Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60]

Author Topic: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Epilogue  (Read 49904 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Chapter 6: The Fiercest Warrior
« Reply #885 on: October 18, 2021, 01:47:01 pm »

Lucy looked around at the Warriors.

"Looks to me like you proved yourself wrong. We adventurers - and former adventurers - ARE better than you. Especially you, specifically, four-eyes."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Chapter 1: Hard Day's Night
« Reply #886 on: October 18, 2021, 02:01:40 pm »

"I think that's enough. With that spiel, you'll be the laugh of the town for a week."

Lastelle stops the recording on her tablet and gets to spreading the confession around all the bulletin boards.

"Don't mind me, just putting a stop to this gang war."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 19, 2021, 05:24:37 pm »

Largo camly, yet with contained fury, listened to the confession.

"..."
"... That's the reason?"

He stood up and shifted his head around, making his neck crack twice in the process.

"Dude, I knew little about the world before I joined the Warriors, and I still had the decency to be willing to witness and learn, rather than coming up with unproven theories to make myself feel better and justified in my actions."
"Like, in your boots? If I would have had doubts about the Demon Lord stuff? I'd ask Cassius to volunteer for a week, just to see it with my own eyes if that war is real or not. After all, I, that means you, already know that he participates in it. Plus, how can a guy running soup kitchens be possibly a bad guy upon first inspection?"
"But you didn't want the truth. You only wanted justifications for your own immoral actions. And now you screwed up your entire life. Tried to murder someone and thanks to L there, the whole city will know by evening. So yeah. Think what you want. But fact is, most adventurers don't have ATTEMPTED MURDER on their biography and are thus by default better than you!"

Largo furiously kicked the ground just next to Lowell's head, scattering street dust into the air.

"Really hard to contain myself when it comes to an asshole like you, though! Hope you'll be sent to the war's frontline to see how much of a fucking idiot you were before you spend a long time behind bars!"

He started stomping towards the guild house.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 21, 2021, 10:06:28 am »

"Oh, you big, stupid arrogant-"
"Right, that's enough out of you."
With a quick, sharp punch, Lowell is out cold against the sidewalk. The Boss sighs, getting her foot off of the unconscious Runner boss. The remaining Runners who hadn't fled yet, flee now, the Starlight Soldiers in pursuit.

"Goddesses. What an asshole. Right. L, I assume you've uploaded whatever you've recorded. I'll get Roach and Hare to spread the word around the neighborhood. I'll get my sister to....sis?"

Nico, for her part, has fallen asleep on a bench, softly breathing and using a nearby bag as a pillow.
"...."
The Boss rolls her eyes.
"Sheesh, sis. At least pick somewhere comfy to sleep. It's just like when we were kids. Warriors, I'll be back in a bit. I'll just get her inside to get her in an actual bed instead of a bench outside."
She strolls off, stopping briefly to scoop her sister up like she were made of so many paper bags, leaving the Warriors and their allies alone. Junius sits down on the sidewalk, using his shield to prop himself up.
"....something I've learned tonight."
"You Warriors are good. Real good."
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 10:08:38 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 21, 2021, 11:45:00 am »

"Appreciate the compliment. It's really all a team effort, you know?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Chapter 5: Starlight Legend
« Reply #890 on: October 21, 2021, 02:00:33 pm »

"Don't forget that this was us at our worst, first hung over and then dead tired. You should come see us at our best some time."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 21, 2021, 07:26:01 pm »

"....something I've learned tonight."
"You Warriors are good. Real good."

Lucy winked at him.

"Wanna come in, see what else besides fighting we're good at?"

After a moment she giggled.

"I mean Largo's cooking. This time, anyway."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 22, 2021, 06:25:32 pm »

Noticing that the situation has changed, Largo turned around and walks back to the group.

"I mean, sure, Lucy, but at least let the cook sleep first before he makes a feast."
"Maybe when I've slept for, dunno, 11 hours, we can talk about that. And invite the other people we've met, too. I'm up for a challenge."

He raised his fist and stretched it out to Junius, waiting for a fistbump.

