Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 109

Author Topic: Smallhands - nearly 40 years and still tiny!  (Read 411863 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Smallhands - this fort is now about Troghoulytes
« Reply #1425 on: February 05, 2022, 11:31:06 pm »

meanwhile my players are fighting Armok tonight. He's just toying with them tonight.
Meanwhile I'm working on a homebrew campaign set in a lightly modded Dwarf Fortress world, and Armok is one of the dozen or so significant gods. :D

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
  • Developing a race, explosive booze and death traps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 06, 2022, 06:46:55 am »

meanwhile my players are fighting Armok tonight. He's just toying with them tonight.
Meanwhile I'm working on a homebrew campaign set in a lightly modded Dwarf Fortress world, and Armok is one of the dozen or so significant gods. :D

My homebrew world does have some of the fortresses I've been in as actual locations. Armok himself is basically letting the "top god" of the dwarves hold his post for him while he goes and has fun.

So far they have been to Redgem the blue gem, Dimplesteal (captured but fled) they spotted Boatmurdered and want to go there and they've done a lot for smallhands. They also almost drowned in the Tall Bar's magma because one of them is a goblinoid and another was mistaken for a Feywild creature.
As for why Armok's having a friendly brawl with them in a set of trials older than Armok himself, well he owes someone a favour for a large bottle of alcohol and its time to pay up.
Urist McRecon cancels make exploding booze: Interrupted by bad idea
Urist McRecon cancels bad idea: missing raw files
Urist McRecon cancels add raw files: Interrupted by fortress mode
Urist McRecon cancels play fortress mode: Needs exploding booze
Urist McRecon cancels acquire exploding booze: No materials

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: February 07, 2022, 08:26:29 pm »

Fixed the roster. It's been tough getting time to myself after moving and since delphonso jr. is about 1.5 years old - she's gotten very...reckless with her play and needs undivided attention to avoid her, you know, high diving off the sofa.

Yeek Elf-foe was introduced and allied with - a player immediately said "this guy fucks" when they met him. I'm giving the group a few options for campaigns - one of which is basically a retelling of The Hobbit - which will certainly lend itself to a lot of DF references.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: February 09, 2022, 10:57:05 pm »

Yeah, my bad for not updating. It's been busy...

Unrelated, in my DnD game, I named a goblin 'Yeek Elf-foe' as a little reference for myself towards Elpho.
ahaha nice
a nice reversal, too, with Elpho the Elflover named ‘elf-foe’.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 16, 2022, 05:27:23 am »

welp, its been nearly two weeks and no xkcd post. might need to skip him in a few days

xkcd1963

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: February 16, 2022, 11:38:46 am »

Working on it  :-[ :)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: February 16, 2022, 12:09:28 pm »

Sign me up for a turn please
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

xkcd1963

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: February 17, 2022, 12:57:23 pm »

28th Obsidian 182
So, puh. Into it. First thing .. so many items. We have almost 4000 silver bolts! Great, whom are we going to penetrate with that? And almost 15k food units, we are not going to suffer from starvation anytime soon.
I'm quite uncertain how to proceed with the ghosts in the fortress as I read that some missions took place which caused the co-existence of benign intelligent undead and their counterpart ghosts, but they freak half of the fortress out. Nezclaw and Zan Delethdeduk are to be memorialized (their fleshy counterparts are not on missions).
Solon, the "Raptor" was for some reason in a perpetual in the cemetery, forbidding Vucar Logemsanreb's skeleton solved the issue.
A lot of dwarfes suffer intense fever probably due to the vile goo that is raining occasionally.

2nd Granite 183
Two Osprey Man ghouls have been caged.

I could not befriend myself with the hollowed out hill on the eastern side, as gravity and erosion would have caused the cavity to collapse (OCD?). I hence tasked myself to follow my better judgement and make nature's laws happen.

16th Granite
Malfoy is throwing a tantrum. I rather not have her start a fist fight and look for a temporary "happiness" room and found the Asylum. She complied with the orders but not before accidentally destroying two farmers workshops, a quern and not before beating the sh☼t out of a beakdog.

21th Granite
A beakdog started tearing through some kittens, dogs and our spiritual leader Imic sacred mirth. The cycle of pointless violence...

18th Felsite
A buzzard has stolen masterwork prepared molemarian heart roast. Our masterchef feels uneasy about this desecration. The military has been ordered to exterminate all buzzard intruders.

