do with whether or not the wound was inflicted by a historical figure. Sometimes the wounds get recorded in legends mode, including for world gen figures, and these are represented when the historical figure is loaded. I think that recording as "this is an injury this historical figure has, it must be represented in play" is preventing the wound from being healed.

I would test with saves showing both wounds you receive from wild animals, vs wounds you receive from a megabeast or night creature, and compare how effective healing is, and check legends mode to see if wounds that fail to heal are also recorded.

In dice news, I keep getting turned into animals. I have rotten luck.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Chai

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Ardent
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2020, 10:41:52 am »

My dwarf was on a quest to rid my boyfriend's fort of undead so he could reclaim it and I went to a nearby fortress to get metal armor first and got sidetracked from rolling dice and being turned into a giant white stork. My stats got jumbled around and I had red text low toughness and strength, but I could still mount a horse. So I rode a horse in the underground briefly before a cave croc bit its face. I then pecked the croc's eyes out while it focused on the horse. I then spent all day, all night, and all the following morning pecking and smacking the croc with my wings until I capped my stork's attributes. Passed out many times. I could then fly at max speed without tiring until very long, and high speed indefinitely.
Also got my bite skill up a lot.
Also my dwarf was female but I was turned into a male stork which was interesting.

Anyway, I felt pretty good about the curse until a stray dog tried to bite me, immediately tearing my gut open with ease. I escaped and was Drowsy, so I slept by an animal trainer who was petting me. I woke up with no wounds, now a dwarf again, and my stats were jumbled again, being neither the stork's nor the original dwarf ones.

What I want to know is: Are my new dwarf stats the same hidden value as the capped stork's, does this mess with built in stat caps and bases, and will it reset after the week ends? I know the bug that unloading a zone makes you lose the transformation, I wish that didn't apply to sleep too, I was planning to endure the curse. I'm just curious if stat changes are temporary and the week ending will change it, and if it modifies my ability to grow further or whatever. If this can be used to cheese my way over a stat cap, that'd be cool. A "curse" that acts as a trial to ultimately make you more powerful for succeeding in it is thematic and unique.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2020, 04:07:46 pm »

Are my new dwarf stats the same hidden value as the capped stork's, does this mess with built in stat caps and bases, and will it reset after the week ends?
If anyone knows, I don't think they've shared. If anyone finds out, they should add a comment to the bug which also mentions stat changes.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]