Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Veterinarian golems [50.xx]  (Read 5684 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Veterinarian golems [50.xx]
« on: February 01, 2020, 02:59:29 pm »

This is just a simple mod made to allow you to treat the injuries of your animals in Fortress and Adventure mode, since there's no conventional veterinary skill in the game.

These golems can be purchased like any other pet. They're very weak in combat, but have the ability to heal wounded animals by touching them. For balance reasons, their ability only works on animals. This should be compatible with pretty much any other mod. Let me know if you have any questions or problems. Feel free to copy or otherwise use this in your own work.

Steam download.
47.05 DFFD download

To install, just drop the provided files into your objects folder.

Now includes optional tiles, so the golems work with 32x, TWBT tilesets.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 09:42:19 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Veterinarian golems [47.01]
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 08:34:15 pm »

I literally thought the title was "vegetarian golems" and thought "why would you want that?" but this mod is actually super useful.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Veterinarian golems [47.01]
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 10:01:40 pm »

I literally thought the title was "vegetarian golems" and thought "why would you want that?" but this mod is actually super useful.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I don't yet have the skill to do vegetarian golems justice.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Veterinarian golems [47.xx]
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 01:02:29 pm »

Didn't really think I'd be posting here again, but I slightly updated this mod to include a tile addon.

My mods and forum games.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Veterinarian golems [47.xx]
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2023, 01:04:24 am »

I have returned once more for the semi-biyearly Veterinarian Golems update. This mod is now on Steam, and a link has been added in the OP.
My mods and forum games.

AIArtificialIdiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Veterinarian golems [50.xx]
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2023, 03:38:26 pm »

This is really neat, I can think of so many times when I would have liked to be able to heal my animals but couldn't easily. But I wonder if you could have somehow attached this effect to the "Animal caretaking" skill since it doesn't see much use in the current game iirc.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Veterinarian golems [50.xx]
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2023, 12:15:28 pm »

Unfortunately no, that skill isn’t finished yet in the vanilla game. There is a DFHack method to do it that way, though.
My mods and forum games.