Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 109

Author Topic: Smallhands - nearly 40 years and still tiny!  (Read 412239 times)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: Smallhands - nearly 40 years and still tiny!
« Reply #1560 on: July 23, 2022, 09:12:02 pm »

Is there a DFHack command to instantly geld/butcher those marked to do so?

With a quick look there's geld and animal-control. Haven't tried them, but maybe they'll help out?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: July 26, 2022, 08:57:33 am »

Thanks for those. I managed to clean things up a bit - FPS is normalizing but still slow.

I may have also destroyed all the food in the fortress on accident. We'll see...

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
  • Developing a race, explosive booze and death traps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: July 26, 2022, 01:07:31 pm »

now that seems worthy of a journal XD
Urist McRecon cancels make exploding booze: Interrupted by bad idea
Urist McRecon cancels bad idea: missing raw files
Urist McRecon cancels add raw files: Interrupted by fortress mode
Urist McRecon cancels play fortress mode: Needs exploding booze
Urist McRecon cancels acquire exploding booze: No materials

brushapocalypse

• Bay Watcher
  • creatures creaching
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: July 27, 2022, 06:48:00 pm »

Just finished reading through the entire thread. It took the better part of a week, and while I'll admit I wasn't reading non-stop I'm also not a slow reader by any means. Which I guess is just another way of saying "goddamn, this fort is Old!"

I've considered signing up for a turn, but I'd like to see how this one ends before I commit to that. Excited to see what horrible nonsense graces Smallhands this time!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: July 27, 2022, 07:16:27 pm »

Glad to hear it, brush. You're welcome to a turn any time.

Luckily a few of the residents of smallhands don't need to eat, otherwise this would be a real problem right now...

recon, I sent you a message. I'd like some advice...

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: July 27, 2022, 08:10:42 pm »

Oh dear. I am slightly concerned at this point...
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: July 28, 2022, 01:10:58 am »

Salmeuk stares at the empty void that used to be the food and beer hall. Something has occurred, something bad, terrible, oh so not very good. But what . . ?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: July 28, 2022, 01:39:51 am »

Well that doesn't bode well.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: July 28, 2022, 03:34:20 am »

Look guys, I don't use DFHack and apparently when I do, I do too much.

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: July 28, 2022, 04:18:51 am »

DFhack requires precision and occasional use of the command that kills the game (ie save scumming)

I given you two replies Delphonso, I missed your first message by over a week >> thats what I get for working.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: August 01, 2022, 03:43:26 am »

1st Limestone 187
36 dwarves, 100 animals
1 speardwarf, 8 soldiers across 5 squads
11 fevered dwarves
(It's all downhill from here)

Quick check of the situation:
FPS is incredibly bad.
And...once again...the Tall Bar is ruined.

Decisions:
I cancelled a huge amount of Detail Wall jobs. We don't have many hands, and we'll need the few we have.
I removed...10 or so farms that are all set to grow things we don't have. We have thousands and thousands of food, plants, and drinks. There's no need for any of this.
(pst, this is called foreshadowing)

Del Adagkubuk, Ghostly Overseer has arisen and is haunting the fortress
Del gestures!
A lot of stuff is smashed!

The dwarven caravan arrives carrying only barrels full of meat...Don't you understand I'm trying to clean up the food here?

Del gestures again!
/A lot/ of stuff is smashed.

Well, that doesn't bode well.

Giant Capybara pounce on the opportunity! Activity across the surface of the fortress!
Hey!
Guys, this was supposed to be a small, subtle fortress. What the hell is happening up here? Don't you think someone will notice...all this?

I may have smashed all the food.

Urvad and Nish are dead, Solon lost a finger and his mind. Look, capybaras are slippery devils also one of those people died from dehydration because I didn't realize a burrow was active.

Christ, thank god those caravaners brought all that meat. I deconstruct the Depot because they fail to path out, and we're blessed with another 300 years of food. That problem is fixed, right?
(pst, it wasn't)

We have 400 stones...somewhere. It's truly a mystery because they're not in any stock piles or even visible on the map. Great.

Barrel/pot construction means we can't make any beer. Truly a dire situation. Surely this is an easy fix: designate some area of stone to be dug out, then some pots made.

Our 30-ish dwarves run around with handfuls of dripping meat from the Depot back to the stockpiles.