1st Hematite
A vile force of darkness has arrived! About 130 invaders. Some weapon traps have been triggered. A petdog and a stray cat succumbed to goblins. The fortress is surrounded by the enemy. Soldiers have been called to the beak and wardog pasture.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The first wave was upon forcing their way through the stone doors, a female speargoblin was but rather surprised by the ferocity of the fortress beasts and retreats in the hallway. The next invaders are a sword and hammergoblin who stand ground with the speargoblin. After the initial animal brute attack the ferocity of the dwarfs behind cannot be stopped.
Meanwhile a fight broke out between grizzly bears and goblins who strayed away from the main attack.
Radiofort, despite not being part of the military, charges courageously forward, but flying bolts and a speardwarf quickly put an end to his ineffective but nevertheless much appreciated attack. May our wizards put new live into his body.
As the onslaught in the hallway progressed, while on temporary retreat, FEVERED Berast had lost his ability to stand and was left behind, as his disappearance was noticed, the other mighty warriors rushed to defend him. It was, sadly, not enough to safe him, and another dwarf leaves his life for the defence of this fortress.
After several days of intense fighting, the siege was lifted.

1st Limestone
The enemy have come and are laying siege to the fortress!
Those humans came here to taunt us though, not more, since none of their hooligans has come with weapons. And they brought Water Buffalo Bull Recruits. They had been taken care of in a swift and merciless manner.

1st Moonstone
A vile force of darkness has arrived! Incredible amount of almost 300 invaders! Lots of beakdog riders, some trolls.
Due to this overwhelming force it has been decided to release the magma, which reduced some 60 invaders to tiny ash humps.

20th Moonstone
As the siege continued, a reckless troll decided to destroy the floodgate that served in the past for nurturing soil and grow trees. But it happened to be winter and the water outside the tunnel froze.

26th Moonstone
The local necromancers decided to have some fun on their behalf and raised grizzly bear skeletons who made our invading friends some amenities. Sparkly even entered a martial trance!

27th Moonstone
In order to levy the siege the HiveAccess has been opened. But just as this happened the besiegers decided to leave the site. Some remaining stragglers have been eradicated, albeit one troll remains that somehow found entrance into our water reservoir (he later climbed his way inside the fortress and destroyed a door, but has been put down without casualties).

16th Opal
"Oh, a grand collapse of earth shattered the fortress, a great depression surfaced where once was our bear breeding. I can't quite fathom how such disaster could struck then our mountainengineers were confident in their making. From survey it is safe to say that the necromancer tower still stays. We did some complementary digging as to decrease of such happenings and walled unwanted entrances to the fortress. Armok Weevilmessiah be with us" – random dwarf

:::

The last month I had been trying to resurrect fallen dwarfes, namely Nezclaw & Radiofort but I realised too late they were mangled and only partial skeletons were available. The ice melted somewhere end of Obsidian and the former bear breeding ground becomes a swamp now. And yea thats it for my year. We survived three sieges but besides that nothing spectacular happened.

File: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15844
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 08:57:07 pm by xkcd1963 »

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: February 17, 2022, 01:51:32 pm »

three sieges, good grief. Weevilmessiah really wants me us dead. Well done xkcd! It sounds like you had quite the year

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: February 17, 2022, 02:32:17 pm »

Wow ! Did Spriggans actually rezurected something ??
Ahah ! I knew it !
I knew these windows in my Tower would be purposeful !  ;D

And what do you mean "nothing spectacular happened" ??!
What's with the giant cave in ? ???
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 02:37:50 pm by Spriggans »
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

xkcd1963

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: February 17, 2022, 03:13:20 pm »

three sieges, good grief. Weevilmessiah really wants me us dead. Well done xkcd! It sounds like you had quite the year
The work on the artificial cave-in was constantly interrupted! Grarh. Took me a while to find all relevant levers.

Wow ! Did Spriggans actually rezurected something ??
Ahah ! I knew it !
I knew these windows in my Tower would be purposeful !  ;D
Wasn't the wall surrounding the tower placed actually for the purpose of preventing him from resurrecting stuff?

And what do you mean "nothing spectacular happened" ??!
What's with the giant cave in ? ???
Ahhh that one :P

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: February 17, 2022, 03:48:51 pm »

Wasn't the wall surrounding the tower placed actually for the purpose of preventing him from resurrecting stuff?

no it was to prevent dwarves and immigrants going in and getting fevered since thats where the goo rains

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: February 17, 2022, 08:00:06 pm »

A lot of dwarfes suffer intense fever probably due to the vile goo that is raining occasionally.
Not again...
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: February 17, 2022, 09:44:12 pm »

A lot of them were already fevered, weren't they?

Bombyx Mori

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: February 18, 2022, 01:01:19 am »

I'm not sure about the wisdom of collapsing a third of the surface and turning our tree farm into a pool :-\
Also the next overseer should watch out, one corner of the pool has vile goo.
On the plus side, I guess we can build something in the empty space. Maybe some fish will even materialize in the water!

A lot of them were already fevered, weren't they?
Yes, although looking around the fortress I saw a lot more fevered cats than I remember...
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 109