Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 109

Author Topic: Smallhands - nearly 40 years and still tiny!  (Read 409873 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Smallhands - it's like a tiny home but filled with ghouls
« Reply #990 on: May 01, 2021, 11:45:57 pm »

Strong start indeed! I love the idea of an all-green underground for Smallhands!

The water stuff...honestly no idea. I think I was the one who set the office to the muddy patch. Previously occupied by our dogs...for some reason.

Radiofort

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: May 02, 2021, 10:17:52 am »

Thanks. The most hard part for me is write in character at least somewhat understandable, as I'm not a native speaker. I don't think I can accomplish a lot in that incomplete year, but I'll try to do as much as I can. I mean, not ruin everything, heh.
I remember that office! it was where one of the mayors was assigned, that area is the abandoned asylum and it had a mist generator installed by a previous overseer

clearly its leaking :P that and the mayor may have two offices by mistake. I know the one next to my bedroom is my personal office when I was mayor but since then I ain't a clue, all I've been doing is being the fort's errand girl- rescuing imbeciles i sent to die, brewing booze, scouring hte map for artifacts etc
A funny thing is that our mayor obviously prefers to work in that swamped room. Maybe he (or she, I don't remember) likes the smell of manure in a morning.
I love the idea of an all-green underground for Smallhands!
I'm actually a bit of green glass' fanboy for a long time, as it's a perfect material for almost everything. It's also less FPS-hostile than stonecrafting, because If you have a sand and magma, you don't even need to dig our new tiles.

MESSED SCRIBLINGS
of Radiofort, the Mess Cleaner

Well, turns out no one in Smallhands found that Auze's joke with accusation of victim funny. Memories of that incident tightly keep the fortress' mood on disturbingly low level. Even Salmeuk is a bit grumpy about that, and you need really something to piss Salmeuk off. Unfortunately for that poor fellow, unmade justice angers Armok, so nothing can be done about it. There's a steady stream of complainers into mayor's office who just want to explain us how much of a nuts we're all, and mayor Avuz is slowly becoming annoyed too. As for me, I'm just simulating brain paralysis any time someone approaches with clear intention to yell at me. Not really hard for someone who is a doctor himself, and I do. Doop-dee doo.

But seriously, something should be done quickly about that situation. We already have our first victim:

Our carver/presser Dastot finally snapped. She kept herself together as long as she could, but working outside, exposed to sun and rain, never makes dwarf happy. The accusation scandal must have been a last straw. Now she runs here and there, turning tables, looking under beds and yelling "criminal, get away, I've seen ya". She probably developed the same stamm of fever that I have, but it obliously hits her much more harshly. I heard before about insanity treatment, so called "Amontillado method", but when I asked Recon about Amontillado she answered that we don't brew that stuff here. Sadly, you can't have everything in one fortress.

While Avuz stoutly endures the strikes of common's anger, Auze is hiding in his room. Maybe we should just leave him alone to his griefs.

Glass production have begun, though on a small scale for now, as our glassmakers are all feverish and hardly remember how to work with stuff. I personally took a job of blowing the raw glass - my first products was horrible, but a 10 000 miles way begins from the first step. We have a plenty of non-decorated beds and stone furniture to encrust, so our jewelers started to work again. When we'll beat up our hands, the first order should be making of glass boxes, as most of our people don't have even a lousy wooden chest, not to speak of good comfy stone coffer. Still not sure if we'll be able to launch a full-scale glassification of Smallhands till the end of year, but even the worst glass items worth two times more than a stone ones, so at least we'll have a trade goods supply for a next caravan.

At the beginning of summer, four migrants approached our vicinity - unfortunately, they came through the goo swamp, so their moving request was declined. Sorry, folks, but we already have a plenty of swamp bacillas here to bring new hungry ones inside. Go somewhere else, where they know the cure for that damn stuff. We didn't call you here, to begin with, damn it! Especially this guy:

A full of I-don't-give-a-fuckness dude, who's only relations is his deity and two kittens, is so obviously vampiric that my neck starts to itch even where I am. Get out, vampo, there's enough undeads without you. Though if I wouldn't be an overseer I'd say his taste for blood amaranth could paint out life in somewhat WoDish colours. Shwodish... Swedish? Swen, swan, swine. DID YOU HEAR ME? GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE NOW, YOU VAM-PIG!!!