Okay, for fucks sake. I may have smashed all our picks and battleaxes too. I melted spears to make picks to make pots so we can fucking drink something not from a fucking damp hole in the ground.

Grizzlies are born, everyone rejoice!
Hey!
We're supposed to be small, here! Who's idea was it to breed big creatures like this?

Glass pots it is, then!

Early Winter - Moonstone 187
Solon remains on the surface, why won't anyone recover her?

Fescue shut the fuck up. Apparently having two broken arms means you need to spam messages about storing items all day.

Avuz got a strange mood, how curious! They're looking for log, glass, gems and bars. Surprisingly, all stuff I didn't destroy.

Heh. I remember the first artifact here...
Was it the goose-bone door or...honestly I don't remember.

You're telling me we've made 10 pots so far and zero booze? Where the hell are these pots going? Why are some of them being sent to jail?!

Solon remains on the surface. Hopefully a raid will come along and put her out of her misery.

I start deleting links from stockpiles, then give up and delete stockpiles. Look, there's only one thing I know and it's destruction through deleting things.

Avuz actually started his construction after multiple trips to the glassmaker for raw glass which really interrupted this pot growing making operation.

Picks made, so let's try some stone pots too. Dwarves are starting to get angry that they had to drink water. Revolting, I know.

Avus made Zirilotam : Firenose.
On the item is an image related to a failure of our nation's defense of Staffhoisted, and an image of Salmeuk surrounded by tables. Glad to see people are still assholes in this little fort.

Obsidian 16
And Solon's gone berserk

WELL WELL WELL, LOOK WHO CAN WALK NOW, SOLON - MAYBE IF YOU'D WALKED INTO THE FORT 5 MONTHS AGO, YOU'D FEEL A LOT BETTER

Some undead poet named Elpho killed her in the stairwell. Hehe, fuckin' brutal that is.

I literally don't understand where all the fucking pots are going.

Ah...Maybe it has something to do with that...800 or so meat we took from the dwarves. Or the 20 or so barrels filled with dwarven syrup that we still have.

Sodel picks some fights and mostly wins them. A cat takes the brunt of the damage, but a miner is also injured.

Well our cooks say there's nothing to cook, despite there being a mountain of meat and syrup just inches from the kitchen. Christ just make another kitchen. Who the hell knows at this point.

Atis, the miner, is in our stairwell still. No one is taking them to the hospital. Glad to see people are still assholes in this little fort.

I honestly feel like I'm going insane, and I'm dead.

Del Adagkubuk has started a mysterious construction!
Del has engraved his own slab!
Del Adagkubuk, ghostly overseer has been put to rest.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Well, uh. Sorry, I guess! Gotta say, the FPS was real bad for me, and that made this not a fun time. Exciting, yes! Enjoyable - at times, of course. It looks like I'll have to step away from Smallhands until I get a better computer to play it on - though it's impressive a 40 year old fort can run /at all/ on this hunk-a-junk.

recon, best of luck my friend.
Here's a burden for you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: August 01, 2022, 04:14:52 am »

Damn that's a lot of masterworks being smashed.

Also what's with the tall bar constantly being destroyed, is it just that fragile or do invaders just really hate it?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

brushapocalypse

• Bay Watcher
  • creatures creaching
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: August 01, 2022, 10:10:42 am »

Also what's with the tall bar constantly being destroyed, is it just that fragile or do invaders just really hate it?
There's a design flaw that means some of its components get wrecked every time it gets used. Just one of the perils of messing with lava.

Anyhow, I've decided I will take a stab at this! Sign me up for a turn, surely I can't mess things up any worse than my predecessors.

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: August 01, 2022, 12:10:56 pm »

Poor Del

but is all as it seems? well not to worry. I'll continue from Fatcat's save and clear up the fort without destroying most of it as per your opinion in dms

What was the experience of the Ghost of Del? stay tuned.

Delphonso: you need to tweak the OP. Fatcat was turn 38 and a half. You were doing 38 part 2 and 39 which left me with turn 40
brushapocalypse, I will be taking a slightly longer turn but you are next

brushapocalypse

• Bay Watcher
  • creatures creaching
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: August 01, 2022, 12:23:53 pm »

brushapocalypse, I will be taking a slightly longer turn but you are next

Fine by me. I have plenty of free time.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 109