Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: [47.04] Dwemer Fortress 2020 (The Elder Scrolls) - with MEPH tileset now  (Read 25053 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Something I am working on:
https://i.imgur.com/nn8f5x1.png
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

VidaVonZarovich

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Rash numol libash thol.
    • View Profile

I'm assuming that's alchemy, or at least additional plants. I'm hyped. Are we looking at a small addition/change or a much larger update?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

That's a Masterwork tileset adapted to work with the mod. A lot of plant edits and re-edits, basically I had to change most of the tiles in the raws + create some new images for TES plants... It took me a working day with breaks to actually work :).

Here's the current version:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14950

The tileset is 32x32. The creatures are still 18x18, if people show interest in this, I will also rework and implement Meph's 32x32 tileset for creatures, and add TES creatures to it.

Click on images to see full details

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

A brief update, fixed the dagger graphics:

I would appreciate any playtesting capacity. If you find issues with the new graphical overrides, let me know and I will quickly fix them.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

IrfanxHafiz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

That's a Masterwork tileset adapted to work with the mod. A lot of plant edits and re-edits, basically I had to change most of the tiles in the raws + create some new images for TES plants... It took me a working day with breaks to actually work :).

Definitely would love to have tiles for the various plants! (:

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] Dwemer Fortress 2020 (The Elder Scrolls) - with MEPH tileset now
« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2020, 10:08:21 pm »

They are included, you can check. If something looks off, let me know.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2020, 02:24:24 pm »

Release 23

Some new plants (garlic, pumpkins).

Garlic, onion and leek provide infection cure.

Meph tileset officially implemented, check the screenshots in the first post.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2020, 03:50:30 pm »

I see 3 people downloaded Graphical version already. It was missing some keybindings.
Basically you could simply take interface.txt from any of new DF releases and it would fix it (mostly new adventure mode keybindings were affected).
I have reuploaded a version with proper key binds.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2020, 03:58:39 pm »

Are you aware that those exist?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You could ask the authors if you might use them.

Edit: Have you tried planting a few of the giant cavern mushrooms on the surface?
Edit2: "twbt redraw_all 1" means there are no black background or pixel artefacts while scrolling, and it activated the animations, but might cause instability. Just saying. ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 04:07:18 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2020, 05:30:57 pm »

Thank you. I had no idea those existed. What's the source so I could find the authors?
"twbt redraw_all 1" <- I haven't tested the difference with/without it extensively so decided not to set it up yet, but I will look into it, thank you!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

VidaVonZarovich

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Rash numol libash thol.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2020, 02:56:23 pm »

I've continued playing and have been loving the new addition of Meph's tileset. It's always been my favorite. Great job on integrating it!

That being said, I've noticed one thing that seems a bit extreme. Imps seem to frequently spawn in the top layer of the cavern. To a point where I've been hit by a giant herd of them within the first year every time I've ever gone to the cavern layer. They climb like nobody's business and will always find their way into your fortress or near where you've started setting up. I'm always down for early fights against tough enemies in the caverns (Had a troll find its way in and had to fight it off), but imps seem a bit over the top. I know they throw fire in the games, but fire in Dorf Fort is a much different beast. Any dwarf hit by it is more or less guaranteed to die. On top of that, the underground is heavy with flora everywhere, so a single fireball will cause mass destruction on a borderline nuclear level.

I've gone ahead and removed their fire abilities on my end just to make things a bit less crazy (although they'll probably end up being ridiculously weak without it, I imagine). But as a recommendation, it might be better to put them on a lower cavern level so the first cavern level ends up being less extreme. Especially given a lot of embarks may need to hit it in order to get water ASAP. Either that or give them a ranged ability that is fireball in name only, but causes direct burns or something similar to avoid having true Dorf Fort fire hit.

EDIT: Also, just a side note, but Morrowind in the pregenerated world seems a bit too... Green. I was expecting something a bit more dead. But maybe there's lore there I'm unfamiliar with.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 03:26:47 pm by VidaVonZarovich »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2020, 07:21:24 pm »

The Morrowind is green not due to lore, but because Evilness is randomly generated on the map gen. If I marked it as Evil area, it would work fine, but then worldgen has trouble generating worlds due to other parameters. I will look into creating an evil map but that will require more playtesting to make it work properly.

Regaring imps, they use the crundle as a template for the creature, and crundles don't throw fireballs. That's an oversight on my part, I will look into correcting it, thank you for the feedback! That is the kind of information I really appreciate, since I don't have much time to play recently due to this quarantine thing/troubles with work. Thank you!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2020, 12:03:54 pm »

Can't you make it more arid? Deserts, badlands?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2020, 12:40:33 pm »

From the lore it was actually mostly swamps. Only the volcano event has caused the Ashlands. I will see what I can do :). Too bad dunmer rarely settle there.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9