Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 109

Author Topic: Smallhands - nearly 40 years and still tiny!  (Read 402613 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Smallhands - nearly 40 years and still tiny!
« on: January 31, 2020, 08:43:55 pm »

No one asked for it and I've delivered. A fort for those of us with laptops/terrible computers and want to join in on the succession fun is finally here. Of course, anyone is allowed to join in on the fun. Just make sure to turn on the pop-cap.

Welcome to Smallhands!

A small fort, nestled between a necromancer tower and the goblin civilization. We've got suicidal Forgotten Beasts. We've got a lone survivor. We've got intelligent undead who come back as a ghost and then come back to life. We've got unkillable zombie echidnas! Watch as the tiny fort recovers from the literal edge of extinction. Also check out nogoodnames' incredible art.

Parts:
Spoiler: Year 6 mko (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Year 8 Salmeuk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Year 11 applet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Year 14 recon1o6 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Year 17 applet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Year 30 recon1o6 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Year 31 Salmeuk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Year 36 xkcd1963 (click to show/hide)

------
Overseers:

1 delphonso
2 Salmeuk
3 auzewasright
4 Laterigrade
5 nogoodnames
6 mko
7 delphonso
8 Salmeuk
9 auzewasright
10 StrikaAmaru
11 applet
12 Spriggans
13 nogoodnames
14 recon1o6
15 delphonso
16 StrikaAmaru
17 applet
18 nogoodnames
19 recon1o6
20 Salmeuk
21 StrikaAmaru
22 delphonso
23 Castimier
24 Radiofort
25 QuQuasar
26 recon1o6
27 delphonso
28 StrikaAmaru
29 fatcat__25
30 recon1o6
31 Salmeuk
32 Bombyx Mori
33 Spriggans
34 recon1o6
35 xkcd1963
36 MrWillsauce
37 xkcd1963
38 AvolitionBrit
39 fatcat__25 (ruined by delphonso)
40 recon1o6
41 Open to whoever would like it!

If you want to oversee or just get dorfed, let us know!
I'm currently working on backing up the entire thread (well, the fort updates) in PDF format! Stay tuned for that. It's going very slowly!
I've now reached the character cap for this post. I'll be removing things such as favorite posts and synopses as we continue. Sorry!

Rules!
  • Standard succession rules: a turn is 1 year, or two weeks – whichever happens first.
  • Try not to destroy this tiny fort. Bad things happen, don't cause them intentionally.
  • Before making RP decisions for others, let them know and discuss it.
  • Try to dorf anyone who hasn't been already on your turn.

Performance Settings!
  • Go ahead and set the following in your d_init file.

[POPULATION_CAP:50]
    [STRICT_POPULATION_CAP:60]

[VISITOR_CAP:5]

[INVASION_SOLDIER_CAP:60]
    [INVASION_MONSTER_CAP:30]
    (just so the game is playable during a siege – this should still be plenty deadly.
  • You'll notice this is a very small embark. Please use space responsibly.
  • There is an aquifer – be courteous when it comes to large water-works.
  • Animals will also eat up FPS – try to keep populations low.
  • After a brief discussion with their peers, nogoodnames removed a tag from echidna - as their indestructibility was causing lag in large fights. Should a porcupine or other roll-able creature become undead, the tag [PREVENTS_PARENT_COLLAPSE] can be removed.

Finally, should the need arise, I might go through and run some FPS saving scripts with DFHack from time-to-time. Hopefully, that won't be necessary.

-~-~-~-~-

Spoiler: Favorite posts/images (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 06:48:47 am by delphonso »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smallhands - a small fort for small computers (small overseers wanted!)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 08:44:14 pm »

Smallhands: Prologue

-~-~-~-

Deduk Domasshem marched with all confidence between the hillocks of Limârňnul – Wealthymirrored, as the uneducated called it.  His heavy boots smashed through thin layers of snow and his wide body cast an intimidating silhouette. The late-winter sun was just starting to rise as he reached a small mound with a finely crafted door. He hesitated, then steeled his nerves. He knocked twice firmly. A scrawny dwarf appeared behind it – groggily wiping the sleep from her eyes.

“Bim, the queen has requested your presence. Please accompany me for your audience with her.” Deduk's voice was always calm and strong.

“Wait...what? In Doorended?” Bim squinted up at the sky and noted the rising sun. She winced at the cold air but it took some of the stun out of her.

