Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32

Author Topic: DF v0.47.01+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread  (Read 107735 times)

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
Re: DF v0.47.01+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2020, 04:24:56 pm »

How make a world, that will be all spreaded by evil surroundings? Not covered from start, but fully dominated by goblins and necromancers.
So, from what I've seen, this is a bit tricky, and I'll explain what I mean.
If you generate this world:
Spoiler: gob-nec1 (click to show/hide)
what you find is that the evil starts to spread, then... conquers everything, and appears to retreat?  There's no doubt, evil spreads.  You can see it as the worldgen proceeds.
I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but if I understand your request correctly, you want all the towers at their maximum evil extent, geographically, right?
Or do you want everything conquered? Because at least under some conditions, those two states might be mutually exclusive..
Although to fulfill your request, it might simply be picking the right year to stop worldgen, depending on the current extent of tower evil.

Ketsuban

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2020, 06:55:11 pm »

There's a lot of worlds here which are deliberately as difficult as possible; how about one designed to be easy?

More specifically: I feel like Toady One designed most of the new features like werecreatures and necromancers thinking first and foremost of adventure mode, and in fortress mode the only effect they have is randomly destroying fortresses which stand no chance against them. Losing may be fun, but that doesn't sound like fun to me.

That said I'm not looking for an uber-custom place to embark with all the amenities in a 2x2 square, so I don't need or particularly want a specific seed so much as a profile very likely to generate the kind of world I'm looking for - as FPS-friendly a world as possible with at least one civilisation each of dwarves, elves, humans and goblins, all of whom are in range of most if not all of the possible embarks; not too savage or evil; wide-open caverns; and as many of the following as you can manage:
  • No megabeasts (i.e. [MEGABEAST_CAP:0]).
  • No semi-megabeasts (i.e. [SEMIMEGABEAST_CAP:0]).
  • No titans (i.e. [TITAN_NUMBER:0]).
  • No night trolls (i.e. [NIGHT_TROLL_NUMBER:0]).
  • No vampires (i.e. [VAMPIRE_NUMBER:0]).
  • No werebeasts (i.e. [WEREBEAST_NUMBER:0]).
  • No necromancers (i.e. [SECRET_NUMBER:0]).
  • No mummies (i.e. [DISTURBANCE_INTERACTION_NUMBER:0]).
  • No circus (i.e. [HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_2:0]) unless this results in no goblins like [CLOWN_NUMBER:0] in which case leave it be.
  • No forgotten beasts, if possible. (There doesn't seem to be a worldgen token for this.)

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2020, 09:29:24 pm »

This should, in general, meet your requirements, Ketsuban:
Spoiler: 4civs_ketsuban (click to show/hide)
Only thing to mention is, if you want a more lush embark, you can increase the rain from 1 to 9 on the PS_RF: lines. 
I don't usually like doing that because.. in fortress mode, after 3 years, with rain 9 you'll have so many surface trees, it's absurd, but at least you know.  8)
Similarly, if 50/100 savagery is too high, you can adjust the PS_SV: lines from 50 to 10 or 1, or whatever you wish.
Typical Populations would be something like:
Civilized World Population

401 Dwarves
   1071 Humans
   1254 Elves
   1928 Goblins

Total: 4654

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2020, 03:26:32 am »

I'm looking for a high savagery* rocky wasteland/mountain type of embark.

More details in a list below:
Iron and Flux stone available, essential.
Coal available, extremely desired.
Native Gold and Platinum, very desired.
No soil or sand, extremely desired.
Gypsum, Alabaster, or other stones to make casting powder from, a nice bonus.
No strong feelings towards Aquifers, I don't care as long as it's not a major one.
No rivers, preferably.
Only two cavern levels, but at least one with a source of water.
Temperature can be up to Scorching, as long the dwarves don't melt.
Goblin, Human and Elven civs nearby, very desired. No strong feelings about Towers/Necromancers.
High amount of mega and semi-mega beasts, almost a hundred and almost two hundreds, respectively.
Reduced amount of night creature types. from 5 to 10.
To counteract high savagery and beasts, have at least 50 civs.
Small world size; my PC is powerful, but I still would like the worldgen to be quick.
Speaking of the worldgen, 35 years of history, and no more.
*As high as possible without severe population drops in the rest of the world.
Magma and candy are present, duh!

