Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 109

Author Topic: Smallhands - nearly 40 years and still tiny!  (Read 409365 times)

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smallhands - it's like a tiny home but filled with ghouls
« Reply #975 on: April 10, 2021, 06:11:32 pm »

Anything of Auze
   I decided to do the only thing I could do to deal with the crisis: I made a greenhouse.

An ettin came in... and was immediately killed by the heavily armed and trained population. Kinda terrified.

I then sent Recon on a wild goose chase that lead to her covering half the map. Oops.

Aaand then I accidentally sentenced a dwarf for a crime that he not only he didn't commit, but was actually a victim of.

I am not keeping my job, am I?
As well as that, I believe the lack of alcohol has already started a mental health crisis, even with me fixing it. This ain't good...
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 11, 2021, 06:03:29 am »

I'm sure it'll all turn out for the better in the end, keep up the good work.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 11, 2021, 06:11:18 am »

Accidentally convicting the plaintiff got a solid chuckle from me. Thanks for the post, auze!

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
  • Developing a race, explosive booze and death traps
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 11, 2021, 02:56:27 pm »

gotta love dwarven justice x3

"We've found the culprit and we're on the way to arrest them"
"Who was it?"
"YOU"

So the book about dimplesteal wasn't in dimplesteal. Hrm, it must be somewhere in the world, somewhere extremely well hidden if its eluding even my legendary investigative skills. Somewhere where mortals were not supposed to tred in all likelihood. Or stuffed down the back of a goblin sofa

good going auze! no greenhouse picture?
Urist McRecon cancels make exploding booze: Interrupted by bad idea
Urist McRecon cancels bad idea: missing raw files
Urist McRecon cancels add raw files: Interrupted by fortress mode
Urist McRecon cancels play fortress mode: Needs exploding booze
Urist McRecon cancels acquire exploding booze: No materials

Radiofort

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 17, 2021, 11:18:53 pm »

All right, I think I restored my rusty DFing skill to somewhat mediocre level now. Will be waiting for auze to finish his turn and Spriggans to continue, gonna jump in after them. Hope no one get hurt much.
Nice job, auze! Speaking of greenhouse, to which surface cultures we do have access here?
There is never enough of green glass.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 22, 2021, 11:35:17 pm »

Uh.... Auze?

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 23, 2021, 03:32:32 pm »

Uh.... Auze?
School's not gonna get any less busy, so here's my save. Sorry for taking so long.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 28, 2021, 12:59:01 pm »

thanks for your work auze, shame about school, i feel ya there

spriggans its your turn!

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 29, 2021, 08:01:32 am »

Yay. I don't feel like playing a turn ATM.

I have tons of IRL things to do (we just bought a new house, so there is lots to do !)

I pass the torch to the next guy ! Radiofort ! You're up !

EDIT :
btw, I tried to brute force Hell. It doesn't work. All our soliders die. Even the ghouls.

Packing them all like this, we killed only 8 demons...

When the fort runs out of players, and I have some time, I'll try and conquer it.
We could experiment with demon-ghouls. That'd be great.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 08:30:13 am by Spriggans »
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 29, 2021, 01:16:36 pm »

you know what? screw it, I'll have another turn but I wont be able to play till after the 11th (fuck exams)

smallhands is too good to let die!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 29, 2021, 07:24:40 pm »

Aye, ol' Smallhands seems to be winding down. Radiofort, let's see what you can do!

Perhaps we need to prepare a bit more before hell...or just smash all the demons with rocks. I hadn't considered how the more cramped map would make hell a bit tougher, as the demons are surely going to immediately pour into the fort, and any more who show up will too.

I'll add you to the roster, recon.

Radiofort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 29, 2021, 08:29:02 pm »

Aye, ol' Smallhands seems to be winding down. Radiofort, let's see what you can do!

Perhaps we need to prepare a bit more before hell...or just smash all the demons with rocks. I hadn't considered how the more cramped map would make hell a bit tougher, as the demons are surely going to immediately pour into the fort, and any more who show up will too.

Ok, I'll do it tomorrow, in my day-off. I think one, at least two days would be enough for a single year.

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 30, 2021, 03:54:22 am »

I've never actually dug into hell before, usually I've killed off a fort through other means first

Radiofort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: May 01, 2021, 01:23:43 am »

MESSED SCRIBLINGS
of Radiofort, the Mess Cleaner

Well, this year indeed begins strangely. Auze, who was re-appointed this year as overseer, urgently stepped down today for unexplained reason (I'm, as a physician, suspecting another mental breakdown). Guess who was appointed next? Still not really sure why they want me as overseer, though, as swamp fever, the bane of Smallhands, roasted me so well that part of my brain is literally melted. Sometimes I hear it blobbing in my head. Symptomes of that advanced fever (putting aside the liquid brain) include pronness to strange decisions and, sometimes, gibberish talking, but I think the last part spared me. Hark! Yark.