“No. Starting today, the queen has chosen to relocate the capital from Tunloshôn to Limârňnul...” To avoid disloyalty, Deduk tagged, “In her infinite wisdom,” to the end. His face didn't betray any opinion on the matter. As a military commander, though, he was filled with internal dissatisfaction. A hillock over a fortress? Is she insane? This place is indefensible! And it's filled with useless rabble like Bim here. Worse yet, this is the smallest hillock around. “She should have arrived at the civic mound by now.”

“Oh! Okay, I'll be out in a tick!” The door slammed shut as Bim scrambled around her mound looking for something appropriate for a royal meeting.

Deduk stood solid as stone. His years of combat had disciplined him. He'd been to Smudoaslot six times already. That hellscape of a fort had seen more combat than anywhere else in Zűza Xestsu. The queen had been there too – more than once. Almost every dwarf had. Bim hadn't, and Deduk wondered if that was the queen's intention – to send Bim and another group of poorly trained recruits to break themselves of the walls of Smudoaslot once again in the yearly battle that seemed to take place there. A little cold wind meant nothing to him now. His focus was on stuffing down this concern and what the lack of dwarves in Limârňnul would mean for defense. The queen has always been right, even in her short reign, she'd proved herself. Deduk pushed the concerns deep and embraced the cold air.

Bim burst out of the door, wearing a cave spider silk tunic and matching trousers. “Ready to go, sir. What is this all about?”

Deduk merely stated, “Smudoaslot.”

Bim turned white. “Cactushexes? It can't be.” She looked down and away, lost in thought of the changes and preparations she'd have to make.

“I'm not sure, but that is my guess. We should not keep the queen waiting. She will tell you more.”

Bim swallowed hard and nodded. The two walked in silence toward the civic mound. In such a place as Wealthymirrored, the trip took only minutes.

Inside and out was a genuine commotion. Dwarves scrambled back and forth, unpacking a wagon full of royal supplies. An architect stood outside, measuring the walls. A gorlak rushed past the pair with a handful of papers, the same one who had sent Deduk to find Bim. Deduk strode in confidently, Bim following close behind. Deduk, just before bowing, froze. A crack in his rigid demeanor showed as he laid eyes on the queen for the first time in over a year.

The queen sat on a massive throne, giving herself a diminutive appearance. Her head was freshly shaved, exposing her pale-chestnut skin. Wrapped tightly around her was a yeti-leather coat, the white fur wrapped up around her face. She sat unnaturally, with her arms pressed tightly into her sides and her legs squeezed together. A gremlin in a small hat was at her feet, binding them tightly and slipping small wooden shoes onto them. She had a gaunt appearance, as if starving herself. But her eyes, her eyes are what bothered Deduk. They were round, wide open, and soft. Deduk and the queen had fought side-by-side. This was not that battlesister any more. This was...something else entirely.

“Uh... Queen Lňrbekar... I...” Deduk cut himself off, remembering where he was. He dropped to a knee and bowed to the queen. Things are worse than I thought. This woman has lost her mind. A squeel of pleasure snapped him out of his internal monologue. Deduk looked up to see a wide grin on the queen's face. Datan Lňrbekar clapped quickly in front of her chest. Deduk's eyes darted toward the door, where Datan was looking. Bim, dazed at the room around her, stood with her mouth open. Her small frame being previously blocked by Deduk's size.

“Well aren't you just the smallest dwarf I've ever seen!” The queen spoke in an artifically high-pitched voice, imitating that of a child. Deduk fought down the urge to wince.

Bim looked around before realizing the queen was addressing her. “What? M-me...?”

“Yes, you! You're perfect! Come a bit closer so I can see you! My, you're shorter than a Gorlak! Well done, Deduk! Well done indeed!”

Deduk's face betrayed absolute dismay.

Bim walked cautiously up to the throne. To her, this seemed reasonable enough. She'd never met a noble before.

“You, my special little dwarf, are going to do a great service to all of dwarven-kind. You're going to expand our empire just a little, tiny bit.” The queen made minute hand gestures with every word. Deduk's eyes searched for meaning.

Have I gone insane? Is this really our queen, who I saw push a spear entirely through a goblin?