Meanwhile, our unlucky plaintiff snapped too, though not in the same foul way that Dastot had. For some reason he claimed the most far magma forge and now is gadgeting something from tin here. Looks like it won't be over soon. I suspect that he made up whole mood thing to joyously slack off his penitence in a warm cozy depts. Well, he better have an artifact on his hands next time we meet, or there'll be a... consequences.

Speaking of which, Dastot finally gave in to dehydration in the last month of summer. Well, we in Smallhands have our methods to deal with bad-timed deaths. I'm not really into all that necro-shmecro mumbojumbo, but poor lass deserves at least a chance to spit back in a fate's face. Auze brought her body to Rejuvenation Chambers and we exposed her to our prisoner's foul magic.

Hark, this girl is a lucky one, indeed. I was not sure if all would go smoothly, but it did. When Dastot walked out of chamber and I met her with congratulations for safe return, she looked at me with blank eyes and told "Release Edzul, you bastards." Then she just walked away to mill plants. It seems that situation really had an impact on her. Well, at least she's not a zombie.

Speaking of Edzul and justice... Who is our current guard captain? And where in the world is KingZultan?
------------------
OOC: I really have no idea what happened to KingZultan. I can't find his name not in living, nor in missing/deceased roster, and I don't remember anybody reported his death. His post is vacant. Am I missing something?

TBC
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 01:05:40 pm by Radiofort »
There is never enough of green glass.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: May 03, 2021, 05:26:48 am »

Oh no I have become lost, what will Smallhands do without me?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radiofort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: May 03, 2021, 11:23:53 am »

I checked legends, and it seems at the beginning of Castimier's turn there were some unprotocoled skirmish. 1 gobbo with 2 dwarf slaves attacked fortress, and while a goblin was struck down swiftly, one of the slaves managed to take KingZultan with him. Though it's weird that I still can't find him even as a missing dwarf.

edit: I checked again, Castimier did mention a skirmish, though omitting losses. Probably just overlooked, because KingZultan was the only loss.
Oh no I have become lost, what will Smallhands do without me?
Beats me. I'm still don't completely get all that new justice system with interrogations and stuff, so I'm not sure who should work as a guard captian. The most reasonable candidate is probably our mayor Avuz, but with all that pile of complaints she's already strained enough to burden her with additional duties.

Well... let's just hope nothing too criminal will happen until the year ends.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 11:46:10 am by Radiofort »

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
  • Developing a race, explosive booze and death traps
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 03, 2021, 12:47:50 pm »

oof, king zultan's demise is a bit more than a mere footnote, she's been a mainstay of the fortress for ages

I petition her for the legends of the fort burial chamber for exemplary service to smallhands. those are the big rooms full of engraving space or they were..its been a few years  :P
Urist McRecon cancels make exploding booze: Interrupted by bad idea
Urist McRecon cancels bad idea: missing raw files
Urist McRecon cancels add raw files: Interrupted by fortress mode
Urist McRecon cancels play fortress mode: Needs exploding booze
Urist McRecon cancels acquire exploding booze: No materials

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: May 03, 2021, 04:20:36 pm »

If the vampire migrant is still there, can I request that you move him to my Tower. By my side ?

Clearly, a vampy coming especially in this fort, near the Tower. It must mean something....
And with these big windows in the Tower, he surely knows Spriggans the sparkly is inside.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 04:25:15 pm by Spriggans »
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Radiofort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 04, 2021, 12:02:43 pm »

MESSED SCRIBLINGS
of Radiofort, the Mess Cleaner

I begin to suspect that Recon is not so wrong in her prejudice againist elves as I thought before:

Doesn't matter if it's just a bird, a crime is a crime. I better myself interrogate that little punk, as no one else seems to be willing to mess with a previous overseer (except Recon, of course, but I'm worried that things may become too much bloody that way). Get into corner, you small fry!

