Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: [47.04] Dwemer Fortress 2020 (The Elder Scrolls) - with MEPH tileset now  (Read 25033 times)

Dahrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good news! I've managed to generate custom daedra lords which don't crush the worldgen:

Now I should be able to make a selection of Daedra lords to rule over orcs.

Awesome, nice work!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Release 20

- New mod settings repurposed into launcher with buttons for Forum/Wiki/DF itself/Dwarf Therapist

- Vampires got some fixes/tweaks to small mistakes leftover from copypasting original interaction.

- Custom necromancers, two types: elementalist and blight mage. Elementalist is typically stronger (fire, ice spells, atronach summons, ash spawn raise), but blight mage has a breath attack with necrosis and word of pain which can knock out multiple enemies immediately.

- Custom demons to lead orcs: Daedric princes, with relevant spheres. Included: Molag Bal, Peryite, Boethiah, Mehrunes Dagon, Namira, Azura.

- Custom worldgen tweaked to allow the spawning of Daedric Princes/New necromancers. As a side effect, no clowns in the circus in this release until I make custom ones.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

So that's where we are now:

1) Add custom Werewolf curses like I have custom vampires now.
2) Add custom Necromancers with different schools of spells.
3) See if possible to replace demons for orcs with daedra lords.

4) Expand fortress mode crafting and items (i.e. better crossbows, various tiers of items).
5) Expand archeology to have a lootbox-style chance to get custom rare stuff.
5) Introduce poison/alchemy system. This will likely require dfhack at some point.

I will tweak daedra lords and necromancers a bit, but I am happy where the elementalists are at (a lot of spells and summons), and I will probably buff blight mages a bit.
Then it will be a question on expanding the actual item/crafting functionality for the fortress mode.
And this is where I would like to hear your opinions.

Those who actually play the mod, I wonder what is the most enjoyable part of fortress mode that can be expanded or improved by modding.
The reason why I ask is because I know that there can be tons of toys/musical instruments and various colors of invaders' hair modded in, but you may enjoy modded research systems or ranged weapons or making squads of mages, I don't know...

I would like to hear an opinion of those who use the mod on what they are looking forward to the most.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I've noticed that apparently if you name syndromes on your emotion-altering spells, it is properly reflected in dwarf emotions on the Z screen:

Not sure how useful it is during the fight, but your dwemer should be way more shaken after encounters with blight mages after the next update.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

IrfanxHafiz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Those who actually play the mod, I wonder what is the most enjoyable part of fortress mode that can be expanded or improved by modding.
The reason why I ask is because I know that there can be tons of toys/musical instruments and various colors of invaders' hair modded in, but you may enjoy modded research systems or ranged weapons or making squads of mages, I don't know...

I would like to hear an opinion of those who use the mod on what they are looking forward to the most.

Definitely more workshop or options to craft new things in Fortress mode!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Release 21

- Adjusted conversion targets: imperials, nords can be converted; khajiit, argonians cannot be converted.
- Added new necromancer type: dragonpriest. Elementalists now summon frost atronachs only. Dragonpriests can summon fire atronachs.
- Blight mages can now cast Fearsome Visage, which induces terror, panic and shock.
- Added new night troll type: hagraven. They can convert males of other civilizations into briarhearts, and can breed with them.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

@IrfanxHafiz

Understood, I will focus on it next.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Release 22

A quick update to the previous release:
- Hagraven now has graphical tiles

- Added Draugr Deathlords and Liches, they appear in tombs (like vanilla mummies). Their curses are not permanent, but last long.
- Added different types of dragons with different sizes/spells: elder dragon, blight dragon, ember dragon, sky dragon. Now more dragons in worldgen, and more souls to claim.
- Changed blight mage to lich as well, in necromancer types.
- Fixed werebeasts to form lairs when escaping towns.
- Added four new plants: scaly pholiota, frost Mirriam, nightshade, imp stool.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 02:04:41 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Dahrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You work quickly! Bonemold armour, roughly as tough as iron, for the dunmer would be a small but flavourful addition!

Exlo

• Bay Watcher
  • Retirement homes are for lobsters!
    • View Profile

Deon! I've been enjoying the 18.1 release of this mod and I've really been enjoying it. I'm not sure if it's the latest release, or your work in scrubbing down some of the vanilla items like wood, but this is the first time I've been able to play with a population of over 100 with decent FPS. Slapping my favorite fantasy universe on top of that is just a great bonus. Many thanks for your work.

I did want to ask why you changed conversions for certain races? And, to be clear, that means I can't have them as residents anymore? It's not too big a deal, especially if there's some design in mind here, but the diversity was pleasant to me for some reason. Looking forward to your updates, once I run this fort into the ground of course. C:
Clearly, this represents six side-by-side wheelbarrows, as indicated by the right half of the icon.  The left half indicates they are carrying babies with hats in these wheelbarrows.

Presumably, they are lining up to dump them into the baby furnaces.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Hi Exlo

why you changed conversions for certain races

Could you let me know what you mean by that? It's probably a change I am not aware of.

P.S. Do you by chance mean this?
> - Adjusted conversion targets: imperials, nords can be converted; khajiit, argonians cannot be converted.

Here I am talking about "monster conversion", right now I only have hagravens converting men to briarhearts, and khajiit/argonians cannot be briarhearts, that's what it means.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 05:11:46 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Exlo

• Bay Watcher
  • Retirement homes are for lobsters!
    • View Profile

Yeah, seems I misunderstood. All is well then. C:
Clearly, this represents six side-by-side wheelbarrows, as indicated by the right half of the icon.  The left half indicates they are carrying babies with hats in these wheelbarrows.

Presumably, they are lining up to dump them into the baby furnaces.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Dear mod followers/players, I have come up with something here:

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14949

It's an early version of TWBT (Text Will Be Text) graphical version with some overrides from DungeonSet included. It means that it comes with working DFHack too.

I launched it a few times, checked tiles/plants and everything looks normal so far. I do plan to eventually look through all the tiles and customize them to suit the mod the best, but for now I haven't tested much due to work.

If someone has time to play with it and look for any inconsistencies, I would be really glad.

Screenshots for experimental TWBT version
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 05:23:44 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]

This is some amazing work Deon! I especially love it that you even added in Daedra! Will you make it possible where we can play as all the races in this Mod? I'd like to play as a Daedra colony who is setting up shop in the mortal plane out of Oblivion, lol

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

At the moment I am mostly focused on fine tuning the content and integrating interesting features in Dwemer fortress (Dwarf mode basically).
There are still too many ideas that I want to make in and need time for. So the plan to make more races playable could be in the future, but knowing me I would want to make them play out differently, otherwise I would see no reason to do so.

Regarding daedra, we could include Dremora which could be an evil counter part to dwemer, I can see that happening in the future. They have a detailed caste system which would be interesting to play around.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9