“Um. Okay, ma'am – I mean madam – I mean Queen Tooldip. Err... Queen L-Lňrbekar.” She looked around the room desperately for someone to help her. She was entirely unsure of what to do in the face of royalty. She made eye-contact with Deduk, who was regaining composure. She mimicked his stance and bent down to one knee with a little effort.

Seeing her get even smaller, the queen's eyes lit up with excitement. “Amazing! Amazing! Thank you for accepting this responsibility. Here are your papers. She snapped and gestured to a dwarf who was waiting off to the edge of the room. His attention returned to him as he patted himself down looking for something. A pocket revealed a tiny scroll which he then rushed over and gave to Bim.

Bim squinted at the paper, written in extremely small print. It didn't matter, Bim couldn't read anyway. The man who delivered it noticed the struggle and smiled. “No worries at all, my little friend. Here, let me assist you in reading this tiny document.” He cleared his throat extravagantly and read the following with all pomp and flourish:

To the smallest dwarf in the realm,

I bequeath upon you the honorable responsibility of building a new fortress. This fortress shall embody all that is small and tiny, representing these fine virtues in these times of strife. By receiving this paper, you have adopted the role of expedition leader. The lives of those fine dwarves which will join you on this endeavor are in your hands. This paper may also serve as the necessary document to recruit them.

Enclosed are detailed directions to the site of the proposed fortress. May Edem the Prestige of Duty bless you on this journey. The fate of Smallhands relies on you.

Datan Lňrbekar, Datan Tooldip
Queen of Gitnukfath, The Minty Sacks

Bim's mouth stayed open – as it had since she entered this room. Deduk's steely face managed to regain its stern expression.

“Thank you, my liege.” Deduk paused then elbowed Bim in the side.

“Oh. Yes! Thank you.” Bim bowed deeper and the queen began clapping again. A few moments later, and the pair were back outside.

-~-~-~-

“I would like to inspect the location of this fortress. I presume you have some preparations to make before your journey.” Deduk put a large hand out to take the packet of directions. Bim placed the napkin-sized package in his hand.

“You're right. I should probably prepare for this carefully. Let me go ask some friends what I should bring.” She wandered off, lost in thought. The sun just peeked over the mountains, warming the air.

The light of the new sun illuminated the small writing enough for Deduk to read it with squinted eyes. His eyes went wide and his eyebrows furrowed. By Niz... This isn't anywhere near Smudoaslot... This is right next to the goblin capital itself. I have to warn Bim! Deduk sprinted across the small hillock, but stood stuck in the air for a moment. The frozen river below him had just instantly thawed. In a moment, Deduk was underwater, the rushing river pulling him away. He drowned in seconds. Spring has arrived.

-~-~-~-

In the drinking mound, at a towerwood table, Del and Salmeuk were having a belligerent discussion. A few onlookers watched on, a mix of annoyed and fascinated.

“The queen's off 'er fookin' rocker. Dunno what addled 'er mind, but it musta been somethin' bad.” Del finished his contribution to the discussion and then finished his mug of ale.

Salmeuk's voice took a disapproving tone as he declared, “Don't you know? The queen lost her kid to a cyclops last year. I guess this is some form of grieving.” He took a long sip of dwarven rum. “I mean, it is pretty weird, but it's grieving nonetheless.”

The door to the drinking mound swung open, Bim came rushing in, casting her gaze across the entire room. She held a tiny scroll and a little packet of paper.

“What's all this about, Bim? Get spooked by a weasel or somethin'?” The other patrons nodded solemnly. Weasel-spooking had been a bane on this hillock for months now.

“Have you seen Deduk? He was going to tell me about this place, but I can't find him anywhere. He left this set of maps by the river.” She waved the tiny packet around, hoping her friends would notice their royal quality.

“What's'at? Pretty fancy map for a dwarf like you.” Del said, reaching for the packet. “'aven't seen 'im anywhere today. Been 'ere all mornin'.” He spread the map on the table. A little yellow 'X' had been placed in the southeast corner of it. With considerable effort he read, “The Desert of Furs.”

Below that was a purple smudge that he assumed was spilled wine, but was in actuality the Frothy Sludge - a swamp and the center of the goblin civilization.

-~-~-~-

Del's journal, Granite 15, 150.

“Oh, shit.”

« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 09:15:00 am by delphonso »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 08:44:32 pm »

Smallhands - Chapter 1: Vile Goo

Del's Journal
Granite 15, 150

Oh shit.