Meanwhile, our society commissioned a sculpture in the memory of ever-vigilant KingZultan. Entire hallway in a tomb complex was assinged for his memorial. He'll forever hold his honorable place between the heroes of Smallhands.

Maybe it's not rich, but the sand it was made of is what our fortress is based upon. To turn into homeland's flesh with a flow of burning earth's blood is a honor I personally would be proud about.

Speaking of soil, there's two more news about that migrants that came here before. First of all, this dude named Ber actually wasn't a vampire - I noted how he downed entire barrel of beer. Seconds, I noted it when he with other lazy bums somehow made it into a fortress, despite swamp area being sealed away. After spotting them in a feast hall, I stormed into my office and sniffed through all maps of that corner. Eventually the breach was found out - a small bit of first cavern was somehow connected with surface through a hole, so they climbed down here. To be honest, I'm feeling a bit relieved, as I never liked the idea of letting poor fellows die here from starvation and swamp fever. On the other hand, now we have a fresh source of that fever inside again. I ordered to seal the damn hole as fast as possible.

Masonry was done just in time - I just received an urgent message:

Hark! Looks like gobbos again want to touch a major thorn in their ass which is Smallhands. Well, it's just a small squa...

Oh, man.

OH, MAN.

We was purely lucky that in this entire moment one of non-feverish dwarfs walked through a control room and reacted properly on echo of my inrecognisable yell from the other side of level. In a blink of eye the whole surface was flooded with human mercenaries, elf pikemen, goblins and their cursed slaves who dared to rise weapon againist their own kin. We managed to seal the front gate right before their noses and called everyone to safe zone. Fortunately, no one was outside at the moment. Unfortunately, there was a damn bunch of shooters in their ranks, so sending our Swamp Hunters in a skirmish would be surely a bloodshed for us. After a swift briefing with Salmeuk and Avuz, we decided to lure the bastards inside of Goo Hive.

The next second after they rushed inside, we realized that half of Goo Hive's control levers is well, ya know, dismantled. Where should be four levers, now is only two - the others probably was moved somewhere by previous overseers of just toppled by some bearded neurotic who was for a bit too long separated from his precious goddess of whatever WEEVILMESSIAH SMITE AND CURSE THE- *inrecognisable*

So, basically, only the first wave of our defences was operational. But it still covered a splendid part of tunnel, so goblin attack was eventually stopped and crushed, though a small pack of bastards managed to rush through it into tunnels of malfunctioning Wave 2. There they were ambushed by Siege Breakers, who disposed of them swiftly. Still, about 1/3 of attackers turned our invitation down and camped in front of our gate, blocking it, and still there was a lot of shooters between them.

In that moment I received two reports. First one was simply outrageous:

Goddamn it, that's EXACTLY what we need now!

Second one, though, was much more interesting: most of remained shooter slaves was actually a bowdwarfs, not marksdwarfs. That was entirely another deal, as we beards are just not into longbows, especially when sober and slaving for greenskins. Gobbos made a mistake here, so we exploited it on a full scale: Swamp Hunters for some time rained them with bolts from the upper bastion (filthy traitors couldn't even shoot back at them), after which a flanking assault of Siege Breakers made a final blow to disorganised enemies. We have one lightly wounded marksdwarf (that fellow for some reason decided to walk through a Goo Hive, met an enemy speardwarf here and bashed his head in with a crossbow) and no casualties. And though our frontgate is covered with dwarven corpses again, it's not our corpses:

Long live the Smallhands!
---------------
OOC: seriously, who messed up the Goo Hive? I almost lost my shit after realizing that we probably have no actual way to hold off that horde. Going to reinstall all levers back, we have a plenty of idle mechanisms.

TBC
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 09:47:10 pm by Radiofort »

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 05, 2021, 03:02:51 pm »

Nice update !  ;D
Too bad for the vamp, could have done science... I wonder if our ghouls could be vampified  ???
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Radiofort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 05, 2021, 08:59:41 pm »

Nice update !  ;D
Too bad for the vamp, could have done science... I wonder if our ghouls could be vampified  ???
Doubt it, as ghouls don't drink. Though it's probably possible to make dead vampires ghoulified, but I'm highly unsure if there's any purpose in this except of getting just another regular ghoul.

