Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32

Author Topic: DF v0.47.01+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread  (Read 107963 times)

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
Peak Adamantine?
« Reply #435 on: April 23, 2022, 01:58:20 pm »

How does one maximize the availability of Adamantine in World Gen?
Never pet a burning dog.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
Re: Peak Adamantine?
« Reply #436 on: April 24, 2022, 09:06:02 am »

How does one maximize the availability of Adamantine in World Gen?
Best answer I know of, in this thread..

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF v0.47.01+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread
« Reply #437 on: May 06, 2022, 06:12:43 pm »

Been reading around, is elevation 103/104 still the preferred "shut-off" for water features like spontanous lakes across desert terrain? Lake/River generation is sort of hampering my highly arid PW generation based off my aquired heightmap Las Vegas, where the emphasis least for map & mod-use would be to use aquifers to outline survivable areas using well-water.

The largest concentrations are occuring inside my mountain-ranges, which is somewhat annoying without feeling like resorting to forcibly elevating the pre-sets, but even still there are splodges across the landscape of individual desert lakes.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 07, 2022, 10:29:06 am »

I'm looking to make the caverns as interesting to live in as possible. Any ideas on what would be good settings? I know lava tubes are neat, and I'd like some source of water for projects, but otherwise I'm not really sure what settings even affect the caverns.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

☼Obsidian Short Sword☼

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA: Obsidian Sword
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 29, 2022, 08:39:04 pm »

I would like an embark(5x5), That has a tropical-shrubland on the Right side, And a tropical Fresh-water swamp/marsh on the left side. In the center I would like a 15 z-level or higher cliff with a waterfall in the middle. Could you make sure that the waterfall lands on the surface? Because I don't like it when it ends under-ground.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 10:22:33 pm by ☼Obsidian Short Sword☼ »
Still an active reader of the forums.

The 10,000 Dwarf Challenge

Garfunkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 19, 2022, 12:37:39 am »

I'm looking to make the caverns as interesting to live in as possible. Any ideas on what would be good settings? I know lava tubes are neat, and I'd like some source of water for projects, but otherwise I'm not really sure what settings even affect the caverns.
You probably want to increase the openness a lot unless you love tight little mazes, in which case you want to go the opposite way.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 19, 2022, 09:31:13 pm »

How would I specifically increase the number of dragons spawned during world gen?
I know how to increase the general number of beasts in advanced parameters, but I was imagining an adventure mode world where dragon-hunting is a common career rather than them being rare as they are

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 19, 2022, 09:57:01 pm »

How would I specifically increase the number of dragons spawned during world gen?
I know how to increase the general number of beasts in advanced parameters, but I was imagining an adventure mode world where dragon-hunting is a common career rather than them being rare as they are
That would be a raw mod - in the file raw/objects/creature_standard.txt, in the section that starts with the line [CREATURE:DRAGON], change the [FREQUENCY:5] to a higher number. 100 would probably be too much, and 50 might be, I'd start with 25 and see how that goes. Edit: Probably also need to increase Max Megabeast Caves
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 09:59:18 pm by Ziusudra »
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

redivider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 12, 2022, 04:25:25 pm »

I am looking for a seed that has: reanimating glacier with iron ore, dead (or dying, preferably dead) but playable dwarven civ
generating a dead civ consistently seems to extremely hard.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 12, 2022, 05:54:59 pm »

I don't know about generating dead civs, but if you generate some low site / low population civs, you could finish them off in adventure mode, then go back to embarking.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 12, 2022, 10:25:21 pm »

I am looking for a seed that has: reanimating glacier with iron ore, dead (or dying, preferably dead) but playable dwarven civ
generating a dead civ consistently seems to extremely hard.
Two posts from this thread regarding dead civ generation:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175538.msg8325008#msg8325008
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175538.msg8088881#msg8088881
and two embarks that might be related to what you're looking for.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175538.msg8212464#msg8212464
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175538.msg8302993#msg8302993
If those don't get you moving in the right direction, let me know and I will be able to generate a matching world on Sunday.
Optionally, you can fill out the form here, and paste the results into a new post if any other features matter.  That javascript form doesn't submit anything or go anywhere, it just shows your results so you can paste them here.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 10:27:06 pm by vjek »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 13, 2022, 07:15:01 am »

I don't know about generating dead civs, but if you generate some low site / low population civs, you could finish them off in adventure mode, then go back to embarking.

How dwarven of you.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 13, 2022, 07:51:15 pm »

Grand Cartographer vjek, I'm quite happy with the generic options for world gen, but if I wanted to make a region map or change cavern parameters, I then have to do some guess work. Perhaps you know (or know where to look):

On a Small world 65x65, what parameters are changed when choosing 'very low, low, medium, high, very high' for savagery? Is it variance or minimum?

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 28, 2022, 06:56:13 pm »

Came across something today I haven't seen before, and wanted to check with everyone else to see if they've seen it.
Single cavern layer world.
Water in the caverns.  A lot of water.
Volcano on the embark.
Candy spire that reaches to 4Z above the top of the cavern.
As in, the candy spire starts in the SMR sea, extends up through the magma, through the first and only cavern, then keeps going another 4Z in normal stone layers.

Have you seen this before?
I have something similar.  Although it has three cavern layers, they're extremely close together, and there is a volcano (I used advanced worldgen to get a lot of these).  It also has a peak that goes up an absurd number of z-layers, and this is probably why the caverns are not only close together, but very near the surface.  The adamantine spire (which I have not found the bottom of but believe goes all the way to the very close SMR floor extends one z-layer above the caverns.

Unfortunately most of it is submerged in magma, although I'm working in fits and starts on an obsidian farming operation to get to it.  It isn't a particularly difficult embark to do that on but I keep being interrupted by dragons and the like.

Ketsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 14, 2022, 03:54:23 am »

I am looking how to limit the number of z-levels of a cavern layer ? is this possible ? I want 1 or 2 Z-levels.
Also I'd like the cavern more open and less small corridors, is this achievable ?
Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32