"Anyway, the Drake Park Chiefs ain't slouches either based on what I've seen tonight. I mean, running after a tram AND catching up? That moment, I knew there was a passionate badass in front of me."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 24, 2021, 08:52:40 am »

"Heh. I guess we Chiefs owe you one for saving Cassius."
Junius turns to the two Chiefs that accompanied him, who have just finished heading off the remaining Runners.
"Go home, get some rest. I'll finish up our business here."
Nodding at him, they leave.
"You Warriors are alright. Maybe I'll talk to our boss about working together. Once we go legit, of course."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 29, 2021, 12:47:55 pm »

"Looking forward to hearing from you. And ain't need to be told twice to go home and rest. Feel invited to dinner tomorrow if the Boss is cool with that. Take care."

Largo stretched one more time.

"Good night, guys."

He headed into the guild building, since that's where his living quarters are. He finally let the exhaustion allow to take claim of him when he fell onto his bed, not even bothering to undress.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Chapter 5: Starlight Legend
« Reply #895 on: November 03, 2021, 04:50:15 am »

"If you ask me, Junius, you're already legit. Just need the few papers to make it official. But that's a concern for another day."

Lastelle yawns, then dismounts and starts leading Bowler to the stables.

"Let's get you some snacks. You've done very good work today."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: November 03, 2021, 09:14:17 am »

"Yes, now is the time for snacks." Xerxe said, heading toward his own stable-the hidden snack chest under his bunk. "See you all in the morning." He said, feeling the page of the book of life closing down on the day...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 03, 2021, 06:20:53 pm »

"Yeah.  See you at the commissary later, I guess."

Lagata gave the unconscious runner boss a last kick in the side, then fished around in her pocket to pull out her watch.

"Heck.  Already that early..?  Late?  Whatever.  I'm not getting anything at this rate."

"Screw it.  I'll sleep on the way.  If the professor tries chewing me out for my score, I'll just shove the darn thing down their throat and see how THEY like it."

Still grumbling, Lagata turned to head back to the tram station.  But before she could go, she paused, glancing back over her shoulder.  After a moment, she fished in her pocket, pulling out a vial crudely labeled with 'Lagata's Blazing Tiger Energy' and tossed it back to the red-headed would-be-merchant she'd conscripted not long ago.

"There.  Hope you enjoy your fix.  If nothing else comes out of this $%&*@#! night, I guess the formula for it's basically complete."

"Let me know if it kills you.  Either way, I'm charging for the taste."

And with that, the small catgirl turned back to the streets, heading off down the main road, straight on to the morning.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin IC: Epilogue
« Reply #898 on: November 03, 2021, 06:51:11 pm »

~~Epilogue: The Whereabouts of Drink and Coin~~
And so ended another night in the life of the Warriors. Lowell was eventually picked up by the Ishim police force, arrested for conspiracy to commit murder, fraud, theft and a whole host of other crimes, with the book thrown at him to keep him in there for a very long time. Not that he minded; with every criminal gang and adventurer guild in the city baying for Lowell's blood, the Hood Street Runners disappeared, their members scattering to the four winds, and Lowell decided that it would be best for everyone, himself included, if he stayed in prison, hoping never to cross the path of the multitude of enemies he had now amassed. The Drake Park Chiefs officially shod off their criminal origins, most of their staff turning into legit adventurers, with Cassius forming an alliance with the Wharf Street Warriors and the Starlight Soldiers. A few months later, shortly after the legendary fight of Team F versus Great Grandee, the Chiefs opened a new guildhouse in Wybernia.

The whereabouts of drink and coin were, indeed, finally found. Drink was had, once the Warriors recovered from their long, hard day's night. along with Largo's city-famed marinated chicken breasts. Coin was had too, for every Warrior involved received a massive pay rise. After all, they'd had the entire city come for them, from sundown til sunrise, effectively on their own, and protected the Boss' sister. There was no question; the Warriors that had fought their way through the night to get home were the unquestioned best of the best.  Trish Senara was proud of her men, but warned them to not to rest on their laurels. When the lion was hungry, the lion ate, and when the Warriors wanted a fight, they got one. But that night was not their last great adventure, not even close.