I'm sorry, folks, but finishing update would be delayed for about two days, as yesterday I took a massive sunburn at work and even typing on keyboard is painful now. I promise I won't delay it too much, just need a bit of time to mend that shit.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 09:19:40 pm by Radiofort »

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
  • Developing a race, explosive booze and death traps
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 06, 2021, 04:30:12 am »

not a problem about the delay, as i said, i cant start till after monday
Urist McRecon cancels make exploding booze: Interrupted by bad idea
Urist McRecon cancels bad idea: missing raw files
Urist McRecon cancels add raw files: Interrupted by fortress mode
Urist McRecon cancels play fortress mode: Needs exploding booze
Urist McRecon cancels acquire exploding booze: No materials

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 06, 2021, 04:39:07 am »

A fitting memorial to Kingzultan the dwarf.

And with that dwarf put to rest I'd like to be redwarfed.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 06, 2021, 06:04:31 am »

I'm sorry, folks, but finishing update would be delayed for about two days, as yesterday I took a massive sunburn at work and even typing on keyboard is painful now. I promise I won't delay it too much, just need a bit of time to mend that shit.

That's one hell of a sunburn.
No worries - these posts have been amazing! So sorry to hear Zultan is missing - but glad she didn't die at the hands of goblins, as far as we know.

Nice update !  ;D

I really want to know if ghouls can be cursed and what werebeasthood would do to them when they "recovered".

Add me to the overseer list please. I should like to discover for myself just how dysfunctional a mere two embark tiles can truly be.
not a problem about the delay, as i said, i cant start till after monday

Updating the front page now - took me long enough to put both of you on the roster... I'm so bad at this.

Radiofort or the next overseer, would you mind ensuring these dorfings happen/have happened?

Can I be Dorfed? Me want to drink alcohol and kill undead. Waaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
Wait, God dammit, Wrong race. Dwarf, Not orc.
Requesting to be dorfed as an animal trainer as I read my way through the thread.
just backread and god damn that was a wild ride. on the plus side it did prepare me for the intelligent undead that popped up in my fort after an incident with a forgotten beast and visiting necromancer.
i'd like to request a dorfing too. someone with a preference for crabs, if possible :P

« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 06:15:22 am by delphonso »

Radiofort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 07, 2021, 01:25:17 pm »

MESSED SCRIBLINGS
of Radiofort, the Mess Cleaner Janitor

Looks like I found out who wrecked up the Goo Hive's control room:

What in the deep you're doing, you freaking moron?! Maybe you're planning to just say to another blood-thirsty goblin "sorry, gobbo, I was pissed off, so no stones for ya"? Guilty! And I don't give a shit if you're our only proper armorsmith! I don't even need an interrogation, the whole fortress seen you there!

Useless monkey, if you feel regretful after it, just don't do it!

Elpho, on the other hand, shows a good signs of repent:

But still no mead for you! You haven't repented enough! Yakt!

Meanwhile, Dastot gone nuts again, this time as a ghoul. Now she's running commando, spewing some nonsense. And you know what? I don't care. If you wanna go nuts, lassy, go nuts then. At least she can't starve anymore, and our fortress are too macabre in a last years. Maybe we can employ her as a mad strip-jester.

After we took Solon in custody, Goo Hive's lever system was repaired. We fixed Wave 2 and TooMany, though I couldn't find where's so called 'Stinger' is located. Maybe my documentation is too obsolete. The broken stone-fall traps, on the other hand, aren't worthy of fixing, as I think I have a better replacement for them:

As we still can't afford to waste our supplies of metal on traps, we can use glass blades and discs in our weapon traps. Though they cannot slice through iron, they can penetrate copper and as so is damn good at cutting off unprotected body parts like foots and hands, rendering enemies bleeding and helpless. They're also fire-proof and magma-proof, easy to install, very light and worth quite a cash, so exceeding stock can be just sold out. Not to mention that rooms trapped with this lasses are really rich...