The queen's a loony. I don't know where she got the idea, but this fortress “dedicated to all things tiny and small” is a bad idea – through and through. Hell, I'd rather be back at Cactushexes than here.

I mean, look at this place! Only two square dwarfometers? And what's with that swampy bit down there? Why's it smell so bad? And what the hell is in all those trees?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-~-

Apparently, that wasn't a wine stain... The cursed goblins have their dark tower right there. I bet you could see it from here if it weren't for that purple haze in the south. I supposed the queen had a reason to make this fort small – might go unnoticed, if we're lucky.

You know what they say – strike the earth.

-~-~-

Granite 21, 150

Well, it's been a few days, but we're doing well. No signs of anything too messy yet. There's been some kangaroos bouncing around, which was nice to see.

Rigoth said that there's some evil places in the world that can bring the dead back to life. Psh – old wive's tale, if you ask me. But Rigoth pushed it and we decide to test it. The water buffalo would make a good experiment.

Bim was the one to butcher it. We all stood around the chopping block waiting to see if anything would happen. Nothing did. Rigoth, you superstitious fool. Got ourselves a good amount of meat though, and Rigoth set on carving the bones. I bet she just wanted that easy job.

I got sent off to cut down the two trees in the south. There's some sort of weird slime hanging off them that I don't like looking at. Better to have them cut down than to mess with that myself.

-~-~-

Granite 22, 150

Well that was disgusting. Just about as soon as I went over there, purple goo started to fall from the sky. I don't feel so well... Got the trees down, though... I think I need to lie down.

[The following page is smeared in vile purple goo]

-~-~-

Slate 12, 150

I guess this could have been worse. Rigoth said there's some sort of rain that'll make you swell up and pop. At least this fever should pass eventually. As long as we stay out of the goo, it should be fine.

Underground, the forts coming along. Momuz started complaining that her feet were wet. I gave her a death glare as purple slime dripped off me, but then I got what she meant.

Bim got us all digging and building. We build a small tunnel through the aquifer and hit glorious stone.

-~-~-

Felsite 3, 150

Well, remember when I said we should avoid the goo?

I guess when we went out to gather those logs, everyone got some of it on themselves. Ol' Rigoth is the only one not affected. I guess she was carving bones the whole time. Or she was just too superstitious to go in there.

She made a masterpiece earring though. Can't say I dislike that.

I've noticed Salmeuk is spending a lot of time around Bim lately. I think I smell some romance between the two.

-~-~-

Hematite 1, 150

You know, this place is small, and I get that. But gods, it feels claustrophobic. I don't know if it's sharing a room with everyone, this damn fever, the fact that the dining room is in the hallway, or what. But I just don't like it in here.

Things are coming along, though. We've dug out a farming area, a chicken coop, and a dormitory with a tavern across the hall.

Sigun and Bim have been doing well keeping the ale flowing – and while that's flowing, well, I'm working.

-~-~-

Hematite 5, 150

Tazul's beard... We had a kobold show up today. Skulking thief was obviously looking to grab something. I spotted it – with these keen eyes of mine – and ran at it with my axe.

No, I didn't get scared, and no I didn't panic and run away. Whatever the other dwarves might tell you.

-~-~-

Malachite 12, 150

Well, would you look at that? 2 dwarves must have gotten the call. Even better, I recognize these two from Cactushexes. Iden was a macedwarf back in the day, a strong woman.

But Olon... Olon is something else entirely. Olon knows how to use a spear, and not just for stabbing. I'll just say I'm glad she's on our side.

[shudder]
-~-~-

Malachite 27, 150

We dug down into the aquifer to get access to that fresh, filtered water. We all took turns washing off in there. Bim then suggested we use it for a well. “Fresh water for a new hospital!” she said.

“Yer mental if ya think I'll be drinkin' outta that.” I said.

Oh, and a goblin came to visit the tavern. Not sure if that's such a good thing in this little stealthy fortress we've got here, but Bim seemed excited about it.

-~-~-

Galena 15, 150

I walked past the hospital today and saw Momuz eating lunch in there. I thought that place was supposed to be sanitary. What the hell is happening to this place?

All I know is, I'm not going to get hit. I don't want to be caught dead in there.

We're working on finishing up the gate and bunker upstairs. All that means for me is that I have to carry limestone blocks up and down the stairs all day. Not like there's anything else to do in this place.