All in all, this was all just another day in paradise.

"Bel", Legatus Incognito
This had all been but one, quick incident in the long life of the "Bel", better known as Belphegor, Demon General of Sloth. For her, the Warriors were nobody save allies to help her curbstomp those who had interrupted her manga time, and she had only briefly encountered them on the train and later that morning. The Warriors did find a mysteriously large donation of rhea in the name of the same company that produced the hit mobage Clash of Legends, however, within a week.

Hitomi Satou, Jupiter's Shadow
Hitomi went about her business as a member of the Starlight Soldiers. Their exclusive membership, being all Revivians claming to have reincarnated from some Revivian show called "Sailor Moon", meant they could not take too much advantage of their new prestige from that night's events. However, Hitomi did find that her girls were hired out more for more prestigious assignments, with larger payouts and more loot. Hitomi, for her part, currently runs security for the Midgardia City Stadium, moonlighting with occasional stage shows for Revivian expatriates.

Anna Jade, Mercenary Merchant
Anna was fired from the Consortium of Annas for joining the Warriors mid-battle. Struggling with an intense Staminan X addiction, Anna became the first employee of the young Lagata's new Blazing Tiger company, and aided her in her efforts to combat the Anna monopoly over almost every industry in Generia, partially out of desire for more of the sacred ambrosia of Staminan, and partially to get back at her old employers for firing her. She now works as an advertising executive at Blazing Tiger, with some saying she can occasionally be found furtively consuming away the company's own product in a side room.

Anya von Lugenhardt: Otherworldly Nosferatu
The mysterious proprietor of the Belleview returned to her normal daily life, working closely with the Warriors for security at her venue. Mystery still surrounds her; some say she comes from lands across the oceans that surround the continent of Generia, while others suggest she might be from an entirely different world, for though some believe she is a vampire, she acts like no other vampire the world has ever seen. Regardless, she continues to work at the Belleview to this day. A few months after that fateful night, she had a run in with the world-famous Team F, but that is a story for another time.

Owyn Penderghast, Family Man
Owyn managed to get home to see a tearful, but happy wife, and happy children. The school, fortunately for Owyn, never found out about his little escapade, despite it slowly coming out on the news. If they did know, they never let on, though the other teachers did tend to give him a wide berth to avoid irritating him. Eventually, Owyn returned to adventuring, lost a lot of weight, and currently works for the Drake Park Chiefs on city security, with a third child on the way. He never did let go of his footie fan origins, and currently owns a large stake in Gautland FC.

Junius Marcion, Chief at Arms
Ever the reliable second-in-command of the Chiefs, Junius continued his work loyally to Cassius, returning to his former career of adventurer. The Chiefs, already popular for their sense of honor and protecting the weak on the streets, were now even more so as legitimate adventurers. He worked closely with the Warriors, having fought alongside them all that night. He is currently engaged to one of his colleagues; a female Chief that had accompanied him that fateful night.

Aoibheann Ó Deoráin, "Evie", Terror of Ishim
With Aoibheann Ó Deoráin, the one rule that can be counted on in her life is that all things eventually come to an end. And, of course, it was inevitable that her time in the Warriors was no such exception to this rule. The day spent fighting the gangs of Ishim was the greatest adventure of her time in the Warriors, despite the many adventures that guild produced, and Evie would drift away from the guild not terribly long afterwards, drawn to adventures (and genuinely fucking horrific mischief) elsewhere, using her new skills to evade the consequences. Evie would keep ruining her own disappearance into the sunset, though, repeatedly gravitating back to Ishim during her travels - and when she showed up, she'd constantly throw wrenches into things for her former teammates, completely unable to help herself.

Evie never really tended to talk much about her love life in concrete terms (and never had, even back in the Warriors), but the fact that she hovered around Ishim so much might have been explained by the fact that a very young spitting image of her could occasionally be seen around the Agreste district.

