Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 109

Author Topic: Smallhands - nearly 40 years and still tiny!  (Read 402541 times)

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smallhands - a small fort for small computers (small overseers wanted!)
« Reply #165 on: March 25, 2020, 08:30:34 am »

Well this has been an emotional roller-coaster, and one of the most interesting forts I've ever played. I'm glad I could guide it during this turbulent time. Hope you enjoyed my writing and illustrations!

The Save
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 25, 2020, 08:47:53 am »

Bravo, nogoodnames! mko, you're up. I'm chomping at the bit to play.

This picture is amazing, by the way. Wonderful work! I really enjoyed your art and writing.

Is there anything overseers need to do in regards to undead echidna modding?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 08:58:13 am by delphonso »

mko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 25, 2020, 09:04:08 am »

Bravo, nogoodnames! mko, you're up. I'm chomping at the bit to play.

This picture is amazing, by the way. Wonderful work! I really enjoyed your art and writing.
+1

AFAIK this kind of modding travels with save.

I will start playing soon, once I complete work for today.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 25, 2020, 09:07:21 am »

AFAIK this kind of modding travels with save.
Correct, it's part of the world-specific raws which are stored in the save folder.
                        - Random human lord

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 25, 2020, 09:31:54 am »

Great Job! Somehow you've managed to undo the mess that I made. It has certainly been an interesting turn, and I think that was the first succession fortress turn in which the overseer was a zombie (albeit an intelligent, friendly one). I eagerly await what happens in the next turn.
Also:
Full Image (Big)

Spoiler: preview (click to show/hide)
I love this image you've made. Petition to link to it in the first post?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 09:35:32 am by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 25, 2020, 07:33:08 pm »

Fiance is out of town today, so I'll spend some time trying to make the front look a bit better. I'll probably grab some lines and screenshots from everyone, but I think the large(ironic) Smallhands picture should be front and center.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 25, 2020, 07:59:24 pm »

Well this has been an emotional roller-coaster, and one of the most interesting forts I've ever played. I'm glad I could guide it during this turbulent time. Hope you enjoyed my writing and illustrations!

well fucking done! I love those kinds of side-view drawings, and you did a really nice job translating the fortress architecture into a flat image.

I'm also amazed that cavern trees have already grown in that room I hollowed out so many (in-game) years ago. How cool is that! It's kind of like those biodomes from the 70's, if you ignore the dead bodies.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 25, 2020, 10:00:59 pm »

Also, remember the second forgotten beast in my turn that ended up killing itself? How I mentioned that everybody that came to the fortress under my rule seemed to lack the will to live, or at least a basic survival instinct?
Well I took a look at it in legends...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I swear, at this point I feel like the game is just messing with me...

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 25, 2020, 11:24:54 pm »

Alright, updated the front page - let me know if I missed anything or if there's any posts you'd like linked at the front.

mko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 26, 2020, 12:25:26 am »

Prologue deserves to be quoted, or at least best parts.

The light of the new sun illuminated the small writing enough for Deduk to read it with squinted eyes. His eyes went wide and his eyebrows furrowed. By Niz... This isn't anywhere near Smudoaslot... This is right next to the goblin capital itself. I have to warn Bim! Deduk sprinted across the small hillock, but stood stuck in the air for a moment. The frozen river below him had just instantly thawed. In a moment, Deduk was underwater, the rushing river pulling him away. He drowned in seconds. Spring has arrived.

In the drinking mound, at a towerwood table, Del and Salmeuk were having a belligerent discussion. A few onlookers watched on, a mix of annoyed and fascinated.

“The queen's off 'er fookin' rocker. Dunno what addled 'er mind, but it musta been somethin' bad.” Del finished his contribution to the discussion and then finished his mug of ale.

Salmeuk's voice took a disapproving tone as he declared, “Don't you know? The queen lost her kid to a cyclops last year. I guess this is some form of grieving.” He took a long sip of dwarven rum. “I mean, it is pretty weird, but it's grieving nonetheless.”

Below that was a purple smudge that he assumed was spilled wine, but was in actuality the Frothy Sludge - a swamp and the center of the goblin civilization.

-~-~-~-

Del's journal, Granite 15, 150.

“Oh, shit.”

I would also mention http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11463 "0011463: Creatures can attack and move while curled up after reanimation" as a +bug report+ for problem found during this playgame.

"How I mentioned that everybody that came to the fortress under my rule seemed to lack the will to live, or at least a basic survival instinct?" - well, lets see whatever it will improve.

-----

And if anyone is curious what I am doing - I managed to run Dwarf Therapist and set population caps. And look around fortress.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 02:03:46 am by mko »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 26, 2020, 06:44:42 am »

This fort handled the zombie apocalypse better than most of the forts I've read about.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 26, 2020, 07:01:10 am »

This fort handled the zombie apocalypse better than most of the forts I've read about.
Well, the doors around the main stairwell and the abundance elsewhere were really the saving grace of the fort; I don’t think it could have survived without them.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

mko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 26, 2020, 01:25:46 pm »

We have a human ghoul in a cage. Is it special in any way? I don't remember it mentioned, so I assume that it is not special in any way.

Also, is there any reason to have two hospitals? I plan to decommission one.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 26, 2020, 01:50:03 pm »

We have a human ghoul in a cage. Is it special in any way? I don't remember it mentioned, so I assume that it is not special in any way.

Also, is there any reason to have two hospitals? I plan to decommission one.
At nogoodname’s turn, I think he caught it for the purposes of weaponizing it. The hospitals I’m not sure, maybe founded after my turn?

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 26, 2020, 02:08:17 pm »

The hospital on the lower levels is just a temporary one I setup after the beak dog attack because the echidna was blocking off the main hospital.

The ghoul is the one who almost killed my dwarf. You're free to do whatever you want with her.

She has a bit of a tragic backstory. Enthep was a soldier for the Confederations of Searing and spent most of her adult life fighting in campaigns against the fort of Cactushexes. She and her childhood friend Oma Empiresbright became lovers when she was 14. Oma was the general of their nation and it was his influence that lead to her becoming a soldier. Unbeknownst to Enthep, Oma had been corrupted by one of the necromancers and was working for them in secret. He used his position and his lover's trust to rope Enthep into their schemes. However, this caused friction between them and the pair broke up a few years later. Just two years after that, Enthep, who had fought in dozens of battles at this point, was killed, while surrounded by her fellow soldiers, by an insignificant goblin whose only other kill was a dog. Was it simply bad luck, or something more sinister? All we know is that her body somehow came into the possession of the master necromancer, Ushrir Summitpalace. He was the one who resurrected her in her current ghoulish form, and made her a lieutenant in his armies.
                        - Random human lord
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 109