Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 109

Author Topic: Smallhands - nearly 40 years and still tiny!  (Read 402532 times)

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I PM'd Auze to get things going, we should heard back soon enough.
I’m still alive, just have been busy. Am working on another update, sorry for the delay.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry about not updating, I had an essay and between that, family, and Victoria 2 all of my time just burned up. Will try to get through my turn quicker, so enjoy this little bit

Contemplations of Auze
I traded some stuff with the elves, and then ran out of stuff to trade. You'd think the elves would have booze with all the plants they grow, but I guess not. So instead I just bought up all of their wood logs and gave some of our massive amount of booze in return.

A picture of the fortress. The green is vomit

Then some guy (Phonso) began a "mysterious construction". I don't know how useful a swan bone helm would be, but I guess we now have one.
At this point, the Rainbow Raptors announce that their shift is over, and after only one recruit lost!
Deciding that laziness should not be tolerated in the militia, I order them to raid Cactushexes.

Godspeed fine soldiers. May the more useless of y'all die horrible deaths

I would've sent them to deal with the forgotten beast(s), but I have a policy of not threatening the thing that fights cave dragons for fun.
Also:

I have no idea what any of this means. Going to assume it's a good thing.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile

In glorious dwarven tradition, the green is vomit. Thanks for the update auze!
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile

Awesome, Auze. Yeah, I've become really busy these last few weeks. I think you're past the two week mark, but if you're finishing up soon, then it's not a big deal.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

Considering this is a tiny embark, on a pocket world...

Has anyone tried running this on a phone yet? (no, really- this is a serious question. You can totally run DF in eltech's windows emulator. I have a youtube video to prove it.)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Considering this is a tiny embark, on a pocket world...

Has anyone tried running this on a phone yet? (no, really- this is a serious question. You can totally run DF in eltech's windows emulator. I have a youtube video to prove it.)

But why? If you brought along a keyboard, maybe. But I can't imagine you would have any fun designating with the imprecision of a touchscreen. Perhaps for no-pause fortresses you want to watch grow without much interaction.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For the virtues of smallness, obviously! Unfortunately, I don't have a bluetooth keyboard or I'd try.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I still had a smartphone with a keyboard I’d try it. Anyways I have most of another turn written up and this time saved on notepad so expect an update sometime today as I set up the Magpie Squads (I guess kea would be the Dwarf Fortress equivalent).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 09:41:58 am by auzewasright »

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Records of Auze

Well, that was quick.

Seems like the mission was a complete success. I guess we now can procede to exterminate and eliminate this strange independant golbin fortress with complete confidence.
Or at least I can now use the militia for the purpose of paying off my late-book fees from the library.

Sadly, they did not get the book. I will need to find another way, before the librarian's mafia comes for me.
Lokum the mason threw a tantrum and so in return got me to look at our justice system (aka: implement one).

He was fairly punished.

As punishment for failing to get me that book on migration, I sent The GraveWardens to go and raid Cactushexes.
I then sent the Rainbow Warriors to go get a book on bandaging wounds from a tomb, it's not like the occupants of that place need it.

The justice system is about as competent as you'd expect.

Also, the farmers need a guild hall, I guess.

Not only did the Rainbow Warriors steal the book, they got two other ones also on wounds. Send 'em over to the doctors, they'll need the information. Then the library, for obvious reasons.
The GraveWardens just got back from pillaging Cactushexes, let's see what they got as the spoils.

I question the usefulness of a silver battle axe, but good job nonetheless. Anyways, I have now sent the Rainbow Raptors to explore some abandoned castle while I work on renovating the library.
[some time later]
They came back and managed to steal another copy of a book we already had. Guess that's better than nothing.

Looking back, it appears that I am so far being a great overseer, as well as at least 20% of the way towards paying off my late-book fees.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 02:57:09 pm by auzewasright »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well done auze! Mko's library will be full to bursting in no time.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder how mad the world would be if we stole all the books?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well done auze! Mko's library will be full to bursting in no time.
I plan on raiding the library of the tower Sinewsabres next (not for any secrets of life and death). Also, should I raze Cactushexes or conquer the fortress?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 06:52:44 am by auzewasright »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Conquer it!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We may be small, but we make up for it with our unending thirst for knowledge! At any cost!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 109