-~-~-

Limestone 1, 150

Not a few hours after the last piece was put in place on the bunker, did Rigoth come sprinting down the stairs screaming about the undead. By the time I got to the surface, there wasn't anything to be seen. Not a kangaroo, not a camel. Definitely no “zombies”. That lass is as batty as the queen.

Back to work digging out the workshop area.

-~-~-
Limestone 2, 150

I bet Rigoth just saw that stinking kobold and that's what freaked her out. Apparently it slipped in during the panic that Rigoth threw up. It got locked in the fort with us when we closed the gate. Not sure who noticed it first, but it was right down the hallway from me, Olon and Iden. Little bugger was trying to steal the axe I'm so fond of. The three of us chased it around, but it was me who laid the final blow.

Didn't bother me one bit, either. Definitely not a horrifying experience that'll haunt me forever.

For fuck's sake... This is why I abandoned my post in Cactushexes.

-~-~-

Limestone 7, 150

Two more dwarves showed up today. They showed up near the gooey parts of the hill, but didn't seem to track any in with them. Another guy named Sigun and Unib who knows how to make crossbows well. Good to consider.

-~-~-

Limestone 24, 150

Salmeuk got assigned to chief medical dwarf. Or I should say, slept his way to the top. Normally, I'd be proud of him, but when I went in to talk to him about my fever, he just said there's nothing wrong. But he was mopping sweat off his brow as he said it.

Olon got put in the position of broker. I'd hate to see what sort of bargain she pushes from the merchants...whenever they get here.

-~-~-

Sandstone 14, 150

Well, today was hectic. I thought it was going to be an easy day, you know, just taking some stuff upstairs, then fuck off to the tavern to drink my cares away.

Sigun – the new one – was carrying a bin of water buffalo crafts to the Depot when they noticed someone hiding...I guess buried halfway to their waist in the sand? There's no where to hide here. Anyway, Sigun said they looked like a “necromancer”. Apparently they were carrying some evil looking book or something. All horse shit, if you ask me. If there was a necromancer here, why didn't anyone stop it from just walking off into the distance? Plus Olon was right there! She could have slapped the bastards balls off from a mile away. Everyone in here is as superstitious as a sailor with one leg.

Whatever the case, Bim showed us a list of "our targets for next year". Seemed almost like a threat instead of a recommendation on what to work on.

We might be able to do that, Bim, if you'd help us carve out the workshops down below. Gods, I'm sick of this place. And when will this fever fuck off?!

-~-~-

Sandstone 15, 150

The worst part about being in a fort is being in it. There's nowhere to go, and everything you hear, you either have to believe, or ignore. We got some hard news from those merchants. Doorended is gone – taken over by the goblin horde.

Funny that the queen moved capitals just before that. She's a smart one – even if she is a lunatic.

-~-~-

Sandstone 19, 150

The other Sigun has been taking care of bees up top. Some sort of pet project of his. He took me up to the roof today and pointed out something...odd.

Out in the goo, there was a kangaroo wallowing in self-pity. Not sure how we could even tell that, but it was unmistakable.

-~-~-

Obsidian 25, 150

Kind of lost track of time there. I barely noticed that winter had come. I'm hoping that's because of the heat outside and not this fever boiling my brain. We got the workshops carved out. We piled up some goods, and got some stuff ready for Spring.

Sigun did show me a echidna having an existential crisis this week. I really enjoyed that.

Anyway, back to work.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 09:20:34 am by delphonso »

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 10:04:29 pm »

PTW, may sign up for a turn later.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 10:08:35 pm »

"This fortress shall embody all that is small and tiny, representing these fine virtues in these times of strife."

Nice.
The light of the new sun illuminated the small writing enough for Deduk to read it with squinted eyes. His eyes went wide and his eyebrows furrowed. By Niz... This isn't anywhere near Smudoaslot... This is right next to the goblin capital itself. I have to warn Bim! Deduk sprinted across the small hillock, but stood stuck in the air for a moment. The frozen river below him had just instantly thawed. In a moment, Deduk was underwater, the rushing river pulling him away. He drowned in seconds. Spring has arrived.

lol poor Deduk. Will the dwarves ever learn? I imagine an OSHA-equivalent guild that attempts to educate on the most common dangers of a dwarven hillock.

