Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32

Author Topic: DF v0.47.01+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread  (Read 106605 times)

teh sam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF v0.47.01+ Worldgen Cookbook Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2020, 12:59:00 pm »

No worries, I'll see what I can find with a river tile.

I played with biomemanipulator and was able to move the river to go through the embark.  (What an awesome tool!)  Took me a couple tries to realize that moving the path of the river actually moved the volcano tile each time.  That lead to some confusion.

Something else bizarre, when I went to embark, I got the warning that there were no cave spider silk items available, only giant.  I didn't know you could gen a world without cave spiders.  Or maybe that means that the dwarven civ hasn't domesticated them?  I've just never seen that error before, but to be fair I never genned worlds this small before.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2020, 01:20:57 pm »

The Region Manipulator allows you to adjust things on the Mid Level Tile level (i.e. what's in your embark tiles). It's a complement to the Biome Manipulator for the detailed scale (and with trial and error you can do wonky stuff like a circular river with it).

Apparently you got the Biome Manipulator working, though, which is great.

Cave spiders are vermin, and thus animals (which cannot be domesticated, but they spread webs all over the caverns), and apparently they aren't present in your civ's starting city's neighborhood (i.e. the caverns below it, I'd assume). Each plant and animal may randomly be available in each of the biomes they're valid for, so your civ presumably lucked out. It's not important in most cases though.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2020, 01:38:05 pm »

Here's one that matches, with surface flowing water, in a 4x4.
Spoiler: teh_sam2 (click to show/hide)

Also found this historically desirable embark, a volcano and surface flowing water in a 2x2, steel friendly
Spoiler: volc_riv_sf1 (click to show/hide)

teh sam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2020, 09:42:19 am »

The Region Manipulator allows you to adjust things on the Mid Level Tile level (i.e. what's in your embark tiles). It's a complement to the Biome Manipulator for the detailed scale (and with trial and error you can do wonky stuff like a circular river with it).

Apparently you got the Biome Manipulator working, though, which is great.

Cave spiders are vermin, and thus animals (which cannot be domesticated, but they spread webs all over the caverns), and apparently they aren't present in your civ's starting city's neighborhood (i.e. the caverns below it, I'd assume).

Is region manipulator part of the same script and I just didn't notice?  I'll have to take a better look and see what I can tinker with.  Thanks!  Also thought cave spiders were ubiquitous, but with a small enough world that makes perfect sense.

Here's one that matches, with surface flowing water, in a 4x4.
Spoiler: teh_sam2 (click to show/hide)

Also found this historically desirable embark, a volcano and surface flowing water in a 2x2, steel friendly
Spoiler: volc_riv_sf1 (click to show/hide)

This is great, especially that 2x2.  I have been playing 4x4 and I'm already getting considerable slowdown and feel like it's way too early.  It's odd though, I feel like I had a much more complicated forts in the past that didn't bog down this early.  I'm guessing maybe it's all the fluid mechanics of the volcano layers (and river).  Or maybe it's just more systems since my last fort.

Thanks again for the help!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2020, 11:33:56 am »

The Region Manipulator is a separate script: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164136.0.

Cave spiders cannot be exterminate if they're present, but they can be completely absent (as can any vermin). The more common they are the less likely it is they're not present.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2020, 10:40:14 am »

Spoiler: Small Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Large Map (click to show/hide)

Generated a large world with High number of Civ/Sites, Very High number of beasts, Very High natural savagery and Frequent minerals. The world features a large mainland with mountain ranges sprawling all across it, north pole and several populated and uninhabited islands. There are numerous necro towers in evil or savage biomes and many cool spots, like: Two gobbo enclaves in the glaciers, one featuring an additional necro tower, or a savage biome with two neighboring volcanoes, necro towers and several human and goblin forts around. High number of civs and goblin settlements means that there's some !!FUN!! bound to happen, as well as make for an interesting adventure runs. The world ran for 250 years and is still in the age of myth.

Full worldgen Params:
Code: [Select]
Created in DF v0.47.03.

