Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 109

Author Topic: Smallhands - nearly 40 years and still tiny!  (Read 412621 times)

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smallhands - a small fort for small computers (small overseers wanted!)
« Reply #255 on: April 11, 2020, 06:25:49 am »

I’ll take the next turn, but I may have to be pushed back a turn (updated just when spring break had ended and I had nothing to do), depending.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 12, 2020, 06:07:24 am »

Update: Yeah, I'm gonna need to be pushed back a turn.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 14, 2020, 10:25:54 pm »

Update: Yeah, I'm gonna need to be pushed back a turn.
Ah. Does this mean I should take a turn?
Is that good with everyone?
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 14, 2020, 11:46:01 pm »

I guess so! Go for it, Laterigrade.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 15, 2020, 08:04:12 am »

Yeah, that is what I meant.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 17, 2020, 01:17:40 am »

THE DIARY OF LATERIGRADE MAZECRYSTALS
1st Granite
Arrived here around half a year ago. First thought was 'what a little dingy place'. Second one was 'what a fucking dump'.
Hasn't proved me wrong, either. I'm a worshipper of Lidod Dungsspit, you know. Queen of depravity. Some of the other dwarves spit on me, yeah, but I'm faithful; the Queen of Debauchery and Debasement looks after her own. Sometimes she comes to me in dreams... Anyway! That's not important!

But sometimes I used go to pray to her in one of the rooms near the main stairway, the one that's filled with coffins and memorials to the Fallen, who died in the event that left behind only Salmeuk, who called himself anew Sole Survivor after that event. I renamed myself 'Laterigrade' to give honour to the One Who Almost Survived, Blessed Be He, you know.

But I went there a while ago to pray, and discovered there was a goddamn goblin in a cage that some dumbass had installed there.
Every time I kneel down to think of Lidod, the little bastard spits and hisses and calls me short! I'm not a tall dwarf, yeah, but the little twerp has no right to call me that, the bastard; he's only three and a half Urists tall himself!
Like I was telling you. A dump.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5th Granite
I'd been drafted into the military a few months ago. Up 'til now, though, I'd pretty much been slacking off. Every once in a while, I'd have to go to some demonstrations and listen to someone talk about 'how to position your shield', 'how to kick so you hit the jugular', 'The Basics of Kisat Dur', or wave around my spear in drills. It was boring, but I only had to do it once every in a while. If that was the military life, it suited me!

But someone (and I'll be damned if I don't snap his neck when I find out who the fucker is!) discovered that the schedule had been set wrong; we were supposed to be training all day every day.
And now we are. Blast whichever bastard it was.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:
Sorry for the long wait, short entry, and lack of pictures; I was mostly reorienting myself to the fortress, taking stock of changes, checking settings — like the military one I found; it was set to 'train, 6 minimum', which lets half the dwarves slack off year 'round sometimes. I hope you guys enjoy the writing; I tried to do something consistent this time :D
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 17, 2020, 03:48:45 am »

Probably left by me - when we had six in each squad. I think setting them to active ignores those settings anyway, though.

Looking forward to more, Laterigrade!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 17, 2020, 10:26:26 pm »

But I went there a while ago to pray, and discovered there was a goddamn goblin in a cage that some dumbass had installed there.
Every time I kneel down to think of Lidod, the little bastard spits and hisses and calls me short! I'm not a tall dwarf, yeah, but the little twerp has no right to call me that, the bastard; he's only three and a half Urists tall himself!
Like I was telling you. A dump.

That would be the captured Limul, the only goblin brave enough to face the Goo Hive and escape unscathed, in no small part due to our own blessed incompetence. You're right though, the temple might not be the most appropriate place. .

I like your last name, Mazecrystals, a good fit for a sorcerer of some kind.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 20, 2020, 12:50:34 pm »

It's fine. Assuming this turn doesn't continue on for so long that it nears another deadline (or continues long enough that I am mostly done with school for the year) I should be able to do next turn.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 21, 2020, 09:36:13 pm »

I’m afraid my computer has finally done it, guys.

It has kicked the bucket, gone belly-up, croaked it, committed seppuku, popped its clogs, turned up its toes, bitten the dust, fallen on its sword, breathed its last, bought the farm, gone curtains, given up the ghost and gone to a better place, hopped the twig, taken Charon’s ferry, joined the choir invisible and started pushing up daisies and counting worms.

Please accept this list of idioms as a replacement. Goodness knows when I’ll get another one, but what with what’s going on it won’t be soon. Sorry, everyone.
bool IsARealBoy = false

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 21, 2020, 11:01:04 pm »

It has kicked the bucket, gone belly-up, croaked it, committed seppuku, popped its clogs, turned up its toes, bitten the dust, fallen on its sword, breathed its last, bought the farm, gone curtains, given up the ghost and gone to a better place, hopped the twig, taken Charon’s ferry, joined the choir invisible and started pushing up daisies and counting worms.

Please accept this list of idioms as a replacement. Goodness knows when I’ll get another one, but what with what’s going on it won’t be soon. Sorry, everyone.
So, should I retry my turn? I'll do it.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 21, 2020, 11:04:37 pm »

Sorry to hear it, Laterigrade. Yeah, go for it auze.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 21, 2020, 11:17:26 pm »

It's snuffed it
THIS-- is an EX--LAPTOP
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

StrikaAmaru

• Bay Watcher
  • [GMT+2][forum time +8]
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 23, 2020, 10:14:35 am »

Condoleances on the death of your computer, Laterigrade.

I'd like to sign up for a turn, but not immediately; I still have a week of SmithSoldier to play.
Needs caffeine to get through the working day.
[Sigtext. Contains links to mods, LPs and an index of all the things I wrote on this forum. Does not contain a viable sig. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg6860463#msg6860463]

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 23, 2020, 10:47:47 am »

So far I managed to play over Granite before getting started with schoolwork. So far, I've only caused one stupid death on accident, and he was a recruit so not particularly important.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 109