Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: [47.04] Dwemer Fortress 2020 (The Elder Scrolls) - with MEPH tileset now  (Read 25031 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [47.02] Dwemer Fortress 2020 - The Elder Scrolls mod - Release 4
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2020, 04:14:35 pm »

The thought process is this: Speeds up the game (more fps), and makes menus easier to navigate. Especially stockpile settings, because you don't have a list of 1000 different leathers or meats... Or construction menu, where you go through 200 wood types.

Standardized materials also share the same color, which is nice for people that like building uniform-looking forts.

Obviously flavor goes missing. It's a trade off.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2020, 04:53:25 pm »

Probably important, something I forgot to mention for adventure mode enthusiasts:
- Cabbage/lettuce leaves are edible. You can pick them up from the ground and eat.
- Aloe, belladonna and nirnroot are healing herbs (you need to eat them). Aloe and nirnroot stop bleeding and close wounds, and belladonna also heals your severed nerves.
- Fly amanita reduces your patience and boosts your willpower a lot.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2020, 02:56:59 am »

I for one, would love to have the material typing as optional as well.
As delphonso mentioned, it is part of the DF charm.
I do understand that you cut it down to generic materials to better suit the Elder Scrolls lore. (As well as a boost to performance.)

But an option for the typings would be nice. That way I could for example tell if an artifact is made with Chaurus, Mudcrab, or Dreugh chitin.
Just adding my input here.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 07:12:23 pm by Ultimuh »

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2020, 11:20:55 am »

Will Fallout be remade too aswell? That mod was the main reason I began playing DF Fortress Mode seriously instead of prancing around in Adventure Mode. Love your work Deon!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2020, 06:28:06 pm »

@Ultimuh Roger that, I will keep it in mind and find a way to make it optional in the future.

@Lidku Sounds like a good idea, but I would like to finish this mod first.
There will be no updates for a bit as I am fighting a very nasty flu so I am bedridden most of the time, but then I will be back and work on expansion and tileset version.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2020, 03:10:47 pm »

Sorry for the silence, just recovered from the influenza. Working on something cool, probably most useful for Adventure mode, but I will find a way to translate it into Fort mode as well to make your own dragonborn dwemer.

I haven't touched modding in a long time, so I am glad to see it works out. I expected it not to work to be honest :).

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2020, 09:42:02 pm »

That poor badger. Never knew what hit it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Release 5:

- Graphics version is now available.
-- All animals look good.
-- Dunmer, Khajiit and Argonians need professions sprites, I will work on them later.
-- I tried to make sure all rocks, ores an plants look perfect. If you notice any mistakes, let me know and I will fix it asap.

- Added more languages.
-- Used 2 languages by Hexatona: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14769, for Nords and Orcs.
-- Used my Latin language for Imperials. Now they have latin names.

- Added "ground apple", a baseline underground crop for eating/brewing.
- More aboveground mushrooms can now appear in Caverns.

- Added "cave root", underground tree-like structure, for the first level of caverns.
- Added "eldergleam" trees for the first level of caverns.

- Giant mushrooms spawn on level 2 of caverns.

- Fixed wrong ASCII tile assignments while working on Graphics version of the game.

- Added various types of dragon soul (edible).
- Butchering a dragon/cave dragon produces a dragon soul. Consuming said dragon soul gives an "Unrelenting Force" shout.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can dragon souls be used in food recipes?
Imagine; minced dragon soul.
Glad you recovered by the way.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 11:29:11 pm by Ultimuh »

GarlicBread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey I smelted Ebonite into Ebonite bars in this yet I cant make any of the "Ebony" items, is there another step to this process or is it a bug atm?
He still hasn't killed any of the horses. Instead he went out, beat a cougar to death with his bare hands, and dragged it back to the butcher's shop. I was not expecting that.
Starvation is staved off for another day, anyways.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile

Just flicking through the raws, I noticed that argonains have the profession names for what are presumably the khajiit e.g. "craftscats" (and also that formatting for each race is so nice and neat that I'll probably steal your layout :b).

On the topic of standardised materials vs regular materials, it's possible to quite easily implement them as options with the use of creature variations. I don't fully know the full ins-and-outs of how you implement materials (though I see you've overwritten default stuff!), so this is just a general example of how I'd do it with vanilla creatures:
  • Define a material in a creature as normal
  • After that (and any other relevant material definitions), add an APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION call for that material, designed for whatever you want to change it to.
  • In the creature variation, either modify the already defined material, or remove it and replace it with something else entirely. For example, I think you might be able to modify a skin's MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT by overwriting it with a new one (though don't quote me on that, never tried it), so you could use that to substitute in a standardised leather material instead. Otherwise, you can just use the creature variation to remove the material and replace it with a whole new one with the same ID.
  • Then, for anyone who wants to have non-standardised creature materials, all they have to do is open up the creature variation for that material and edit it out. You'd have to account for the possibility of either sort of material being used when it comes to making reactions though, which might be a bit of extra effort depending on how much you rely on the standardised materials.
This method only applies to creatures, since plants sadly don't get creature variations :c

Though the main reason for me stumbling on this thread is because I was considering possibly making some Elder Scrolls creatures and wanted to check whether anyone had done it already. If I do happen to make some (no guarantees or anything), would you like me to share them with you? I'd probably make them with vanilla in mind, so it's likely that they wouldn't be immediately useful without some conversion.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

There was some copypaste, that's why Argonians are like that, thank you for noticing, I will fix it ASAP :).

As for the variations, that's a good idea. I usually make a script with UI which lets you click a button to change raws, and then go through all raws to add some symbols to replace the raws based on the prompt. It is a lot of work, so doing it once with variation sounds like a much better idea. Sometimes I still think in old 2008 modding terms.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Release 6
- Corrected argonians being called "swordcats" etc.
- Added a settings file (Windows only, it's a PowerShell script):

--- The settings file !Settings.ps1 can be run in windows by right-clicking it and selecting "Run with Powershell". It allows you to disable/enable standardized leather and wood ("alpaca leather" vs "leather", "oak wooden" vs "wooden"). If the file refuses to run, type "Set-Executionpolicy unrestricted" and "A"llow it in Window Powershell, to allow executing side scripts.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 02:41:30 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry but.. PS script?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

With UI :D. I can make it an EXE file if I have time, but I cannot install Visual Studio on my work computer so I was limited in options.
What confuses you so much?

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9