Though I, myself, am actually pretty grumpy too, as my plans to glassificate the Smallhands was effectively scuffed by recent assault. Though we successfully repelled the foes, they left our entrance and labyrinth so messy that for all autumn we only tossed their rotten chunks into atom smasher. I must admit, though, that while I was dragging the enemy slave's severed lower part to the cleaning room, a stench of miasma reacted with melted part of my brain in... a proper way. My mind finally became clear and realised our true target. There's no time for us to indulge in fancy glass furniture - the greenskins landed a strike on us one time, so they're likely to do it twicely. I must be more focused, more... militant-minded than I was before. When enemies attack us, we do not just roll and cover behind the traps - nay, we strike back.

First of all, I revised the uniform of Vile Goo squad, assigning them metal harness. In the last battle we managed to scavenge a lot of dwarven-sized armor, and though it's all iron & copper, of lame quality and battered, a crappy armor is still better than no armor, not to mention that our smith is jailed for 180 days and going to be beaten after that. At least they can train in armor usage with it till the moment next overseer decide to melt that stuff and forge some better gear.

Seconds, I passed my temporal duty of guard captain to ZultanKing (by the way, do his name sound somewhat familiar, or it's just me?), as I feel I'm just not cut out for that work. In a course of hardening our defences, the Small Guard regiment was expanded with two recent migrant groups (the second one, fortunately, came through the sand area) to a full 10-beards unit. They was assigned a new barracks and scheduled a new timetable - while some of them patroling a fortress, the others are going to train in a spear & shield combat, so if things would go messy they'll be able to hold the ground, at least. I know that most of overseers are reluctant to arm guards, as they have a tendency to become stab-happy when administering beatings, but I'm not going to change my decision. A safety of the whole fortress is on the stake, and if some scoundrel are going to pay for his crimes with his blood, so be it. In such a harsh times, no troublemakers will be tolerated.

Thirds, I also reworked a schedule for Vile Goo training and re-assembled another squad, which was almost empty before - the Overseer army. In the most of fortresses present and former overseers are frequently viewed as a special caste and tend to refrain from military duties, but now it's time for us to be a role model for all good commoners of the Smallhands. I personally signed myself in and is currently training under Recon's command (she, between us, is the most experienced in art of war). The schedule was composed in a way that at least four of us can carry out our civilian duties, while the others are sweating in barracks. It's not easy, but Recon says it's better to flog soldiers before battle than to bury them after, and I think she have a point here.

Thus way, our life has become quite martial, as out of 65 citizens of Smallhands 50 is in the army now (though not on a constant basis) - only children and a skeleton crew of farmers and craftsmen was spared of recruitment in any squads, so tending the fields and doing essential works won't be delayed even if all four regiments would be mobilized.

I should remark it's a way we must resort to - looking on the map I, with a heavy heart, must admit that we, in fact, are fighting a losing war. Our allies are weak and scattered, our Mountainhomes are taken from us by greenskins, so there won't be any help for us - it's us who became Mountainhomes for other settlements, and it's now our duty to lend them a helpful hand. Smallhands is in the center of an evil axis between our former capital and a foul Dark Fortress ruled by the blind demon.

Now it's time for us to sever that axis.

[1]Sadly, reclaiming Mountainhomes are beyond our strength, yet we still can deal a blow to goblinic communications, cutting off their supply lines. We found a weak spot - our former hillocks near mountains, now occupied with greenskins. Though once it was a dwarven home, now it must be erased from earth, like a pediculous robe that must be burned. I must admit I gave a quite risky order, sending Siege Breakers, backed up with Vile Goo, into assault, as they're our main defence force, yet sometimes some things are just need to be done.

It eventually turned out quite well, though not without shenanigans and casualties - we lost one fighter from Vile Goo, and one of the ghouls, Kubuk the miner, returned home as a ghost. I heard that things like this happened before and we know a way to deal with it, but decided to not use that methods after some thinking. Ghosts are invulnerable, aren't they? Maybe we can use it in a future clashes...

The loot was mediocre, but whatever. It was never a main goal, to begin with.