Lagata Kaguchi, "Gata", Blazing Alchemist
Lagata barely made it to her test, making a mad dash across the city's transport systems. The fact that Lagata smelled of blood, fire and possibly illegal alchemical ingredients and looked as if she might murder a man may have contributed to her passing the exam. Seeking to stick it to the Annas for being disgraces to the alchemical industry, she currently runs the Blazing Tiger Energy, a Warriors subsidiary, declaring war on the Annas for daring to cross her path. This was to be expected; her mother was herself a legend in the city for many, many reasons, but that is also a story for another time.

Takahashi Tomomi, "Knuckles", Swift Storm
That night had opened Tomo's eyes up to the strength the best of the best had, and how hard they had worked to protect Nico. He took a paid leave from the Warriors, seeking to become ever stronger, not just for himself, but those around him, learning new techniques and even, just maybe, crossing paths with the best the world had to offer, from the new Rhadamanthea Dojo to, according to some rumours, Team F. Such stories are, of course, unconfirmed.

Lastelle Fiorenzi, "L", and Bowler, Ishim Daredevils
That night had been but one more night in Lastelle's life. The skies were her territory, the city her oyster. The Warriors were where she'd wanted to be all along, and the Boss kept her steadily entertained. After a quick nap, and a late night dinner to celebrate with drinks and Largo's chicken, Lastelle asked for her next assignment. The next morning, she and Xerxe set out on their next mission. Where their careers in the Warriors would take them, only they would know.

Xerxe Pegason, "Turncloak", Doubting Flagellant
Like his close companon Lastelle, Xerxe, too, was unaffected too heavily by that night, though he did begin to run a pegasus racing fan club, inspired by Lastelle's work. Xerxe continued much in the same vein with his utter disbelief in the Goddess Dragons, paying no heed to the reports that Serena herself, Goddess of Water, had descended on this earth. After all, the Goddesses were a sham. Nobody could prove their existence, right?

Largo Dynlydan, "Big Blue", Blossoming Ogre
That night had done wonders for Largo's confidence, combined with the great reaction to his special recipe marinated chicken. He stuck with the Warriors, becoming one of the Boss' trusted companions. However, the taste of true thrill had left him begging for more, and seeing the big match at the Midgardia Stadium a few months later, he began training in earnest. His match with the American Wolfhound, after all, was waiting, and Largo Dynlydan wasn't going to miss it for the world.

However, he still never did understand Lucy.

Laumvelia Prylis Bexiage Orestua Lucidan Maxavuo, "Lucy", Weeaboo Warrior
Lucy continued to work as a high ranking member of the Wharf Street Warriors, training new recruits in the ways of sword and dance when called upon to do so. However, in her free time, she began making manga again, inspired by the night she and six other warriors steamrolled an entire criminal operation. Although that was the basis of the first volume of Wharf Street, she managed to make a fairly long-running and popular (in Kaisei) series out of future fictional adventures of the seven, reaching nearly eight hundred chapters before putting a cap on it. Her fans look forward to what she'll come up next, but she's taking it easy and looking for inspiration again.

Trish Senara, The Boss
For the Boss, she never had a doubt in her mind her Warriors would make it home. Prouder than ever of her men, she gave them pay raises and promotions for their good job getting her sister home safe. Of course, after giving her sister an earful (and a long nap) for partying, the Boss let her go off to her new job with Ishim's police department. The Boss smiled; all three Senara sisters had made something of themselves. The third Senara sister's story, however, is one to be saved for another time. For now, she still adventures, seeking the next challenge. The Warriors, after all, were good. The best.

Nicolette Senara, "Nico", Dutiful Sister
Nico, for her part, learned to do her due dilligence around parties. She made it into the police academy and, of course, very rapidly graduated. After all, with all of her experience as a Warrior, they could use someone like her. She never forgot her Warrior origins, though; her unit worked closely with the Warriors and other adventuring guilds. For her part, she can still often be seen at the Warriors' commissary, eating with her friends. What does the future have in store for Nico? Only she can decide.

~~FIN~~
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 06:56:35 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60]