Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 458

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 412837 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19:What Wave is it Now? Edition
« Reply #4635 on: December 14, 2020, 04:31:11 am »

Ah good!  They already banned the sale over here in the Netherlands, and Belgium followed the example a week later.  Germany was still a problem, because all the unhappy fireworks hooligans could still buy illegal fireworks over there.

My cats will have a nice and quiet New Year's eve for once.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: December 14, 2020, 05:53:20 am »

Those +2 Cations could somehow, maybe, render the viral capsids incapable of attaching to your delicate mucousa!
Tin can be +4. So can lead.

So solder some pewter into your mask and you'd be even safer!
But would I be safer if I wore a solid lead plague doctor's mask?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: December 14, 2020, 07:09:51 am »

Those +2 Cations could somehow, maybe, render the viral capsids incapable of attaching to your delicate mucousa!
Tin can be +4. So can lead.

So solder some pewter into your mask and you'd be even safer!
But would I be safer if I wore a solid lead plague doctor's mask?

You'd probably get a rather sore neck.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: December 14, 2020, 08:31:14 am »

Our prime minister is going to announce further lockdown measures this evening.
It is expected that all non-essential shops will be closed, primary schools and highschools will shut down, and the few cultural venues that weren't closed yet, like musea and theatres, will be closed too.
They should have done that sooner.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: December 14, 2020, 12:15:06 pm »

Facepalm.

Our government didn't really think things through it seems.
Stores will close, so people are going to order online en masse..... but.... most package delicery points are inside the stores that are closed, and the supermarkets do not have the storage capacity to take that all on.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: December 14, 2020, 12:21:31 pm »

Vaccines are being deployed out to frontline workers what with the governor making a big show with a nurse getting the jab

Obviously people still won't get it because it comes with complementary mind control 5G nanobots from Lizardman Bill Gates or something 
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: December 14, 2020, 12:34:14 pm »

Vaccines are being deployed out to frontline workers what with the governor making a big show with a nurse getting the jab

Obviously people still won't get it because it comes with complementary mind control 5G nanobots from Lizardman Bill Gates or something
Honestly, at this point I'd take the vaccine even if the excipient list openly displayed 5g mind control nanobots AND the only way to administer it was via lizardman sex
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: December 14, 2020, 01:45:57 pm »

I have seen all the bullshit being circulated about the vaccines. All are obtuse and silly.  The most dangerous potential side effect is anaphylaxis.

Even if the vaccine causes straight up sterility, it would not impact me personally in a meaningful way, since I am asexual anyway.

Give me the damn vaccine. I need to see a dentist. If both myself, and the dentist are both vaccinated, it makes it safe (enough) for me to go get the care I need, so I can continue to provide care to others that need it.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: December 14, 2020, 02:48:11 pm »

There was talk over here of combining the AZ treatment[1] with Novichok Sputnik V. I'm not sure how serious it was, except as belt-and-braces[3], or if there was even a seriously meant export offer.

[1] The one with half-strength first dose[2] seemingly pushing it up to ~90%, though double-full-strength is just 70%...

[2] There's precedence for this, BTW. Early anti-cholera attempts found attenuated then exalted injections gave the best immune response in some circumstances, albeit that was bacterial and not pure molar quantities of annidentical thing being stepped up.

[3] US: "strap and suspenders"? But that sounds kinky to my British ears...  ;D

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: December 14, 2020, 03:20:22 pm »

We were talking about the upcoming situation at rhe department. The general feeling is that goverments and people are getting overconfident and Ireland might get the devastating covid tsunami it has been spared so far.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: December 14, 2020, 04:51:02 pm »

Ah, it only took our government 4-5 hours to realize the parcel delivery problem.  They have now said that places were packages are delivered will remain open, although they do admit they are not sure how that will work in practice, like, if they will allow those places to serve their retail purpose as well (mostly bookstores and gift card stores), if only because it is impossible to enforce giving out parcels, but not selling books.  Police have better things to do with their limited manpower.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: December 14, 2020, 07:29:37 pm »

A light-hearted (for us, and in hindsight) Covid precaution-breaking story...

Do you think she thinks he's a 'keeper', when everything else has settled down?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: December 14, 2020, 07:36:27 pm »

Kinda hard to blame the guy for wanting to see his newfound love.  Less hard to blame him for going out to drink after arriving.
I guess he's lucky that it's 2020 though.  In 2021 he would have been shot when trying to make landfall if he survived the sea mines.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: December 15, 2020, 05:12:55 pm »

Near-miss or effective mutation?  Too early to tell for sure.

The changes or mutations involve the spike protein of the virus - the part that helps it infect cells, and the target Covid vaccines are designed around.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: December 15, 2020, 05:24:03 pm »

That’s the same thing that happens for the seasonal ‘flu, if I’m not mistaken.

Interesting times ahead.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 458