Speaking of liquids, Smallhands is still somewhat short of booze. Recon, our expert in a matter of drinks, is slaving like a cursed and provided us about 650 bottles already, but I suppose even our small community should burn through it in a couple of months (not mentioning that we have Auze here). I checked the labour shedule and found that only she were assigned on that important task. Meanwhile, a bunch of other citizens is actually doing, uh, nothing, chilling socially and kicking dung in such crucial time. The most appaling example was this fellow, who had literally no sheduled labor except of healthcare and seems to be treated as farmer only because he harvests occasionally. I caught him on very strange behaviour:

Bah! Gittawerk right now, you lazy sicko!

I know that he'll brew some crap, but crappy booze is still better than no booze. We already have four really pissed off beards on our hands who's tantruming constantly, and four angry beards is pretty more than our cramped society can handle. So go on and brew the shit out of that damn plants and fruits, curse you! Not literally shit, of course.

Fortunately, the food stock is full to the brim. We have a tons of prepared meals, so there's at least one problem for me to not deal with.

I think I found the other reason of unhappiness too: there's some dwarf skeletons lying in a refuse pile underground - probably some gobbo slaves from previous sieges or infamous "elf-lovers" to whom our former overseer was so hostile. Additional graves in our memorial tomb complex was ordered. I know Recon probably will want to have a word with me after, but they're still dwarfs and a dwarf skeleton is a thing no one really likes to see, especially if our fellows are tend to dart through that room on every occasion.

Spriggans the Necromancer is still here, raging in his sealed tower. One thing that troubles me a little is that he's actually free here - unchained, uncaged, unsomethinged, whatever, you got my point (You? Who? Yoo-hoo!). There's two windows in his room, so he potentially can break free through one of them and climb down to make our life funny again. I better keep an eye on that corpse-hugger...

Yes, speaking of corpses. While we have some spare hands, I decided to use a magma channel to tomb of Nogood for developement of out glass industry. Hope his soul won't treat it as a desecration, as we won't lay a finger not on tomb istelf, nor on You-Know-What stored inside of it. But seriously, just sitting here on unlimited source of wealth and won't using it at maximum freaks me out. I mean the sand, yes! Green glass is pretty, universally tradable, and with a magma channel we can turn literally all Smallhands into Emerald City of Oz (shmoz!). On the other hand, our current glass furnaces is half-way to the center of planet, so using them as actual workplaces is unefficient pain. I ordered to dig out a small room above magma channel for raw glass making, while old furnaces will have repeated sand-collecting orders. Though I'm not sure if we have enough bags... but that's another problem.

Our only jeweler need a practice too, as he's a legendary gem cutter (due to artifact creation), but have no points in gem setting, and wasting actual jewels on his training is too much of a luxury. So glass shall be useful here too.

I also found a weird thingamajig near the the magma channel - a net of short tunnels filled with water. I have no idea what is it - at first I thought it were a water reservoir for our well, but it not seem to be connected with any wells. Probably some irrigation project from previous overseers, or dousing system for magma leaks - whatever it is, I won't use it till I understand it's purpose.

Hah, speaking of irrigation. I'm not sure if it was Auze tinkering with his greenhouse project or some older story, but office of our mayor was swamped and now is full of mud. I don't think that it makes consulting dwarfs angrier, but it defenitely don't make them happier, as mud covers detailed floors they could admire. Strangely, the mayor himself don't seems to mind it:

That guy have some flexible understanding of decency.

Yes, looks like there'll be a lot of work to do...
----
TBC
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 09:43:59 pm by Radiofort »

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: May 01, 2021, 06:45:04 pm »

amazing start radiofort!

liquid brain, yowch, no wonder the smallhands fever is so bad

edit: I remember that office! it was where one of the mayors was assigned, that area is the abandoned asylum and it had a mist generator installed by a previous overseer

clearly its leaking :P that and the mayor may have two offices by mistake. I know the one next to my bedroom is my personal office when I was mayor but since then I ain't a clue, all I've been doing is being the fort's errand girl- rescuing imbeciles i sent to die, brewing booze, scouring hte map for artifacts etc
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 05:17:19 am by recon1o6 »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 109