Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 109

Author Topic: Smallhands - nearly 40 years and still tiny!  (Read 411540 times)

mko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well done auze! Mko's library will be full to bursting in no time.
Well done! I admit, that it is much more dwarfy version of filling library than what I planned.

As punishment for failing to get me that book on migration, I sent The GraveWardens to go and raid Cactushexes.
I seems to remmeber that "last held by" objects are not raidable, retrievable etc due to some bug. But I may be wrong.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 08:29:56 pm by mko »

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interest of Auze
Anyways, something I forgot to mention last time I wrote was that the last migrants accidentally violated the law of 40 dwarves here.
Ah well, if my plans come to fruition they will be used. After a brief discussion, I've come to the conclusion that we will conquer Cactushexes.
I have a two step plan on that:
Step 1: Kill most of their people with pillaging
Step 2: Send in some squad of disposables to mop up the remnant and occupy the fortress

But that's for later. Anyway, thanks to having more books to read than just Mateusz's autobiography, the Library is booming!

I decide to get a new source of books in order to keep the Librarians off my case, and there seems to be many to repossess at Sinewsabres.

While I was originally going to send the GraveWardens over, I realized that having Nogood sent to the necromancer tower is probably the kind of thing that gets you sent to cultural sensitivity training.
So instead, I gave them a ...different task. Razing the Goblin forest retreat of GlimmeredSanctum to the ground.

Summer has arrived! It's been quite a spring, but I feel for some reason like the rest of the year will pass more quickly.
The Rainbow Raptors have returned, and have brought five new books with them.

And right on time, the humans have arrived! Time for me to do my job.
The GraveWardens have returned with success, though they didn't manage to completely destroy GlimmeredSanctum this time.

Meanwhile, at the trade depot
Humans: "These crafts are well made, but isn't bone a little macabre?"
"Well, it's a material that there was plenty of and with not much use outside of this. You know, when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."
"What's a nail?"
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 10:06:32 pm by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

mko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The Dwarves: my only Mistake" was stolen from Sinewsabres by the dwarf Kol Paintsieged
What is the topic of the book?

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The Dwarves: my only Mistake" was stolen from Sinewsabres by the dwarf Kol Paintsieged
It's the memoir of one of the human necromancers about how he learned the secrets of life and death from a dwarven necromancer. It's also apparently very cheerful.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile

It's the memoir of one of the human necromancers about how he learned the secrets of life and death from a dwarven necromancer. It's also apparently very cheerful.
That leaves the question, of course... what was his only mistake, and why was he so cheerful about it?
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Engravings of Auze
Summer and autumn so far don't see to be that eventful, other than my sending the Rainbow Raptors to steal the slab which the demon who controls the goblins is connected to. Not sure if that was a good idea.

Addendum: They didn't manage to grab the slab, but they did manage to take no casualties.

Also, I've successfully exterminated the entire population of Glimmarsactum and Cactushexes. I guess Nogood can add "casually ended a century-long war bloodier than every other one combined" to his résumé.

A werepig attacked right as the caravan guard came out. It bit a merchant before we killed it. Now half of the merchants appear to be prone for some reason despite claiming to have embarked on their journey. Fortunately, it was fixed when I tore down the Trade Depot.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 10:30:41 am by auzewasright »

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is now a very confusing situation with the ghost of Nogood appearing... Nogood the forlorn ghoul is still alive.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile

Well... That raises some questions.

mko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is now a very confusing situation with the ghost of Nogood appearing... Nogood the forlorn ghoul is still alive.
I am incapable of writing this, but that deserved at least very short story about theological horror for Nogood. Who apparently is actually a soulless ghoul, given that his spirit appeared.

I am also unsure should I declare it as a bug or not.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile

Depends. If you can engrave a stone to put Nogood to rest, then it's not a bug per se.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for not updating over the past couple days, will finish up my turn soon (I hope).

StrikaAmaru

• Bay Watcher
  • [GMT+2][forum time +8]
    • View Profile

I am also unsure should I declare it as a bug or not.

Likely not; or at least, it's consistent with the usual behavior of revived corpses. Ever since the olden days of... 0.31.x? Dwarves who got killed and raised as undead would spawn ghosts even if their corpse was ambling around. The new behavior is that undead dorfs can be non-hostile, and even become citizens again.

... I wonder if that last bit is in the wiki.
Needs caffeine to get through the working day.
[Sigtext. Contains links to mods, LPs and an index of all the things I wrote on this forum. Does not contain a viable sig. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg6860463#msg6860463]

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Isn't a person and their ghostly self actually the same unit, hence why people are called ghosts throughout their legends history if they turn into a ghost? So how can that even be?

Though actually, it might be that the histfig is the same, but the units are different...

In either case, you should post a save!
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Isn't a person and their ghostly self actually the same unit, hence why people are called ghosts throughout their legends history if they turn into a ghost? So how can that even be?

Though actually, it might be that the histfig is the same, but the units are different...

In either case, you should post a save!
Here is the save, as of my previous update (haven't played since). Next update will hopefully finish my turn.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...huh.

I thought you were just talking about the name in the mission reports, but there he is, floating around as if it's the most ordinary thing in the world. I don't see his ghoulish body around anywhere, so I guess he misplaced it while out on the mission. Definitely worthy of a bug report.

He's still part of the squad and obeys station and mission orders, but doesn't seem to be able to attack or be attacked normally (I may have tried pitting him against one of the FBs). He' described as a murderous ghost, so keeping him around now may be a liability...

I'd like to ask that before slabbing him, he be included whenever we decide to deal with the necromancers at Sinewsabres. I think it's an appropriate way to end his story.

Edit: Also, Delphonso, you can add me to the end of the turn list. I should be settled by the time it rolls around.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 10:18:40 pm by nogoodnames »
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 109