Salmeuk's voice took a disapproving tone as he declared, “Don't you know? The queen lost her kid to a cyclops last year. I guess this is some form of grieving.” He took a long sip of dwarven rum. “I mean, it is pretty weird, but it's grieving nonetheless.”

I imagine dwarven grief is a pretty strange thing to experience. These creatures often live in squalid conditions for years on end, fighting literal nightmares and dying in the most torturous fashions. When one of them finally breaks it must be like the collapse of a dam. And god forbid that break occurs in one of the nobility, who exercise an almost infinite power over the less privileged.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He spread the map on the table. A little yellow 'X' had been placed in the southeast corner of it. With considerable effort he read, “The Desert of Furs.

Below that was a purple smudge that he assumed was spilled wine, but was in actuality the Frothy Sludge - a swamp and the center of the goblin civilization.

Oh. Oh my. I'm scared at what the new version might bring us. .

« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 10:12:59 pm by Salmeuk »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 03:18:00 am »

Would this fort accept inexperienced overseers? I haven't ever managed to set up a military, so not sure. Ptw in any case.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 07:00:27 am »

Chapter 1 is done! Overall, more peaceful than I expected.

I accidentally left my pop-cap at 11 (what I was playing with before on a test of this) so that's why we're just there. If the next overseer wants to put it at 30, I think that's reasonable. A wave of 29 in one year might be overwhelming.

The fever just slows down the original 6 (Rigoth avoided it). Trust me, this was a pain when half my work-force was slightly slower than average. There have been no signs of improvement among any of them. A curse for life, perhaps?

Laterigrade, join in whenever! Quarque, I'll put you on the list. It's been very peaceful so far - but at 20, we should flip a few switches to have some things happening. Either of you want a dorfing?

Quarque, if you feel overwhelmed, the current fortress is entirely secure with the pull of a lever. Hopefully that stays the same...

I imagine dwarven grief is a pretty strange thing to experience. These creatures often live in squalid conditions for years on end, fighting literal nightmares and dying in the most torturous fashions. When one of them finally breaks it must be like the collapse of a dam. And god forbid that break occurs in one of the nobility, who exercise an almost infinite power over the less privileged.

Seeing as most dwarves react to grief by going to the tavern and punching a child to death, I'm glad people aren't so susceptible in real life.

Salmeuk, you're up! I'll post the link here in a moment. The levers have been labeled, and there are notes on the levels which have aquifers. Enjoy!

No pressure to go as quickly as I did. I'm dodging coronavirus, so I'm stuck inside to avoid the
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 07:13:45 am by delphonso »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2020, 07:41:47 am »

Quarque, I'll put you on the list. It's been very peaceful so far - but at 20, we should flip a few switches to have some things happening. Either of you want a dorfing?

Quarque, if you feel overwhelmed, the current fortress is entirely secure with the pull of a lever. Hopefully that stays the same...
Thanks! A dorfing means to nickname a dwarf after you, right? Make me a farmer, then. 8)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2020, 06:05:37 am »

PTW

Looks like we've got our own version of the coronavirus in this fort.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 02:37:21 am »

Thanks Del, I'll get started tonight, post something tomorrow. No promises but I'm aiming to keep everyone alive and healthy-ish. What's a few pus-filled tumors anyways?

I'm concerned for that kangaroo, and for our fort.. whatever caused it grief is surely still lurking.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 12:57:39 pm »

Looking forward to it.

Yeah, I'm wondering if there are multiple syndromes raining down or if those creatures were just mentally weak and the rain bothered them enough... Either way, best to just avoid the Terrifying area.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2020, 12:15:33 pm »

PTW

I'm sure it's still safe to eat the kangaroo meat, despite the rain flu.

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified genius and snek lover.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2020, 05:12:55 pm »

It probably won't work. Unless somehow there is no covering of Vile Goo on it.
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
We could just lie on all of our maps, or we could flood Europe.
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2020, 05:54:29 pm »

I'll sign up for this.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2020, 12:17:40 am »

PTW

I'm sure it's still safe to eat the kangaroo meat, despite the rain flu.

I knew I shouldn't have filled the wagon with bat meat!

It probably won't work. Unless somehow there is no covering of Vile Goo on it.

The dwarves (del especially) were covered with the goo for a couple months before they got it cleaned off. I think they've been inoculated to it by now.

I'll sign up for this.

Awesome, auze - added you to the roster.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 109