While our brave soldiers were going to enjoy their rest, the Swamp Hunters received another order. Their target was another hillocks to the southwest, poor and unremarkable, where they were tasked with forcing the local greenskins to pay us tribute. Potentially, this could lead to disorder and growing mutual mistrust between their capital and local gouvernments. Potentially...

The raid's results was somewhat dubious this time, but a ten dead trolls are still better than nothing. Moreover, my suggestion about ghost was right! But...

But now it's time for me to step aside and make way for someone else, probably more talented than me. Looking back now, I must admit I was at most mediocre overseer and my achievements, compared to others, was mediocre too, but it was my best and I doubt I could do it any better way. I won't demand not an important place in this fortress' history, nor a special room, office or tomb, and even the pompous title of Mess Cleaner, as I see now, is not suit me, as on my duty I probably made much more mess than was before. So from now, just call me Janitor.

NB: still no mead for Elpho! He's not repenting hard enough!
-----------
OOC: I decided to not memorise Kubuk off-map, as he's not a named character and would work nicely as a lab rat for that ghoul-turns-ghost glitch. I'm not sure but it seems he became invulnerable and also have a tendency to rush into any missions not minding the squad assignation. Maybe, if we manage to gather a whole squad of ghosts, we'll even be able to claim Mountainhomes back? The story suddenly recieved a bit of Tolkien aroma...

I also had at some point the weird idea of claiming Cactushexes. That fort's defences stayed sound for about 150 years of constant war, and as no one seems to have any interest in it's ruins now, it probably could be used as a sort of chronocapsule for our civilization: new settlers can bulk up their forces here, while gobbos are wasting their time with Smallhands. I don't think other hillocks will last for long with 4000 enemies in Mountainhomes and 6000 in their own shithole, but Cactushexes probably can. I had not time, nor the spare hands to try this, but if some next player would have any useless migrants, he/she may try - if wants, of course.

There's a loads of food and booze in stock now, yet the mood is still somewhat low: I tried my best, but basking in miasma had done a bad job. I probably should be tossing the corpses outside... Keep an eye on Solon, Elpho and Urist the surgeon - the latter was haggard for a whole year and is very likely to snap. He's in custody now too, after tossing some knuckle sandwiches around in a feast hall.

As Salmeuk is in the army now, the validation of orders can take a time, so just remove him from squad if something important will be needed.

[1] This screenshot was modified, as at first I wanted to send all three operational squads into assault, but then decided to hold Swamp Hunters for next mission yet forgot to make current shot and also forgot to replace 3 with 2 when uploading. Sorry, folks.

Sorry, again, for poor writing and grammar. All dorfing requests was fulfilled. Here's the save file. Good luck, Recon!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 08:17:00 am by Radiofort »

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 08, 2021, 03:40:46 am »

I think it's me, actually.

I shall download the save and have a look around before I dorf myself. Let's see what fresh horrors we have to work with here...

Immediate reaction: by god this is small. I mean, I knew it was gonna be small, I read at least some of the thread, but seeing that the entire map fits into the game window is kind of a shock.

The dwarves of Smallhands are not too badly broken, all things considered. Only three of them actually have particularly severe stress problems: the fourth is Dastot, our newest forlorn ghoul. I imagine her stress will gradually make it's way back to zero over time since she no longer experiences anything resembling dwarven emotions now.

Actually... [grabs my dorfing pen]... I know we've already had ghoul overseers, but I'm feeling the need to micromanage the crap out of this place, and who better to overhaul the management dwarves than she who suffered the most? So, say hi everyone to Smallhands newest emotionless overseer, the Dwarf Bone Carver Forlorn... Ghol?

Spoiler: Yep, Ghol (click to show/hide)

... the Dwarf Bone Carver Forlorn Ghol formerly known as Dastot.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 04:55:37 am by QuQuasar »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 08, 2021, 04:31:56 am »

Hilarious to me that Elpho is stress out of his goard. He doesn't do anything! What is he stressed about?!

Glad to have you, QuQuasar the Ghol. Is it really a Smallhands overseer if they haven't died at least once?
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 109