Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 458

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 413834 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19: Ride the Wave, Dude! Edition
« Reply #3540 on: July 07, 2020, 05:49:41 pm »

Didnt Bolso pass covid already?

Here's a tinfoil theory: he's fucking lying. He's not covid+ de novo. He already had covid and it was mild. He's now pretending to have covid19 to support his argument that it's not that bad and everyone should work without masks
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: July 07, 2020, 05:57:44 pm »

Weird that you should say that. I remember thinking that Bolsanaro was probably the biggest initial spreader in his country, if not patient zero, a few weeks ago.

Maybe he had symptoms or something?
One wheel short of a wagon

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: July 07, 2020, 06:01:04 pm »

Here's a tinfoil theory: he's fucking lying. He's not covid+ de novo. He already had covid and it was mild. He's now pretending to have covid19 to support his argument that it's not that bad and everyone should work without masks

He made an appearance with a mask, though
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: July 08, 2020, 12:57:45 am »

Well here's one you can chalk up to orange-grade stupid:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/07/florida-carsyn-davis-coronavirus/

The Miami-Dade County Medical Examiner found that the immunocompromised teen went to a large church party with roughly 100 other children where she did not wear a mask and social distancing was not enforced. Then, after getting sick, nearly a week passed before she was taken to the hospital, and during that time her parents gave her hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malarial drug touted by President Trump that the Food and Drug Administration has issued warnings about, saying usage could cause potentially deadly heart rhythm problems.

Florida-level dumbass meets Trump supporter-level dumbass. Seriously, take your kid to the hospital.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: July 08, 2020, 11:47:18 am »

I wish it was easier to put this stuff in perspective.  We only see the sensational stuff in the news.  I mean if 1 in 1000 people act like idiots, but 1 in 2 news stories are about idiots... most people think that 50% of people act like idiots because that's the sample to which they are exposed.

One can only hope that one side effect of this pandemic is that we'll get "practical statistics" back in mainstream school curricula...

EDIT: Whee... my state new case count (yeah I know, accuracy, meaning, etc) is the highest it's been in 52 days.  Mortality is still low though, which I guess is positive.  :-\  (Hoping it's "catch up" numbers from the holiday weekend... but...)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 02:25:38 pm by McTraveller »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: July 08, 2020, 05:48:34 pm »

Uh, Florida has a much higher rate of idiots than 1 in 1000, and a much higher quality of idiots at that. Florida man isn't just a meme, it's an actual thing.

That story was just the Florida Mom version.

Also we hit 55k yesterday and 52k today, so it's not just weekend catchup.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: July 08, 2020, 07:31:09 pm »

Eh, I don't care about the entire US stats. I just care about my state. Yeah it's selfish but this is a highly geographically dependent phenomenon.

It is definitely clear, though, that our daily case counts have gone up in the 30 days since our restrictions have been lifted a bit.

Mortality though has been about flat for the past 30 days.  So that's an interesting trend - suggesting either the medical pros are better at keeping people alive, the characteristics of the virus or the infected have changed, and/or the lag in those stats is greater than 30 days.  Seems to be real though - the actual peak deaths per day in MI occurred 18 days after the peak in daily case counts.  So 30 days after restrictions lifting and having mostly constant daily deaths is significant, not a fluke.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: July 08, 2020, 07:41:21 pm »

Uh, Florida has a much higher rate of idiots than 1 in 1000, and a much higher quality of idiots at that. Florida man isn't just a meme, it's an actual thing.
Everywhere has just as many of those idiots, Florida just has a law making all records public: https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/how-floridas-proud-open-government-laws-lead-to-the-shame-of-florida-man-news-stories-7608595
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: July 08, 2020, 07:44:23 pm »

Only those who have not born witness to Dread Florida with their own eyes believe such an explanation.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: July 08, 2020, 08:10:14 pm »

Hah, you guys still believe in Florida? It's not a place, it's a creature~
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: July 08, 2020, 11:03:09 pm »

Pretty sure it’s part of the North America continent, unless you’re also implying that The Who,e continent is a creature. (I most definitely missed whatever reference you’re attempting to make, please enlighten me when you say Florida is a creature)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: July 08, 2020, 11:06:59 pm »

Somebody at work tested positive for the crow plague.

So, now we all get to have a swab ram-rodded up our nostrils.  Looking forward to it.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: July 08, 2020, 11:08:11 pm »

Pretty sure it’s part of the North America continent, unless you’re also implying that The Whole continent is a creature. (I most definitely missed whatever reference you’re attempting to make, please enlighten me when you say Florida is a creature)

If the continent is a creature, then Florida must be the male genital.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: July 08, 2020, 11:20:03 pm »

As in, somebody working at your elder care job?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: July 08, 2020, 11:33:33 pm »

As in, somebody working at your elder care job?

Yes. One of our younger employees (between 18 and 20) tested positive for crow plague.

They say they want to have test kits here before 10 tomorrow.  I will come and have the swab rammed up my nose when they get the kits in.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 458