[WORLD_GEN]
[TITLE:CREATE WORLD NOW = 5344554]
[SEED:DzEgnYAKGU5xn9LzhkLg]
[HISTORY_SEED:PecvoaFauL3Q9SrevVlc]
[NAME_SEED:RbMPHipfjyLKg5fXnvB8]
[CREATURE_SEED:MF0goYcmCeefc5awwRlk]
[DIM:257:257]
[EMBARK_POINTS:1504]
[END_YEAR:250]
[BEAST_END_YEAR:250:-1]
[REVEAL_ALL_HISTORY:1]
[CULL_HISTORICAL_FIGURES:0]
[ELEVATION:1:400:1600:1600]
[RAINFALL:0:100:400:400]
[TEMPERATURE:25:75:400:400]
[DRAINAGE:0:100:400:400]
[VOLCANISM:0:100:400:400]
[SAVAGERY:0:100:400:400]
[ELEVATION_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[RAIN_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[DRAINAGE_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[TEMPERATURE_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[SAVAGERY_FREQUENCY:3:1:2:3:4:5]
[VOLCANISM_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
[POLE:NORTH_AND_OR_SOUTH]
[MINERAL_SCARCITY:500]
[MEGABEAST_CAP:150]
[SEMIMEGABEAST_CAP:300]
[TITAN_NUMBER:66]
[TITAN_ATTACK_TRIGGER:80:0:100000]
[DEMON_NUMBER:52]
[NIGHT_TROLL_NUMBER:26]
[BOGEYMAN_NUMBER:26]
[NIGHTMARE_NUMBER:26]
[VAMPIRE_NUMBER:26]
[WEREBEAST_NUMBER:26]
[WEREBEAST_ATTACK_TRIGGER:50:5000:50000]
[SECRET_NUMBER:52]
[REGIONAL_INTERACTION_NUMBER:52]
[DISTURBANCE_INTERACTION_NUMBER:52]
[EVIL_CLOUD_NUMBER:26]
[EVIL_RAIN_NUMBER:26]
[GENERATE_DIVINE_MATERIALS:1]
[ALLOW_DIVINATION:1]
[ALLOW_DEMONIC_EXPERIMENTS:1]
[ALLOW_NECROMANCER_EXPERIMENTS:1]
[ALLOW_NECROMANCER_LIEUTENANTS:1]
[ALLOW_NECROMANCER_GHOULS:1]
[ALLOW_NECROMANCER_SUMMONS:1]
[GOOD_SQ_COUNTS:24:244:0]
[EVIL_SQ_COUNTS:24:244:0]
[PEAK_NUMBER_MIN:12]
[PARTIAL_OCEAN_EDGE_MIN:0]
[COMPLETE_OCEAN_EDGE_MIN:4]
[VOLCANO_MIN:4]
[REGION_COUNTS:SWAMP:252:1:1]
[REGION_COUNTS:DESERT:252:1:1]
[REGION_COUNTS:FOREST:1008:3:2]
[REGION_COUNTS:MOUNTAINS:2016:2:2]
[REGION_COUNTS:OCEAN:2016:1:1]
[REGION_COUNTS:GLACIER:63:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:TUNDRA:126:0:0]
[REGION_COUNTS:GRASSLAND:2016:3:2]
[REGION_COUNTS:HILLS:2016:3:2]
[EROSION_CYCLE_COUNT:250]
[RIVER_MINS:100:100]
[PERIODICALLY_ERODE_EXTREMES:1]
[OROGRAPHIC_PRECIPITATION:1]
[SUBREGION_MAX:3500]
[CAVERN_LAYER_COUNT:3]
[CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MIN:0]
[CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MAX:100]
[CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MIN:0]
[CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MAX:100]
[CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MIN:0]
[CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MAX:100]
[HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_1:1]
[HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_2:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_GROUND:15]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_1:5]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_2:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_3:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_4:1]
[LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_5:2]
[LEVELS_AT_BOTTOM:1]
[CAVE_MIN_SIZE:5]
[CAVE_MAX_SIZE:25]
[MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:80]
[NON_MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:120]
[ALL_CAVES_VISIBLE:0]
[SHOW_EMBARK_TUNNEL:2]
[TOTAL_CIV_NUMBER:80]
[TOTAL_CIV_POPULATION:15000]
[SITE_CAP:2000]
[PLAYABLE_CIVILIZATION_REQUIRED:1]
[ELEVATION_RANGES:33000:4032:2016]
[RAIN_RANGES:2016:4032:2016]
[DRAINAGE_RANGES:2016:4032:2016]
[SAVAGERY_RANGES:0:8256:16512]
[VOLCANISM_RANGES:2016:4032:2016]

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2020, 03:29:53 pm »

It’s been a long time since I got involved with worldgen, but while my main world in the previous version was satisfactory, after a lot of fiddling around I have yet to get a single World in which all the civs were actually on the same continent, and I’m really, really not savvy enough with Worldgen to do anything about it. So how Wouod one go about creating a (preferably medium sized) World with just the one big continent?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2020, 04:12:55 pm »

With advanced world gen, go for regions, as that means the world isn't split up into several continents. You may still get islands, though.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2020, 09:18:03 pm »

How do you maximize the amount of candy in a 3x3 or 4x4 embark?

DF 47.03 no mods.
Never pet a burning dog.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2020, 10:26:23 pm »

It's formed from the circus, through the SMR sea, then through the magma sea, then to the first cavern, at least.
I think, if memory serves, if there is more than one cavern, it will go through the bottom one through to the next higher one.  So if there were three, and three is the bottom, there is a chance it will go through cavern three into cavern two. Maybe.
If that's true, then having the largest possible layer count from the circus to the bottom of layer 2 would, I think, get you the longest possible spires.
As for spire count, I don't think anything determines that, in particular?  But I have seen at least 2 spires in a 2x2, so in a 4x4, maybe you could get 8 spires?  Possibly more.
I'll do some experiments and see what's typical and/or rare.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2020, 10:41:42 pm »

