Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can I request my wiki username to be changed?  (Read 11495 times)

ShimmerFairy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can I request my wiki username to be changed?
« on: January 29, 2020, 08:28:10 pm »

If the wiki is set up for it, how do I request that my account be renamed? I'd really like to make the username I use across websites consistent, and I created my wiki account years ago when I was using a different username for everything. (I'd like to make the actual request on the wiki itself, just so you can be sure you're changing the right account.)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can I request my wiki username to be changed?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 10:14:13 pm »

The wiki software (Mediawiki) doesn't natively support that, unfortunately. There is an extension that claims to, but from what I gather, it has unintended side effects. I'd suggest just making a new account, and linking to it from your old user page if you don't mind.
(If the issue is that you can't reuse the email address, I can probably disassociate it from the old account - just let me know if that's what you want)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

ShimmerFairy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can I request my wiki username to be changed?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 11:50:50 pm »

That's alright. My inclination was to create a second account anyway, but I figured I'd ask first and avoid having a second account if I could. :)