If there are any important details missing in the list, or something is too ridiculous and can't handle the worldgen, lemme know.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2020, 03:55:43 pm »

This one should match, CABL.
Untamed Wilds half mountain, half rocky wasteland.
Water in caverns, partial light aquifer in half.
Prospect, I believe, covers the rest.
Spoiler: small_cabl1 (click to show/hide)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2020, 09:49:35 pm »

I've uploaded a collection of dead civilization worlds here, in case anyone was interested in trying out a dead civ.

All are pocket-sized.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2020, 11:37:23 pm »

This one should match, CABL.

Late reply, but thank you! Shame about the elves, though.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

deknegt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2020, 09:41:11 am »

I can't make heads or tails out of advanced gen, so I am dropping my question here.

I am looking for:
- A singular giant (127x127/254x254) pangaea island world. One giant landmass, surrounded by oceans on all sides. With few to no islands around it.
- Open spacious cavern layers, rather than the grated cheese motif you get in default gens.
- Not having to dig down too far for the layers, I'd say 50-75 layers max to hit 'funland'.
Nice to haves:
- The world doesn't have to be old.
- A few flat volcanoes would be interesting, if only so I can mess around with some more martial based forts. But cavern layers with pasta sauce not too far down would also be nice.
- Go wild on the biomes, not a fan of evil shenanigans. But since it's going to be an island, there's room for all flavours on the pizza planet.
- Mineral densities about middle of the road, don't want to drown in it, but also don't want to have a fort where all I get to smelt is tin and zinc.

If some of these requests are unrealistic, then feel free to tell me, I have no clue how to make world gen do all the things.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2020, 04:37:20 pm »

Nothing too unusual in this list of requirements, deknegt.  The only thing that really adds any time to it is the volcano.
This world & embark matches, as far as I can tell.  You can remove the seeds if you don't like layout & populations, it typically generates without rejections, regardless of seeds.
Spoiler: DEKNEGT_PIZZA1 (click to show/hide)
But a few comments.
I know a lot of players want or like volcanoes for a few different reasons.  In general, though, the following is true;  It's trivial to make a world that is so shallow that the magma sea is closer (in steps, to travel/walk) from the surface than the volcano would be, from the embark wagon.  As in, if you embark adjacent to or diagonally to the tile the surface volcano is on, it takes more than 20 steps to reach it.  While you could just dig less than 20 steps down and reach the magma sea.
So while it's true there are some megaprojects that need particular configurations of volcanoes, like +20Z of magma above the embark level, if it's just to get access to magma forges, it's adding a whole bunch of restriction that isn't really necessary, if you're counting pathfinding footsteps.  8)

deknegt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2020, 10:01:44 am »

Much obliged. The volcano honestly was more like a nice to have rather than a must have. But you went above and beyond, and I am very grateful for the effort you put into things. :)

When I get home, I'll start playing with my fantasy pizza!

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2020, 08:21:14 pm »

Here's a set of parameters I've been playing in and tweaking.

Spoiler: Valhalla (click to show/hide)

I wanted a long map with freezing mountains/volcanoes at the top and a complete edge ocean at the bottom. Still a bit of refinement to go, but the current iteration is pretty cool. Most likely there will be several hundred rejections if you try to gen it yourself, but it will work eventually.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2020, 11:00:41 pm »

Valhalla generated after two rejects. Is a beautiful world-- I'll have to roll up an adventurer and do some exploring! :)
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2020, 11:39:22 am »

I have a simple request that may not be so simple. All I want is a Small or Medium world that has, somewhere in it, an evil biome with a fog that makes husks. I don't care about any other aspects of the world. I can mess with them myself. But I've generated 6 worlds now and checked every evil biome in every one, and so far I've only found a single fog that made dwarves cough blood. This is ridiculous. Please help me?

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2020, 01:16:23 pm »

This world has a cloud that turns things to husks:
Spoiler: vile_gloom (click to show/hide)
It's EVIL_CLOUD_3 and named "vile gloom" and produces "vile gloom husks".
Similarly, EVIL_CLOUD_9, named "haunting vapor" also produces "haunting vapor husks".

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2020, 02:19:59 pm »

I've generated worlds with lots of evil clouds, the problem is, none of those materials are actually showing up in the world. Even reducing reanimation and evil rain interactions to 0 results in evil areas with no weather at all. Basically, I'm asking for confirmation that a particular biome actually has that weather.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32