Haven't seen a spire go to caverns above bottom one. That said, if you want max candy with 2 or 1 cavern worlds, below is useful snippet:
To get much candy you want your spire(s) to be as tall as possible. DF has a bug in its spire generation for worlds that have less than 3 cavern which causes spires that are set to reach the 3:rd cavern (and 2:nd, if only one layer is generated) to fail to appear at all. This bug can be corrected by changing the tubes to reach the 2:nd (or 1:st with a single cavern) level instead. It's also possible to use the same logic to stretch a tube that's set not to reach the caverns to reach the first 1 (regardless of number of caverns) for maximum spire length. This DFHack script fixes spires that would fail to appear due to the bug: https://github.com/PatrikLundell/scripts/blob/master/candy_corrector.lua. Beware that if you're going to use the script's logic to hack spires manually, DF doesn't actually populate the data structure entries until the world tile the data applies to is in the embark focus. Trying to hack data without having it loaded can either result in a crash (if the high level feature shell isn't loaded) or failure to find any data to manipulate.

In addition to this, specifying a lot of levels between the magma sea and the lowest cavern will result in a lot of spire levels if the spire is set to (actually) reach that cavern.

I'd just set the wg parameters to maximize spire length then use PatrikLundell's embark-assistant min/max adamantine to find sites with maximum number of possible spires. Being that they're distributed in random square in 2x2 local map tile, with each one having one normally, a 3x3 embark can have max of 4 (same for 2x2), and 4x4 max of of 9.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 10:43:26 pm by Fleeting Frames »

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2020, 11:07:48 pm »

Yeah, after a few dozen worldgens, the most common I've seen in 0.47.0x is:
With three caverns, it's reasonably common to find a spire that will run from the magma sea to the bottom of the third cavern.
So, a quick and easy method would be to increment that value (Z Levels Above Layer 4) to 100, and you should be able to find a huge spire with that.
If it doesn't work for you, I have a saved demo set that has a spire from 20 to 120, and being solid 94 to 120.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2020, 05:58:46 am »

As mentioned, there is exactly one spire in each 2*2 MLT area (when the bug doesn't cause a defined one to fail to appear: it's defined nevertheless), aligned with the edges (i.e. X= 0-1, 2-3, 3-4,.. and the same for Y).

In addition to searching, you can also hack it, either manually or using the feature manipulation features of the Region Manipulator http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164136.0 immediately prior to embark. The tool allows you to move spires within their 2*2 "cells", as well as changing their target layer (e.g. stretch from the magma sea up to cavern 1). It does not allow you to create new spires or move spires outside of their cells (but does allow for generation of e.g. volcanoes). Whether DF allows that is unknown to me: I haven't tried. Note that hacking may cause interference with other features.

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2020, 06:08:57 am »

How make a world, that will be all spreaded by evil surroundings? Not covered from start, but fully dominated by goblins and necromancers.

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2020, 12:08:53 pm »

How make a world, that will be all spreaded by evil surroundings? Not covered from start, but fully dominated by goblins and necromancers.

You may want the raws for that one, specifically entity_default. There's only a few things you'll be interested in; I'd suggest making a note of them (just type something out next to them, like their original value, to make them noticeable) so that you can change them back to normal later without copy/pasting entity_default over itself. Keep your changes organized and well noted, or your raws will become a mess and you'll have to either redownload and steal some fresh raws or copy/paste unchanged raws from the wiki, both of which are annoying.

Spoiler: Site settings (click to show/hide)
You'll want to look at this block on every civ. You can just turn off the races you don't want with MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER, and by setting MAX_POP_NUMBER to 1, you can get dwarves to instantly die out but still normally be playable. I don't typically tweak MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER, but it's still in the trio, I guess. At the very least, set MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER to 1 on every race except goblins, you'll need as many goblin civs as you can get.
Next up, you'll need to make goblins able to make necro towers. They need to both have gods (to bestow the power) and be mortal, which requires a brief trip to creature_standard. Just CTRL-C/CTRL-V the goblin religion spoiler into their entity, and give goblins a [MAXAGE:999999:999999] in creature_standard, which keeps them effectively immortal but still technically mortal for our purposes.
Spoiler: Goblin religion (click to show/hide)
The last thing you need to do is the most complicated. Look at the block of settings that contain the information regarding biome support.
Spoiler: Biome Support (click to show/hide)
For dwarves, it looks like that, but just keep an eye out for the BIOME_SUPPORT tags, they're the ones you want. Remove some of them; I like to just put a -- in place of the first open bracket of each thing I want to remove, which nullifies the tag without permanently deleting it, so I can undo the changes later. This requires some tweaking, re-launching the game, and seeing how civs spread. Your goal is to limit the spread of elves, dwarves, and humans (without killing them, unless that's what you want, in which case don't fiddle with this, just set starting civ number to 0 or max pop number to 1) so that goblins can truly dominate. It's not entirely necessary for your goal, but it will help make it more likely. I normally set dwarves to only settle in mountains if I want to limit their spread, and humans and elves can just have a few random biome types poked out of their biome support to slow them down.

And then you're basically done! Crank up the civ count as high as you can without placement errors, turn down max site cap and max pop cap (so you can gen your world for a long time without freezing every year), and watch the evil spread! The basic idea should function in almost any type of world, so you don't have to worry too much about your parameters affecting your goal in a detrimental way.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32