Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 458

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 413432 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19:Mask of +1 Disease Resistance Edition
« Reply #4305 on: September 23, 2020, 10:43:09 pm »

I also love the galaxy brains that saying wearing a mask is "Living in fear" while they themselves have a concealed carry.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19:Mask of +1 Disease Resistance Edition
« Reply #4306 on: September 24, 2020, 01:34:32 pm »

One always has to be amused by "Coronavirus has a terrible impact on children's mental health and educational prospects" as a justification for "Just don't have restrictions." Now if you went around saying "Just don't have rich people" as a solution to povery or homelessness I feel they'd be less inclined to this line of logic. The idea of dealing with and mitigating those issues shouldn't be controversial, but they're too outraged by the fact they might have to.

They are fine with attacking the root of the disease (restrictions) to avoid symptoms (all the negative impacts of restrictions); but prefer to deal with the symptoms of unrestricted COVID spread (people fucking dying) to dealing with the disease (preventing people from spreading it). Which comes down to saying "I prefer people die than I am bothered by things."

Thanks for the concern folks been getting lots of sleep.  No test results yet, symptoms evolved a bit, no longer super sleepy at all times and instead have a persistent cough. Fever is down.  Most food is tasteless except water which tastes like either pure chlorine if from the tap or liquid plastic if from a bottle. Limbs always feel like I've just sprinted 2 miles.

Mom's still doing fine, I'm wearing my mask around the house and she puts on hers whenever I come out into the rest of the house.  She has a minor cough but she does normally so we're not sure if that's anything new.

I'll keep y'all posted!
Oh boy, Grieger. Hope it works out ok.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 01:36:26 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: September 24, 2020, 03:46:01 pm »

Good news! I was wrong about Sweden having changed their guidelines to allow 500 people groups. What they had done was announce that they were going to do so today, I had just listened badly. But! Good news! They didn't actually do that today, so we're still at 50 people. In fact while further give-in-ings was expected to be announced at the press meeting today today they did in fact end up not easing on the restrictions at all.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: September 24, 2020, 04:04:40 pm »

In fact the public health guy has now said thst there might be lockdowns taking place in the future... local onds
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: September 24, 2020, 04:08:40 pm »

I hadn't heard that -- It would probably be an issue for the Riksdag though because Sweden don't have legislation to enforce that kind of thing (there's no non-wartime ability to call "emergency law")
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: September 24, 2020, 04:48:15 pm »

Apparently he said it in an interview with foreign media. I´ve only found this link. No idea of the full content and telegraph is shitty

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/09/23/sweden-shifts-no-lockdown-strategy/
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: September 25, 2020, 01:11:12 pm »

Can they be trained to bite #covidiots who refuse to mask up?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: September 25, 2020, 04:02:43 pm »

God I hope so.

Annoying news my internet and phone have been down for 'scheduled maintenance' for a full day.  They didn't bother to notify me, when contacted through a cell phone because phone didn't work, they said it had been planned for more than a month and was normal.  I asked why they didn't notify us about it and the person on the phone apparently realizing they can't do anything and wanting to get off the phone did a bethesda 'Sorry, not planning on doing anything about it, check the website for scheduled outage times and dates.  Your service will be back by 2 AM tomorrow'.

Anyway covid test came back negative yesterday but since I had no phone they couldn't tell me.  Donno what that illness was then, not a Flu, not Covid, too high a fever to be a cold.  Who knows.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: September 25, 2020, 07:06:10 pm »

COVID-20: Electric Flugaloo...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: September 25, 2020, 08:17:10 pm »

Yea just imagine us all to be glad 2020 is over only for Covid-19 to come around and say ok now that the warmup year's over Imma turn it up to 11 with a new mutation. 

This one causes you to spray highly contagious liquids from every orifice of your body (including sweat glands) at 30 meters a second every time you say the words 'freedom', 'rights', 'amendment', or 'free speech' and if you are over the age of 40 you have a small but ever present chance of just popping like a shieldbroken Jiggilypuff and sailing into the ionosphere when you blink.

E: I'm sure it will evolve to be triggered on whatever buzzwords your particular country's anti maskers like to use as well.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 08:19:11 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: September 25, 2020, 08:40:51 pm »

if you are over the age of 40 you have a small but ever present chance of just popping like a shieldbroken Jiggilypuff and sailing into the ionosphere when you blink.

team boomer is blasting off again?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: September 25, 2020, 11:43:22 pm »

Wisconsin is almost averaging 2000 cases for the last 7 days.

They should manage it, and that might push the average proportion of tests that come back positive above 1 in 6 too!

Turning that corner real good, Donald. Reeeaal good.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: September 25, 2020, 11:52:55 pm »

But it was so politically beneficial to not implement a working action plan when it was early on, because it was only affecting democrat bloc states!!

How could you expect a sleezy person in office to pass up an opportunity like that!?  I mean-- with fewer democrats voting, his re-election is a shoe-in!! (right!? RIGHT!?)

/s

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: September 26, 2020, 12:35:47 am »

Swing states benefit from poor virus handling as far as Trump is concerned. Day of the election, Trump supports will vote in person, Dems will vote by mail which will be thrown out.

All because the Libs are too scared of the flu SMH
/s
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 458